Hello, world travelers!
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer, and are looking for advice from experienced European travelers. We haven't traveled pretty much at all, so we're nervous to try to do this on our own. We are open to both guided and independent tours, or trying to do it on our own, but don't know which one would be better for us. We are hoping to spend 10 to 14 days on our trip. We are hoping to spend under $7,000 (including airfare). Here are our requirements/wants:
1. We want to see multiple cities, probably 3-4. We are interested in Western Europe. The "must sees" are London and Paris, but we are open to any other cities beyond those two. The "guided tours" that sound most interesting to us usually involve London, Paris, and Rome.
2. We are not the "party" types, and don't drink...BUT we still want to be with a "youngish" crowd if we were to do a tour. We are both 27.
3. We want to do this in the most economical way possible (doesn't everybody??), but we don't want to stay in gross hotels, and we don't want to share rooms with other people.
4. We want to see the "highlights," since this is our first trip (which is why we are open to tours).
We have heard mixed reviews from friends regarding guided tours, but that's what we're leaning towards, since we're "travel virgins," so to speak. Any advice that people could give would be great. We specifically want to know what tours people have gone on, or if they've done it alone and how they went about that. Where should we start? What sites are good resources? And anything else people would like to impart. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 4 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 5 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 6 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 7 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 8 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 9 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 10 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 11 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 12 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 13 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 14 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 15 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 16 Private transportation
- 17 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 19 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 20 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 21 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 22 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 23 Global Travel Warning...
- 24 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 25 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
Hello, world travelers!