I am travelling for the first time to Germany and will be reaching Frankfurt at 6:35pm from Doha by Qatar Airways. From the Frankfurt Airport website, I presume that the arrival will be in Terminal 1B.
My next flight to Dresden is at 9:15pm by Lufthansa CityLine which is generally from Terminal 1 Gate A. Layover is therefore 2hrs 40 mins. I have different flight tickets for both the legs.
As it is my first Schengen visit I am in a lot of confusion after going through similar threads - immigration/customs/schengen/non-schengen/huge Frankfurt airport etc.
Would like experienced travellers to help plan the transfer in such a way that I don't miss the Dresden flight. First part of the transfer would be reclaiming checked-in baggage from the carousel at Level 1. Next part would be getting the boarding pass for the Dresden flight. Where do I get it? Do I have to proceed to the Lufthansa check-in counter at Level 2? How far is it? How long will it take for a lady towing a checked-in baggage of around 20 kgs to get to it? Where do customs/ immigration come in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 2 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 3 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 4 Kayaking in Avignon
- 5 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 6 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 7 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 8 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 9 4 days in Provence in early June
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 Cordoba Overnight?
- 14 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 15 Sintra
- 16 France Itinerary Advice
- 17 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 18 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 23 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 24 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 25 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?