I am travelling for the first time to Germany and will be reaching Frankfurt at 6:35pm from Doha by Qatar Airways. From the Frankfurt Airport website, I presume that the arrival will be in Terminal 1B.
My next flight to Dresden is at 9:15pm by Lufthansa CityLine which is generally from Terminal 1 Gate A. Layover is therefore 2hrs 40 mins. I have different flight tickets for both the legs.
As it is my first Schengen visit I am in a lot of confusion after going through similar threads - immigration/customs/schengen/non-schengen/huge Frankfurt airport etc.
Would like experienced travellers to help plan the transfer in such a way that I don't miss the Dresden flight. First part of the transfer would be reclaiming checked-in baggage from the carousel at Level 1. Next part would be getting the boarding pass for the Dresden flight. Where do I get it? Do I have to proceed to the Lufthansa check-in counter at Level 2? How far is it? How long will it take for a lady towing a checked-in baggage of around 20 kgs to get to it? Where do customs/ immigration come in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Iceland for Nine Days
- 3 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 4 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 5 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 12 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 15 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 16 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 17 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 20 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 21 3 day trip to iceland
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 24 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more