Sydney-sider from Australia here. I'm going to Lublin, Poland end of Feb for a 6-week volunteer program followed by some solo travel through Europe. Not a luxurious trip, happy to stay in hostels and travel on a budget but nothing extremely tight. I'm looking into one way ticket out of Sydney so can head home from wherever and would really appreciate any travel advice about anything and everything! Some info about my trip ideas below:
While in Poland - 6 weekends, 3 or 4 of which I would like to spend in Lublin, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Krakow. The other two weekends I was thinking of a close weekend trip to another country. Not too sure how feasible this is?
After Poland - 6-7 weeks of travelling. Any advice for plane/rail would be great (e.g. what Eurail pass would be best, when airline carriers are better than rail for which ever countries and vice versa, what routes to take, ideal time in each place)!
Primary countries/cities I definitely want to visit: Romania (Cluj & Bucharest), Hungary (Budapest), Czech Republic (Prague), Germany (Berlin & Munich), UK (London).
Secondary countries/cities given time and money is available: Austria (Vienna), Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands.
Looking forward to hearing some responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 26 days in Italy
- 2 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 3 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 4 Family holidays in Italy
- 5 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 6 http://www.crevalorsite.com/xplosive-vital-reviews/
- 7 5 Days in Dublin
- 8 Capri, Pompeii, Amalfi in 3 days with Naples as base...
- 9 How to Work Mastique Age-Defying ?
- 10 Trimplex Elite Makes You Young Looking and slim Once again!
- 11 tablet
- 12 Scooter hire in Sorrento/Amalfi...
- 13 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 14 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 15 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 16 Barcelona completely overrated
- 17 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 18 Prague old town
- 19 Rome Airport Question!
- 20 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 21 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 22 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 23 Car rental between countries
- 24 Holland Itinerary
- 25 Train Ticket Help