I am planning a 2 week trip to Switzerland next summer and rather than use a tour group I am wondering if I can do this on my own (with a little help from you Fodorites). My plan- fly into Milan, train up to Ticino region for 4-5 days(Lugano or Lucarno?) I hope to get some sun and get over my jet lag before hitting the Alps. Suggestions on hotel with best lakeside views? (Approximately $150 double?)Swiss Flexi Pass(???) for Bernina Express to St. Moritz. Hotel suggestion? Glacier Express from St.Moritz to Zermatt. (Hotel?) Swiss Mountain Peaks tour(Murren-Mt. Titlis-Schilthorn). Tops of Switzerland tour (Interlaken-Jungraujuch-Lucerne-Mt. Pilatus). Is this possible? Open to suggestions. Where would you spend the most time? Thanks for your input.
First time itinerary
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 2 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 3 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 4 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 5 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 8 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 9 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 10 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 11 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 12 British drivers
- 13 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 14 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 15 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 16 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 17 A full week in The Netherlands
- 18 Prague Main Train Station
- 19 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 20 Spain Travel
- 21 Venice in Jan
- 22 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 23 Southern France
- 24 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 25 Venice passes....confusing as heck!