We are planning a holiday to Greece next year. Have never been to Europe before. We have one afternoon/evening in Athens (a Sunday) and then go off to Kefallonia for a week. We fly back to Athens late p.m. and then want to plan a trip to Paros then Santorini (3 nights in each). I am comfortable to sort out accommodation in both locations (but happy to receive recommendations) and flight back from Santorini.
My uncertainty is booking ferries. I would like to get a fast boat ferry to Paros but am unable to see timetables online. As I only have half a Sunday in Athens the week prior, do you think the hotel would book it for me or know what the timetable would be (am staying at the Sofitel because we're pretty well flying in and flying out)? I just don't want to arrive in Athens late p.m. and find I can't get on the fastboat to Paros the next day.
Also will it be easy to book the ferry to Santorini from Paros after we arrive in Paros?
What would be the best method of transport from Athens Airport to the ferry port.
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to expect over Christmas
- 2 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 3 First time in France
- 4 Italy/Greece with kids
- 5 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 6 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 7 Rome
- 8 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 9 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 10 Prague hotels
- 11 Need help in travel planning
- 12 Puglia or La Langhe
- 13 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 14 Munich
- 15 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 16 Northern lights in December
- 17 Booking hotels before trains
- 18 Flights from Croatia
- 19 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 20 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 21 Budapest
- 22 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 23 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 24 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 25 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th