Hello, world travelers!
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer, and are looking for advice from experienced European travelers. We haven't traveled pretty much at all, so we're nervous to try to do this on our own. We are open to both guided and independent tours, or trying to do it on our own, but don't know which one would be better for us. We are hoping to spend 10 to 14 days on our trip. We are hoping to spend under $7,000 (including airfare). Here are our requirements/wants:
1. We want to see multiple cities, probably 3-4. We are interested in Western Europe. The "must sees" are London and Paris, but we are open to any other cities beyond those two. The "guided tours" that sound most interesting to us usually involve London, Paris, and Rome.
2. We are not the "party" types, and don't drink...BUT we still want to be with a "youngish" crowd if we were to do a tour. We are both 27.
3. We want to do this in the most economical way possible (doesn't everybody??), but we don't want to stay in gross hotels, and we don't want to share rooms with other people.
4. We want to see the "highlights," since this is our first trip (which is why we are open to tours).
We have heard mixed reviews from friends regarding guided tours, but that's what we're leaning towards, since we're "travel virgins," so to speak. Any advice that people could give would be great. We specifically want to know what tours people have gone on, or if they've done it alone and how they went about that. Where should we start? What sites are good resources? And anything else people would like to impart. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 2 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 3 Prague & Croatia
- 4 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 5 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 6 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 7 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 8 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 9 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 10 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 11 Florence airport costumes
- 12 Road trip from Milan Rome
- 13 A few last minute questions
- 14 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 15 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 16 Gluten Free in Italy
- 17 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 18 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 19 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 20 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 21 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 22 Trip to Spain in the Fall
- 23 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 24 The Bridges of Wroclaw
- 25 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
Hello, world travelers!