I am planning a 2 week trip to Switzerland next summer and rather than use a tour group I am wondering if I can do this on my own (with a little help from you Fodorites). My plan- fly into Milan, train up to Ticino region for 4-5 days(Lugano or Lucarno?) I hope to get some sun and get over my jet lag before hitting the Alps. Suggestions on hotel with best lakeside views? (Approximately $150 double?)Swiss Flexi Pass(???) for Bernina Express to St. Moritz. Hotel suggestion? Glacier Express from St.Moritz to Zermatt. (Hotel?) Swiss Mountain Peaks tour(Murren-Mt. Titlis-Schilthorn). Tops of Switzerland tour (Interlaken-Jungraujuch-Lucerne-Mt. Pilatus). Is this possible? Open to suggestions. Where would you spend the most time? Thanks for your input.
First time itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 4 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 5 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 6 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 7 Hotel in Venice
- 8 Day trip on the Rhine
- 9 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 10 Avignon to London?
- 11 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 12 Swiss rail passes
- 13 Day trips
- 14 Europe in 21 days
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 17 Day trip from London to Paris
- 18 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 19 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 20 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 21 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 22 A drive in Europe
- 23 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 24 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 25 nearby cities to london