I am travelling for the first time to Germany and will be reaching Frankfurt at 6:35pm from Doha by Qatar Airways. From the Frankfurt Airport website, I presume that the arrival will be in Terminal 1B.
My next flight to Dresden is at 9:15pm by Lufthansa CityLine which is generally from Terminal 1 Gate A. Layover is therefore 2hrs 40 mins. I have different flight tickets for both the legs.
As it is my first Schengen visit I am in a lot of confusion after going through similar threads - immigration/customs/schengen/non-schengen/huge Frankfurt airport etc.
Would like experienced travellers to help plan the transfer in such a way that I don't miss the Dresden flight. First part of the transfer would be reclaiming checked-in baggage from the carousel at Level 1. Next part would be getting the boarding pass for the Dresden flight. Where do I get it? Do I have to proceed to the Lufthansa check-in counter at Level 2? How far is it? How long will it take for a lady towing a checked-in baggage of around 20 kgs to get to it? Where do customs/ immigration come in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 3 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 4 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 5 Hotel in Vienna
- 6 Places of interest
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 9 Switzerland in November?
- 10 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 11 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 14 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 15 A Month stay in Southern France
- 16 vienna
- 17 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 18 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 19 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 20 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 21 Ireland travel passport question
- 22 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 23 Oxford England Accommodations
- 24 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 25 Croatia transportation question.