I'm planning a trip to Ireland for the first time in April for roughly a month. Its primarily going to be for golfing, but I don't want to spend a lot of money. So my rough plan is to stay in hostels and go from place to place to golf. I've read that the southwest has the most prestigious courses but also by far the most expensive. I'm a guy that would prefer a course similar without the bragging rights and 1/3 of the cost. So I heard the North and Northwest golfing is a good place to go. My question is, would traveling through hostels, renting a car and setting tee times by myself be worth while comparing to spending a lot more money to plan through a Golf Travel company and stay in hotels. I'm not looking to spend more than 3-4k for the month on everything there everything included if that's possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 House Hunting in France
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 4 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 5 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 8 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 11 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Itinerary Tweaking
- 18 Itinerary Help
- 19 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 20 Hotel in Vienna
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 25 Road Trip From Frankfurt