We are planning our very first trip to Italy, and hoping to visit Rome, Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast. We will be there at the tail end of August through the first week of September. Tentative Itinerary:
Arrive in Rome, then straight to Amalfi Coast (3 days). Then Tuscany (3 days) then Rome (3 days) then return home.
- should we drive or train? We would've just landed in Rome, so I'm not sure if it's over ambitious to want to drive on the roads of Italy with the jet lag, but I hear it's beautiful!
- should we stay in Positano or Naples
- is it worth going to Capri for a day
- really want to explore the countryside of Italy and either bike or drive in the area, planning to make Siena our base, good idea?
- which areas are best for recreational biking?
- any suggestions for cooking lessons for a day (not too expensive)
- plan to visit: Siena, Florence, San Gamignano, and Cortona
- any hotel suggestions?
Thank you in advance for all your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Watch "The Emoji Movie" 2017 Online hd-free full download#
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 Watch Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 2017 Online hd-free
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Europe itinerary help!
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 11 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 14 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 15 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 16 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 17 Best Greek Island
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 21 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 22 Corsica and Sardinia
- 23 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 24 Regarding Residence Permit
- 25 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION