I am travelling for the first time to Germany and will be reaching Frankfurt at 6:35pm from Doha by Qatar Airways. From the Frankfurt Airport website, I presume that the arrival will be in Terminal 1B.
My next flight to Dresden is at 9:15pm by Lufthansa CityLine which is generally from Terminal 1 Gate A. Layover is therefore 2hrs 40 mins. I have different flight tickets for both the legs.
As it is my first Schengen visit I am in a lot of confusion after going through similar threads - immigration/customs/schengen/non-schengen/huge Frankfurt airport etc.
Would like experienced travellers to help plan the transfer in such a way that I don't miss the Dresden flight. First part of the transfer would be reclaiming checked-in baggage from the carousel at Level 1. Next part would be getting the boarding pass for the Dresden flight. Where do I get it? Do I have to proceed to the Lufthansa check-in counter at Level 2? How far is it? How long will it take for a lady towing a checked-in baggage of around 20 kgs to get to it? Where do customs/ immigration come in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Zurich
- 2 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 3 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 4 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 5 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 6 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 7 Paris to Bordeaux
- 8 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 9 Iceland 3 day layover
- 10 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 11 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 12 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 13 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 14 Train travel
- 15 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 16 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 17 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 18 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 19 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 20 DVD burning software
- 21 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 22 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 23 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 24 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 25 WWI Battlefields