Sydney-sider from Australia here. I'm going to Lublin, Poland end of Feb for a 6-week volunteer program followed by some solo travel through Europe. Not a luxurious trip, happy to stay in hostels and travel on a budget but nothing extremely tight. I'm looking into one way ticket out of Sydney so can head home from wherever and would really appreciate any travel advice about anything and everything! Some info about my trip ideas below:
While in Poland - 6 weekends, 3 or 4 of which I would like to spend in Lublin, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Krakow. The other two weekends I was thinking of a close weekend trip to another country. Not too sure how feasible this is?
After Poland - 6-7 weeks of travelling. Any advice for plane/rail would be great (e.g. what Eurail pass would be best, when airline carriers are better than rail for which ever countries and vice versa, what routes to take, ideal time in each place)!
Primary countries/cities I definitely want to visit: Romania (Cluj & Bucharest), Hungary (Budapest), Czech Republic (Prague), Germany (Berlin & Munich), UK (London).
Secondary countries/cities given time and money is available: Austria (Vienna), Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands.
Looking forward to hearing some responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 used it and persona’s experiences on this
- 2 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 3 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 4 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 5 Gstaad, trip for 2 days
- 6 Spain for 10 nights
- 7 Signature Saint Germaine or La TourviLe
- 8 When neurotic people plan vacations
- 9 Best location for hotel in Milan for 2 nights
- 10 Advice about Naples?
- 11 Alsace Accommodations
- 12 tipping
- 13 Man U Scrimmage Games Late July/EarlyAugust?
- 14 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 15 Iternary Help - London + ? without car
- 16 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 17 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 18 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 19 itinerary Help? 2 weeks in Scandinavia
- 20 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 21 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 22 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 23 Tips question
- 24 Still another Provence Provence advice request
- 25 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain