We are planning our very first trip to Italy, and hoping to visit Rome, Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast. We will be there at the tail end of August through the first week of September. Tentative Itinerary:
Arrive in Rome, then straight to Amalfi Coast (3 days). Then Tuscany (3 days) then Rome (3 days) then return home.
- should we drive or train? We would've just landed in Rome, so I'm not sure if it's over ambitious to want to drive on the roads of Italy with the jet lag, but I hear it's beautiful!
- should we stay in Positano or Naples
- is it worth going to Capri for a day
- really want to explore the countryside of Italy and either bike or drive in the area, planning to make Siena our base, good idea?
- which areas are best for recreational biking?
- any suggestions for cooking lessons for a day (not too expensive)
- plan to visit: Siena, Florence, San Gamignano, and Cortona
- any hotel suggestions?
Thank you in advance for all your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip Report
- 2 One day in milan
- 3 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 4 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 5 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 6 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 7 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 8 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 9 Transportation Question Italy
- 10 London Restaurants
- 11 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 12 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
- 13 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 14 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 15 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 16 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 17 Virgin Trains East Coast Punctuality
- 18 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 19 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 20 Charming areas to explore in London
- 21 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 23 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 24 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges