Hello, world travelers!
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer, and are looking for advice from experienced European travelers. We haven't traveled pretty much at all, so we're nervous to try to do this on our own. We are open to both guided and independent tours, or trying to do it on our own, but don't know which one would be better for us. We are hoping to spend 10 to 14 days on our trip. We are hoping to spend under $7,000 (including airfare). Here are our requirements/wants:
1. We want to see multiple cities, probably 3-4. We are interested in Western Europe. The "must sees" are London and Paris, but we are open to any other cities beyond those two. The "guided tours" that sound most interesting to us usually involve London, Paris, and Rome.
2. We are not the "party" types, and don't drink...BUT we still want to be with a "youngish" crowd if we were to do a tour. We are both 27.
3. We want to do this in the most economical way possible (doesn't everybody??), but we don't want to stay in gross hotels, and we don't want to share rooms with other people.
4. We want to see the "highlights," since this is our first trip (which is why we are open to tours).
We have heard mixed reviews from friends regarding guided tours, but that's what we're leaning towards, since we're "travel virgins," so to speak. Any advice that people could give would be great. We specifically want to know what tours people have gone on, or if they've done it alone and how they went about that. Where should we start? What sites are good resources? And anything else people would like to impart. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 2 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 3 Rome
- 4 Booking hotels before trains
- 5 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 6 First time in France
- 7 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 8 What to expect over Christmas
- 9 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 10 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 13 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 14 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 15 Vienna or Budapest?
- 16 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 17 Munich
- 18 Need help in travel planning
- 19 Paris---baguette question???
- 20 Portugal itinerary help
- 21 Puglia or La Langhe
- 22 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 23 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 24 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 25 Visiting Spain in January
Hello, world travelers!