Hello, world travelers!
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer, and are looking for advice from experienced European travelers. We haven't traveled pretty much at all, so we're nervous to try to do this on our own. We are open to both guided and independent tours, or trying to do it on our own, but don't know which one would be better for us. We are hoping to spend 10 to 14 days on our trip. We are hoping to spend under $7,000 (including airfare). Here are our requirements/wants:
1. We want to see multiple cities, probably 3-4. We are interested in Western Europe. The "must sees" are London and Paris, but we are open to any other cities beyond those two. The "guided tours" that sound most interesting to us usually involve London, Paris, and Rome.
2. We are not the "party" types, and don't drink...BUT we still want to be with a "youngish" crowd if we were to do a tour. We are both 27.
3. We want to do this in the most economical way possible (doesn't everybody??), but we don't want to stay in gross hotels, and we don't want to share rooms with other people.
4. We want to see the "highlights," since this is our first trip (which is why we are open to tours).
We have heard mixed reviews from friends regarding guided tours, but that's what we're leaning towards, since we're "travel virgins," so to speak. Any advice that people could give would be great. We specifically want to know what tours people have gone on, or if they've done it alone and how they went about that. Where should we start? What sites are good resources? And anything else people would like to impart. Thanks in advance!
First time to Europe- Need advice!
Hello, world travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 2 9 days in turkey
- 3 Burg Eltz
- 4 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 5 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 6 Germany-berlin marathon
- 7 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 8 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 11 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 14 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 15 itinerary help
- 16 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 17 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 18 Nice Video about Poland
- 19 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 20 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 21 Reims for a day
- 22 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 23 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 24 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 25 Toulouse and beyond -