We are planning a holiday to Greece next year. Have never been to Europe before. We have one afternoon/evening in Athens (a Sunday) and then go off to Kefallonia for a week. We fly back to Athens late p.m. and then want to plan a trip to Paros then Santorini (3 nights in each). I am comfortable to sort out accommodation in both locations (but happy to receive recommendations) and flight back from Santorini.
My uncertainty is booking ferries. I would like to get a fast boat ferry to Paros but am unable to see timetables online. As I only have half a Sunday in Athens the week prior, do you think the hotel would book it for me or know what the timetable would be (am staying at the Sofitel because we're pretty well flying in and flying out)? I just don't want to arrive in Athens late p.m. and find I can't get on the fastboat to Paros the next day.
Also will it be easy to book the ferry to Santorini from Paros after we arrive in Paros?
What would be the best method of transport from Athens Airport to the ferry port.
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 want to come to Sweden Harnosand.
- 2 Greek Islands (small)
- 3 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 9 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 10 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 11 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 12 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 13 Flat in London
- 14 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 15 Help required with Itinerary
- 16 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 17 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 18 Spain in December
- 19 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 20 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 21 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 22 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 23 Skye to Edinburgh
- 24 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 25 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?