We are planning a holiday to Greece next year. Have never been to Europe before. We have one afternoon/evening in Athens (a Sunday) and then go off to Kefallonia for a week. We fly back to Athens late p.m. and then want to plan a trip to Paros then Santorini (3 nights in each). I am comfortable to sort out accommodation in both locations (but happy to receive recommendations) and flight back from Santorini.
My uncertainty is booking ferries. I would like to get a fast boat ferry to Paros but am unable to see timetables online. As I only have half a Sunday in Athens the week prior, do you think the hotel would book it for me or know what the timetable would be (am staying at the Sofitel because we're pretty well flying in and flying out)? I just don't want to arrive in Athens late p.m. and find I can't get on the fastboat to Paros the next day.
Also will it be easy to book the ferry to Santorini from Paros after we arrive in Paros?
What would be the best method of transport from Athens Airport to the ferry port.
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Immigration entering UK to visit BF! Need advice!
- 2 The highlands
- 3 Camino Redux
- 4 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 5 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 6 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 7 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 8 Norwway trip report
- 9 Berlin to Barcelona
- 10 Giverny, Rouen, Honfleur advice
- 11 DayTrip to Hallstatt from Cesky Krumlov?
- 12 Best way to see Croatia?
- 13 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 14 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 15 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 16 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 17 Help with Colmar on Rhine cruise
- 18 Switzerland in April
- 19 Inexpensive Gifts to Bring Back
- 20 Hotel for stay in Montpellier
- 21 Montpellier to Arles
- 22 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 23 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 24 Flat iron/hair straightener purchase Paris
- 25 Vienna to Bratislava