We are planning our very first trip to Italy, and hoping to visit Rome, Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast. We will be there at the tail end of August through the first week of September. Tentative Itinerary:
Arrive in Rome, then straight to Amalfi Coast (3 days). Then Tuscany (3 days) then Rome (3 days) then return home.
- should we drive or train? We would've just landed in Rome, so I'm not sure if it's over ambitious to want to drive on the roads of Italy with the jet lag, but I hear it's beautiful!
- should we stay in Positano or Naples
- is it worth going to Capri for a day
- really want to explore the countryside of Italy and either bike or drive in the area, planning to make Siena our base, good idea?
- which areas are best for recreational biking?
- any suggestions for cooking lessons for a day (not too expensive)
- plan to visit: Siena, Florence, San Gamignano, and Cortona
- any hotel suggestions?
Thank you in advance for all your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Shopping in Paris
- 4 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 5 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 6 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 7 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 8 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 9 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 10 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 11 December in Deutschland
- 12 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 13 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 14 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 15 cash or plastic in Greece
- 16 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 17 Rome and Venice in December
- 18 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 19 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 20 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 21 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 22 planning confusion
- 23 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 24 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 25 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?