I'm looking for some help planning a trip with my two best friends to Ireland. It is our first time to Ireland and we have been talking about this trip for years, so we hope it will be a trip of a lifetime. We're young and just finished Law School so we're looking to make some memories. I'm at the beginning stages of creating an itinerary and nothing is officially booked. We plan to go July 29-August 7th. We are traveling from New York, so it's about 10 days but two days of traveling.
My plan as of today is the following:
Day 1 - (Friday) Arrive in Dublin late at night.
Day 2 - (Saturday) Explore Dublin
Day 3 - (Sunday) Explore Dublin, Sunday night leave for Kilkenny
Day 4 - (Monday) Explore Kilkenny on Monday
Day 5 - (Tuesday) Tuesday morning leave for Cork, passing Cashel and explore Cork on Tuesday
Day 6 - (Wednesday) Wednesday morning leave for Kenmare to see Ring of Kerry
Day 7 - (Thursday) Dingle Peninsula -- Arrive in Galway by Thursday night
Day 8 - (Friday) Cliffs of Moher Tour, while staying in Galway
Day 9 - (Saturday) Aran Islands Tour, while staying in Galway
Day 10 - (Sunday) Fly out of Shannon Airport
I would love any and all suggestions. I am clearly very new to planning this.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 6 Iceland early december visit
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris