Am in the process of planning my upcoming trip in July 2009. Though the initial plans were to visit scotland, i suddenly discovered Norway & realised it's nothing like I ve ever visited.
But, being such a unique place, i am realising planning an independent trip might be a huge task here.
Anyway, loads of questions - would appreciate any help.
My tentative itinerary looks like this:
Day 1: Arrive from Paris to Oslo by flight. Night in Oslo.
Planning to stay in Thon Hotel Astoria..any other recommendations. My budget is € 100/ night.
Day 2: Oslo
Day 3: Oslo
(any day trips from Oslo suggestions?)
Day 4: Train to flam, via Myrdal. Night in Flam. Flamsbrygga Hotel Furukroa. Is it advisable?
Day 5: Take the glacier bus to Jostedal Glacier for the walk.
(This is becoming a bit rush - need to take the 6am ferry from Flam to Sogndal. Any other option to do it.)
Day 6: Flam
Day 7: Flam to Bergen, via Myrdal - by train. Night in Bergen. Any b&b reco. will be appreciated.
Day 8: Bergen. Can do i do a boat trip of the Sognefjords as a day trip - from & back to Bergen?
Day 9: Fly from Bergen to Copenhagen.
Please critique my itinerary & suggest what's the best options are.
Also, do I buy a Norway in a Nutshell tour, or buy tickets individually. A NIN ticket is around € 141/ head, while if I buy individual tickets - from oslo to flam & from Flam to Bergen, then I pay around € 108/ head.
Can I add a whale watching tour in this itinerary? If so, from where? I see Lofoten is the place to go to, for whale watching - but where & how do I fit it in, in my itinerary.
I know a lot of questions - but any answer will be deeply appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini