My husband and I are looking to go to Italy next year for our one year anniversary. We were planning on going around Thanksgiving, because we both get a few extra days off around then, that would help with extending our trip. We are planning, thus far, to leave on Saturday morning (before Thanksgiving)--expected landing around early Sunday morning, and stay until the following Thursday (after Thanksgiving)--at the earliest, Saturday at the latest. Meaning we should have approximately 10.5 days minimum, 12.5 days maximum of actual in Italy time (this does not count the travel days and time).
We were wondering if any of you could help us with a general idea of what cities to visit, and how many days to spend in those cities? (And possibly any tips or places to definitely check out would be greatly appreciated!).
We were considering Venice, Florence, Rome, and/or Naples/Pompeii (but we are open to suggestions on other cities as well). We love museums and sight seeing and history and are eager to try some great food and espresso We know we can't visit all of those areas in one trip, so we were wondering which ones we should definitely see, being our first time in Italy, and which ones we should focus more time on.
Any help is much appreciated!!
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Önline COMCAST Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :6830
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 TIM in FCO - update
- 5 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 6 Train / Calabria
- 7 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 8 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 9 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 10 Itinery help Crete
- 11 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 12 Lisbon - a few tips
- 13 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 14 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 15 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 16 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 17 Avoid Europcar!
- 18 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 19 Scotland - We're Here!
- 20 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 21 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 22 European Vacation 2017
- 23 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 24 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 25 Need help in completing trip details