Hello, world travelers!
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer, and are looking for advice from experienced European travelers. We haven't traveled pretty much at all, so we're nervous to try to do this on our own. We are open to both guided and independent tours, or trying to do it on our own, but don't know which one would be better for us. We are hoping to spend 10 to 14 days on our trip. We are hoping to spend under $7,000 (including airfare). Here are our requirements/wants:
1. We want to see multiple cities, probably 3-4. We are interested in Western Europe. The "must sees" are London and Paris, but we are open to any other cities beyond those two. The "guided tours" that sound most interesting to us usually involve London, Paris, and Rome.
2. We are not the "party" types, and don't drink...BUT we still want to be with a "youngish" crowd if we were to do a tour. We are both 27.
3. We want to do this in the most economical way possible (doesn't everybody??), but we don't want to stay in gross hotels, and we don't want to share rooms with other people.
4. We want to see the "highlights," since this is our first trip (which is why we are open to tours).
We have heard mixed reviews from friends regarding guided tours, but that's what we're leaning towards, since we're "travel virgins," so to speak. Any advice that people could give would be great. We specifically want to know what tours people have gone on, or if they've done it alone and how they went about that. Where should we start? What sites are good resources? And anything else people would like to impart. Thanks in advance!
First time to Europe- Need advice!
Hello, world travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 5 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 6 100 years of French gratitude
- 7 Madrid: City Views
- 8 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 9 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 10 Day Trips from Nice
- 11 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 12 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 13 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 14 London restaurants
- 15 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 16 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 17 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 18 Istanbul water
- 19 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 20 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 21 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 22 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 23 Norway 2014
- 24 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 25 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia