I am planning a 2 week trip to Switzerland next summer and rather than use a tour group I am wondering if I can do this on my own (with a little help from you Fodorites). My plan- fly into Milan, train up to Ticino region for 4-5 days(Lugano or Lucarno?) I hope to get some sun and get over my jet lag before hitting the Alps. Suggestions on hotel with best lakeside views? (Approximately $150 double?)Swiss Flexi Pass(???) for Bernina Express to St. Moritz. Hotel suggestion? Glacier Express from St.Moritz to Zermatt. (Hotel?) Swiss Mountain Peaks tour(Murren-Mt. Titlis-Schilthorn). Tops of Switzerland tour (Interlaken-Jungraujuch-Lucerne-Mt. Pilatus). Is this possible? Open to suggestions. Where would you spend the most time? Thanks for your input.
First time itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 3 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 4 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 5 Olive Oil
- 6 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 7 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 8 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 9 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 10 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 11 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 12 Wine tour from Verona?
- 13 Paris in 1 Day
- 14 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 15 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 16 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 17 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 18 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?
- 19 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 20 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 21 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 22 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 23 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 24 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 25 Oslo in early Oct