We are planning our very first trip to Italy, and hoping to visit Rome, Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast. We will be there at the tail end of August through the first week of September. Tentative Itinerary:
Arrive in Rome, then straight to Amalfi Coast (3 days). Then Tuscany (3 days) then Rome (3 days) then return home.
- should we drive or train? We would've just landed in Rome, so I'm not sure if it's over ambitious to want to drive on the roads of Italy with the jet lag, but I hear it's beautiful!
- should we stay in Positano or Naples
- is it worth going to Capri for a day
- really want to explore the countryside of Italy and either bike or drive in the area, planning to make Siena our base, good idea?
- which areas are best for recreational biking?
- any suggestions for cooking lessons for a day (not too expensive)
- plan to visit: Siena, Florence, San Gamignano, and Cortona
- any hotel suggestions?
Thank you in advance for all your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 2 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 5 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 6 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 7 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 8 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 9 want to use Iphone in UK and Italy
- 10 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 11 European Championship
- 12 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 13 Sardinia Italian's paradise
- 14 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 15 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 16 Italy by car
- 17 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 18 Corsica- Propriano or Porto Vecchio
- 19 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 20 12 days in Austria
- 21 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 22 Train questions for Switzerland
- 23 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 24 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 25 One in Paris ... help