Hello, world travelers!
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer, and are looking for advice from experienced European travelers. We haven't traveled pretty much at all, so we're nervous to try to do this on our own. We are open to both guided and independent tours, or trying to do it on our own, but don't know which one would be better for us. We are hoping to spend 10 to 14 days on our trip. We are hoping to spend under $7,000 (including airfare). Here are our requirements/wants:
1. We want to see multiple cities, probably 3-4. We are interested in Western Europe. The "must sees" are London and Paris, but we are open to any other cities beyond those two. The "guided tours" that sound most interesting to us usually involve London, Paris, and Rome.
2. We are not the "party" types, and don't drink...BUT we still want to be with a "youngish" crowd if we were to do a tour. We are both 27.
3. We want to do this in the most economical way possible (doesn't everybody??), but we don't want to stay in gross hotels, and we don't want to share rooms with other people.
4. We want to see the "highlights," since this is our first trip (which is why we are open to tours).
We have heard mixed reviews from friends regarding guided tours, but that's what we're leaning towards, since we're "travel virgins," so to speak. Any advice that people could give would be great. We specifically want to know what tours people have gone on, or if they've done it alone and how they went about that. Where should we start? What sites are good resources? And anything else people would like to impart. Thanks in advance!
First time to Europe- Need advice!
Hello, world travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 4 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 5 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 6 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 7 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 8 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 9 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 10 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 11 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 12 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 13 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 Mycenae Documentary
- 16 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 19 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 20 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 21 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 22 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 23 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 24 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 25 Mont St Michel