I'm new on this forum, my name is Annalisa, 25yo, I'm from Turin, Italy.
After founding a great offer on Ryanair's website, I booked a flight from Turin to London (2-8 dec 2017).
I'd like to have some info about London in that time of the year. It's cold? It's rainy?
We're used to travel in winter time, on jan 2016 we went in Paris for a week, and on dec2016/jan 2017 we spent two weeks in NYC. In Turin usually the weather is cold (0-5°C) and rainy, so I think we'll survive .
I know that this isn't the best time for the first visit in London, but I'm a big fan of Christmastime and I love to see the most beautiful cities of the world all lighted up for the holidays.
There it is some details about our trip:
We'll arrive in London Stansted at 11.15am on dec 2, we booked a private room on AirBnb located in Westminster Bridge Road, and the Stansted Express tickets.
The return flight is dec 8, at 6.50am, for saving some money we'll spend the last night in the airport, so the last "full day" of our trip will be dec 7.
I'm also a Potterhead, so I already booked the WBStudio Tour for tuesday, 5/12.
So we have 4 full days and 2 half-days available to visit the city... do you think it's enough?
Things we'd like to see: Westminster Area, Covent Garden, Camden Town, King's Cross area, Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace&the park, Kensington Garden&Palace, Oxford/Regent St., Ladenhall Marked, SkyGarden, Tower Bridge, City Hall, HMS Belfast, London Bridge, Borough Market...
We'll visit only this museum: Natural History Museum, Imperial War Museum, The National Gallery, The British Museum (this one, only if we'll have time).
Do you think it's workable?
I'd be happy to receive all your best advices, to organise at the best my trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 2 PARIS
- 3 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 4 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 5 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 6 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 7 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 8 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 9 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 13 November in Rome
- 14 Germany or Sweden
- 15 Alitala
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 18 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 21 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 22 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 23 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 24 London vacation rental agency
- 25 Sicily help