I am surprising my husband and taking him to Italy for our 25th anniversary. I have signed him up to run the marathon in Venice, and he knows he'll be running a marathon on our trip. The marathon is Oct. 24 and we need to begin our trip with the marathon on the front end. The plan is to take roughly 12 -14 days for the trip. I'd like us to see Venice, Florance, Rome, and maybe Malta but hate the idea of hotel hopping. What advice would an experienced traveler to Italy do in my situation?
First time to Italy for 25th wedding anniversary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 Chip but no PIN
- 3 Foie gras, redux
- 4 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 5 Dublin Tour Companies
- 6 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 7 Day trips from Seville
- 8 Oktoberfest reservations
- 9 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 10 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 11 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 12 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 13 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 14 Southern France
- 15 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 16 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 17 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 20 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Train to Airport in Venice
- 24 Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids