My partner Robert(o) and I are travelling to Italy for the first time EVER! I have been silently (my friends, colleagues and family will tell you different) planning this trip for 15 months. We are now 7 weeks out and I am so excited I feel like I am holding my breath.
I had initially planned something quite insane in terms of hotel and place changes (after many versions and some mildly expensive cancellations and re-booked flights.. ah well)….. our pared down itinerary is as follows:
1.10 Arrive Roma in time for dinner (8.30pm) after 22 hour flight from Oz. We plan to eat and sleep or drink and sleep. (Hotel). I will see the Trevi fountain on my first night if it kills me. (It’s not too far from where we are staying).
2.10 Day in Roma to recover (from flight or drinks or both) and find out bearings.
3.10 Midday train to Cortona and spend week (villa small group bit fancy tour)
10.10 Morning train to Firenze (apartment)
17.10 Morning train to Venezia (apartment)
23.10 Morning flight to Palermo, collect rental and drive to Agrigento for night and next morning (Hotel)
24.10 After lunch drive to Taormina (B&B) stay four nights
28.10 Drive to Catania and fly to Roma for one week (apartment)
4.11 Fly home after lunch.
Our weeks are not filled in. We have lists/ research/options. And if, for example, we wanted to spend the night in Siena then we will. I have booked the Uffizi for our first night (Saturday) in Firenze, late night opening.
I do have some questions that I have not been able to answer despite my incessant/obsessive research and reading. Hoping you can help me.
In Australia, Optus offers a $10 per day global roaming unlimited calls and text and 50 MB of data. Has anyone used it? I will call them but just wondered if anyone had used this and if it was sufficient.
I am having problems booking trains and I would like to know the best site to book through.
Rob has attended Italian language classes and I can read many words in Italian but we are both pretty hopeless. Hoping emersion will work. The apps that translate speech and text look fabulous. Has anyone used it?
My birthday is 2 November All Souls Day following All Saints Day and a Monday so is that likely to be a closed day for businesses? It's Ok my husband can cook….but was hoping for something special.... lunch or dinner.
Ciao and Grazie.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 2 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 3 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 4 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 5 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 6 Bursa/Iznik
- 7 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 8 럭스카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노주소ば인터넷카지노주소
- 9 카지노의여신■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노주소ト온라인카지노주소
- 10 강남카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라주소カ인터넷바카라주소
- 11 하나바카라 ■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■슈퍼카지노ぅ슈퍼카지노
- 12 신천지릴게임 ▶홈-피:“kss998.com“◀
- 13 네임드카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노사이트주소セ카지노사이트주소
- 14 운좋은카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노ぉ온라인카지노
- 15 바카라배팅노하우■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■코리아카지노ィ코리아카지노
- 16 호게임주소■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라パ인터넷바카라
- 17 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 18 바카라잘하는방법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노フ인터넷카지노
- 19 바카라그림보는법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노し온라인카지노
- 20 스웨덴카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노주소お온라인카지노주소
- 21 공항바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■슈퍼카지노ン슈퍼카지노
- 22 카지노이기는방법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라ば바카라
- 23 블랙잭하는법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라사이트주소じ바카라사이트주소
- 24 온라인F1카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라추천ヘ바카라추천
- 25 헬로우카지노주소■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■아시안바카라ボ아시안바카라