I am traveling from Hawai'i to go to a summer program at the University of Amsterdam next summer in July, 2013. I decided that it would be wise to embark on a new adventure through Europe and leave a bit early (around June 1st), leaving me about 30 days to travel. I've been to Italy and Greece and loved both; so far I've narrowed where I would like to go down to: Ireland or Spain, France, and Czech Republic and end up in Amsterdam to start school July 1st. I would love to throw Florence in there too, but I think it may be crunching on time..
I'm an adventurous 25 year old woman who loves seeing extraordinary things including those of which are in nature, itself! I like to hike, swim, dance, sing, eat, drink, converse, explore, and of course laugh! Any cities or views you think would be worth seeing for a person like me, please throw them at me!
My summer program will cost a good amount and I will be left with about $7000 left to spend on travel (incl. flight from Hawai'i). BTW Thank you student loans!
I have NEVER done a solo trip ANYWHERE! So any first time-pointers, please - by all means, tell me!
I love this site! Thank you for any replies! <3
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 2 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 Quizz !
- 5 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 8 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 9 Schengen Rule
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Christmas Day in Granada
- 13 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 14 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 15 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 16 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 17 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 18 Zurich to Milan trip
- 19 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 24 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 25 Venice/Mestre