Hello, world travelers!
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer, and are looking for advice from experienced European travelers. We haven't traveled pretty much at all, so we're nervous to try to do this on our own. We are open to both guided and independent tours, or trying to do it on our own, but don't know which one would be better for us. We are hoping to spend 10 to 14 days on our trip. We are hoping to spend under $7,000 (including airfare). Here are our requirements/wants:
1. We want to see multiple cities, probably 3-4. We are interested in Western Europe. The "must sees" are London and Paris, but we are open to any other cities beyond those two. The "guided tours" that sound most interesting to us usually involve London, Paris, and Rome.
2. We are not the "party" types, and don't drink...BUT we still want to be with a "youngish" crowd if we were to do a tour. We are both 27.
3. We want to do this in the most economical way possible (doesn't everybody??), but we don't want to stay in gross hotels, and we don't want to share rooms with other people.
4. We want to see the "highlights," since this is our first trip (which is why we are open to tours).
We have heard mixed reviews from friends regarding guided tours, but that's what we're leaning towards, since we're "travel virgins," so to speak. Any advice that people could give would be great. We specifically want to know what tours people have gone on, or if they've done it alone and how they went about that. Where should we start? What sites are good resources? And anything else people would like to impart. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome -- The next time around
- 2 Hotels in Turin
- 3 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 4 Alitala
- 5 PARIS
- 6 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 7 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 8 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 11 Rome to Venice
- 12 One free day in Barcelona
- 13 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 14 "Too Much Cows"
- 15 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 Uber vs. TfL
- 19 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 20 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 21 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 22 An evening in London
- 23 NYT article
- 24 Sicily help
- 25 Supplements in Carry on bag
Hello, world travelers!