I am travelling for the first time to Germany and will be reaching Frankfurt at 6:35pm from Doha by Qatar Airways. From the Frankfurt Airport website, I presume that the arrival will be in Terminal 1B.
My next flight to Dresden is at 9:15pm by Lufthansa CityLine which is generally from Terminal 1 Gate A. Layover is therefore 2hrs 40 mins. I have different flight tickets for both the legs.
As it is my first Schengen visit I am in a lot of confusion after going through similar threads - immigration/customs/schengen/non-schengen/huge Frankfurt airport etc.
Would like experienced travellers to help plan the transfer in such a way that I don't miss the Dresden flight. First part of the transfer would be reclaiming checked-in baggage from the carousel at Level 1. Next part would be getting the boarding pass for the Dresden flight. Where do I get it? Do I have to proceed to the Lufthansa check-in counter at Level 2? How far is it? How long will it take for a lady towing a checked-in baggage of around 20 kgs to get to it? Where do customs/ immigration come in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 2 Athens
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 5 Petrol in Greece
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 8 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Meteora for older folk
- 11 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 14 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 15 Train help for Prague
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Budapest & Prague
- 18 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 19 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 20 Paris day trips August
- 21 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 22 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 23 Acorn TV
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years