We are planning a holiday to Greece next year. Have never been to Europe before. We have one afternoon/evening in Athens (a Sunday) and then go off to Kefallonia for a week. We fly back to Athens late p.m. and then want to plan a trip to Paros then Santorini (3 nights in each). I am comfortable to sort out accommodation in both locations (but happy to receive recommendations) and flight back from Santorini.
My uncertainty is booking ferries. I would like to get a fast boat ferry to Paros but am unable to see timetables online. As I only have half a Sunday in Athens the week prior, do you think the hotel would book it for me or know what the timetable would be (am staying at the Sofitel because we're pretty well flying in and flying out)? I just don't want to arrive in Athens late p.m. and find I can't get on the fastboat to Paros the next day.
Also will it be easy to book the ferry to Santorini from Paros after we arrive in Paros?
What would be the best method of transport from Athens Airport to the ferry port.
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 2 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 3 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 4 Planning Advice!
- 5 Driving Vespa's in Florence
- 6 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 7 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 8 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 9 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 10 Our European adventures
- 11 Crete (and Santorini ) Trip Report
- 12 Scotland November 2015
- 13 1 day trip from Nice
- 14 Norway holiday locations
- 15 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 16 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 17 Help with itinerary
- 18 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 19 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 20 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 21 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 22 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 23 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 24 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 25 Bellagio Accomodations in October