I am in the middle of planning our trip to Italy and am somewhat overwhelmed by the many things to see and do. We will be comming from the Lake Constance area in Germany on the 4th of June plan on driving down through St Gallen, Lichtenstein to the Lake Como Area where we are thinking of staying for a few nights. From there it gets confusing as we would like to see Cinque Terre, Tuscany and Venice before driving back to Munich on June 17. Is this enough time to do all that I have mentioned? Any timelines, routes and suggestions would be much appreciated. Also we are flexible with the car vs train out of Germany and could fly out of Venice. We love small simple accommodation and are wondering if we should prebook all our hotels or if we can find once we arrive? Thanks for any advice!
First time in Italy 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 2 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 5 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 6 2 weeks in Europe
- 7 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 8 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 9 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 10 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 11 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 12 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 13 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 14 Madrid and London
- 15 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 16 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 17 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 18 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 19 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 21 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 22 Matisse at Tate
- 23 Ireland Southwest
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...