I am in the middle of planning our trip to Italy and am somewhat overwhelmed by the many things to see and do. We will be comming from the Lake Constance area in Germany on the 4th of June plan on driving down through St Gallen, Lichtenstein to the Lake Como Area where we are thinking of staying for a few nights. From there it gets confusing as we would like to see Cinque Terre, Tuscany and Venice before driving back to Munich on June 17. Is this enough time to do all that I have mentioned? Any timelines, routes and suggestions would be much appreciated. Also we are flexible with the car vs train out of Germany and could fly out of Venice. We love small simple accommodation and are wondering if we should prebook all our hotels or if we can find once we arrive? Thanks for any advice!
First time in Italy 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 2 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 3 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 4 Foie gras, redux
- 5 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 6 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 7 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 8 Train to Airport in Venice
- 9 Golfing in Ireland
- 10 Day trips from Seville
- 11 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 12 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 13 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 14 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 15 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 16 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 17 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 21 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Airport to Piraeus
- 24 Trieste and Koper
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace