I am planning a 2 week trip to Switzerland next summer and rather than use a tour group I am wondering if I can do this on my own (with a little help from you Fodorites). My plan- fly into Milan, train up to Ticino region for 4-5 days(Lugano or Lucarno?) I hope to get some sun and get over my jet lag before hitting the Alps. Suggestions on hotel with best lakeside views? (Approximately $150 double?)Swiss Flexi Pass(???) for Bernina Express to St. Moritz. Hotel suggestion? Glacier Express from St.Moritz to Zermatt. (Hotel?) Swiss Mountain Peaks tour(Murren-Mt. Titlis-Schilthorn). Tops of Switzerland tour (Interlaken-Jungraujuch-Lucerne-Mt. Pilatus). Is this possible? Open to suggestions. Where would you spend the most time? Thanks for your input.
First time itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 2 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 3 Monet in Normandy
- 4 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 5 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 6 London visit
- 7 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 8 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 14 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 15 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 16 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 17 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 18 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 best time to book accommodation
- 24 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations