Sydney-sider from Australia here. I'm going to Lublin, Poland end of Feb for a 6-week volunteer program followed by some solo travel through Europe. Not a luxurious trip, happy to stay in hostels and travel on a budget but nothing extremely tight. I'm looking into one way ticket out of Sydney so can head home from wherever and would really appreciate any travel advice about anything and everything! Some info about my trip ideas below:
While in Poland - 6 weekends, 3 or 4 of which I would like to spend in Lublin, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Krakow. The other two weekends I was thinking of a close weekend trip to another country. Not too sure how feasible this is?
After Poland - 6-7 weeks of travelling. Any advice for plane/rail would be great (e.g. what Eurail pass would be best, when airline carriers are better than rail for which ever countries and vice versa, what routes to take, ideal time in each place)!
Primary countries/cities I definitely want to visit: Romania (Cluj & Bucharest), Hungary (Budapest), Czech Republic (Prague), Germany (Berlin & Munich), UK (London).
Secondary countries/cities given time and money is available: Austria (Vienna), Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands.
Looking forward to hearing some responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 2 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 7 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 8 hill of crosses
- 9 Planning A trip
- 10 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 11 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 12 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 13 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 20 Italy June 6-16
- 21 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 22 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 23 Austria Trip Report
- 24 Driving through Paris
- 25 Northern Ireland ideas