Hello, world travelers!
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer, and are looking for advice from experienced European travelers. We haven't traveled pretty much at all, so we're nervous to try to do this on our own. We are open to both guided and independent tours, or trying to do it on our own, but don't know which one would be better for us. We are hoping to spend 10 to 14 days on our trip. We are hoping to spend under $7,000 (including airfare). Here are our requirements/wants:
1. We want to see multiple cities, probably 3-4. We are interested in Western Europe. The "must sees" are London and Paris, but we are open to any other cities beyond those two. The "guided tours" that sound most interesting to us usually involve London, Paris, and Rome.
2. We are not the "party" types, and don't drink...BUT we still want to be with a "youngish" crowd if we were to do a tour. We are both 27.
3. We want to do this in the most economical way possible (doesn't everybody??), but we don't want to stay in gross hotels, and we don't want to share rooms with other people.
4. We want to see the "highlights," since this is our first trip (which is why we are open to tours).
We have heard mixed reviews from friends regarding guided tours, but that's what we're leaning towards, since we're "travel virgins," so to speak. Any advice that people could give would be great. We specifically want to know what tours people have gone on, or if they've done it alone and how they went about that. Where should we start? What sites are good resources? And anything else people would like to impart. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 2 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 3 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 4 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 7 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 8 Piedmont as a destination
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 11 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 12 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 13 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 14 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 15 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 16 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 17 Passport proplems
- 18 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 19 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 20 Itinerary help...
- 21 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 22 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 23 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 24 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 25 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
Hello, world travelers!