Sydney-sider from Australia here. I'm going to Lublin, Poland end of Feb for a 6-week volunteer program followed by some solo travel through Europe. Not a luxurious trip, happy to stay in hostels and travel on a budget but nothing extremely tight. I'm looking into one way ticket out of Sydney so can head home from wherever and would really appreciate any travel advice about anything and everything! Some info about my trip ideas below:
While in Poland - 6 weekends, 3 or 4 of which I would like to spend in Lublin, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Krakow. The other two weekends I was thinking of a close weekend trip to another country. Not too sure how feasible this is?
After Poland - 6-7 weeks of travelling. Any advice for plane/rail would be great (e.g. what Eurail pass would be best, when airline carriers are better than rail for which ever countries and vice versa, what routes to take, ideal time in each place)!
Primary countries/cities I definitely want to visit: Romania (Cluj & Bucharest), Hungary (Budapest), Czech Republic (Prague), Germany (Berlin & Munich), UK (London).
Secondary countries/cities given time and money is available: Austria (Vienna), Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands.
Looking forward to hearing some responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 4 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 5 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 14 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 15 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 16 vienna
- 17 Questions about Polish sights
- 18 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 19 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 20 Bernina Express mid-March
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 Italy
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Railpass or point-to-point tickets