Sydney-sider from Australia here. I'm going to Lublin, Poland end of Feb for a 6-week volunteer program followed by some solo travel through Europe. Not a luxurious trip, happy to stay in hostels and travel on a budget but nothing extremely tight. I'm looking into one way ticket out of Sydney so can head home from wherever and would really appreciate any travel advice about anything and everything! Some info about my trip ideas below:
While in Poland - 6 weekends, 3 or 4 of which I would like to spend in Lublin, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Krakow. The other two weekends I was thinking of a close weekend trip to another country. Not too sure how feasible this is?
After Poland - 6-7 weeks of travelling. Any advice for plane/rail would be great (e.g. what Eurail pass would be best, when airline carriers are better than rail for which ever countries and vice versa, what routes to take, ideal time in each place)!
Primary countries/cities I definitely want to visit: Romania (Cluj & Bucharest), Hungary (Budapest), Czech Republic (Prague), Germany (Berlin & Munich), UK (London).
Secondary countries/cities given time and money is available: Austria (Vienna), Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands.
Looking forward to hearing some responses!
First time in Europe - any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
- 3 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 4 Favorite things to do in London
- 5 Interested In Coach Passes
- 6 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 7 3 days in Bordeaux
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 10 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 11 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 12 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 13 4 days in lake region
- 14 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 15 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 16 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 17 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 18 7 countries in a month
- 19 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 20 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 21 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 22 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 23 Tipping in the UK
- 24 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 25 Traffic Violation from Italy