My husband and I are looking to go to Italy next year for our one year anniversary. We were planning on going around Thanksgiving, because we both get a few extra days off around then, that would help with extending our trip. We are planning, thus far, to leave on Saturday morning (before Thanksgiving)--expected landing around early Sunday morning, and stay until the following Thursday (after Thanksgiving)--at the earliest, Saturday at the latest. Meaning we should have approximately 10.5 days minimum, 12.5 days maximum of actual in Italy time (this does not count the travel days and time).
We were wondering if any of you could help us with a general idea of what cities to visit, and how many days to spend in those cities? (And possibly any tips or places to definitely check out would be greatly appreciated!).
We were considering Venice, Florence, Rome, and/or Naples/Pompeii (but we are open to suggestions on other cities as well). We love museums and sight seeing and history and are eager to try some great food and espresso We know we can't visit all of those areas in one trip, so we were wondering which ones we should definitely see, being our first time in Italy, and which ones we should focus more time on.
Any help is much appreciated!!
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Apartment Montreux area
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 9 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 Berlin
- 12 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 13 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 17 Lille Braderie 2017
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 24 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 25 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?