Am in the process of planning my upcoming trip in July 2009. Though the initial plans were to visit scotland, i suddenly discovered Norway & realised it's nothing like I ve ever visited.
But, being such a unique place, i am realising planning an independent trip might be a huge task here.
Anyway, loads of questions - would appreciate any help.
My tentative itinerary looks like this:
Day 1: Arrive from Paris to Oslo by flight. Night in Oslo.
Planning to stay in Thon Hotel Astoria..any other recommendations. My budget is € 100/ night.
Day 2: Oslo
Day 3: Oslo
(any day trips from Oslo suggestions?)
Day 4: Train to flam, via Myrdal. Night in Flam. Flamsbrygga Hotel Furukroa. Is it advisable?
Day 5: Take the glacier bus to Jostedal Glacier for the walk.
(This is becoming a bit rush - need to take the 6am ferry from Flam to Sogndal. Any other option to do it.)
Day 6: Flam
Day 7: Flam to Bergen, via Myrdal - by train. Night in Bergen. Any b&b reco. will be appreciated.
Day 8: Bergen. Can do i do a boat trip of the Sognefjords as a day trip - from & back to Bergen?
Day 9: Fly from Bergen to Copenhagen.
Please critique my itinerary & suggest what's the best options are.
Also, do I buy a Norway in a Nutshell tour, or buy tickets individually. A NIN ticket is around € 141/ head, while if I buy individual tickets - from oslo to flam & from Flam to Bergen, then I pay around € 108/ head.
Can I add a whale watching tour in this itinerary? If so, from where? I see Lofoten is the place to go to, for whale watching - but where & how do I fit it in, in my itinerary.
I know a lot of questions - but any answer will be deeply appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tech SUPP0RT CARE *
- 2 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 5 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 6 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 7 Now to Madrid
- 8 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 9 3 days solo in London
- 10 Chania
- 11 Edinbrugh
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 14 Hotels in Turin
- 15 Help on ancient history route
- 16 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 17 Studying art in English in venice
- 18 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 19 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 20 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 21 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 22 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 25 Day hikes in Switzerland