My husband and I are looking to go to Italy next year for our one year anniversary. We were planning on going around Thanksgiving, because we both get a few extra days off around then, that would help with extending our trip. We are planning, thus far, to leave on Saturday morning (before Thanksgiving)--expected landing around early Sunday morning, and stay until the following Thursday (after Thanksgiving)--at the earliest, Saturday at the latest. Meaning we should have approximately 10.5 days minimum, 12.5 days maximum of actual in Italy time (this does not count the travel days and time).
We were wondering if any of you could help us with a general idea of what cities to visit, and how many days to spend in those cities? (And possibly any tips or places to definitely check out would be greatly appreciated!).
We were considering Venice, Florence, Rome, and/or Naples/Pompeii (but we are open to suggestions on other cities as well). We love museums and sight seeing and history and are eager to try some great food and espresso We know we can't visit all of those areas in one trip, so we were wondering which ones we should definitely see, being our first time in Italy, and which ones we should focus more time on.
Any help is much appreciated!!
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaune France
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 advance tickets?
- 4 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 9 A week in Paris
- 10 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 14 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 17 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 25 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?