Hello, world travelers!
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer, and are looking for advice from experienced European travelers. We haven't traveled pretty much at all, so we're nervous to try to do this on our own. We are open to both guided and independent tours, or trying to do it on our own, but don't know which one would be better for us. We are hoping to spend 10 to 14 days on our trip. We are hoping to spend under $7,000 (including airfare). Here are our requirements/wants:
1. We want to see multiple cities, probably 3-4. We are interested in Western Europe. The "must sees" are London and Paris, but we are open to any other cities beyond those two. The "guided tours" that sound most interesting to us usually involve London, Paris, and Rome.
2. We are not the "party" types, and don't drink...BUT we still want to be with a "youngish" crowd if we were to do a tour. We are both 27.
3. We want to do this in the most economical way possible (doesn't everybody??), but we don't want to stay in gross hotels, and we don't want to share rooms with other people.
4. We want to see the "highlights," since this is our first trip (which is why we are open to tours).
We have heard mixed reviews from friends regarding guided tours, but that's what we're leaning towards, since we're "travel virgins," so to speak. Any advice that people could give would be great. We specifically want to know what tours people have gone on, or if they've done it alone and how they went about that. Where should we start? What sites are good resources? And anything else people would like to impart. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 2 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 3 Food in Positano
- 4 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 5 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Edinburgh to Skye
- 8 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 9 4 days itinerary for France
- 10 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 11 Emergencies in Ireland
- 12 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 13 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 14 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 15 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 16 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 3 weeks in Spain
- 19 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 20 Rent a car in England
- 21 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 22 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 23 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 24 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 25 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
Hello, world travelers!