Looking for any and all advice. We are taking our two kids (10 and 12) to Europe this summer for 4 weeks. I will be alone with the kids for the first two weeks and my husband will join us for the last two. This is the first trip outside of the country for both kids.. We're thinking of making an itinerary that hits two or three major cities as home base (Maybe London and Paris?) and do day or overnight trips kind of hub and spoke. For first timers, do you have any recommendations on best cities and best accomodations (assuming we'd stay in each for over a week)? We're super excited about this, but also a little intimidated trying to figure out an itinerary with so many options out there. Also, we had one friend absolutely swear by using an apartment-by-owner rental type of deal. But we had another who was equally adamant that it's not a good idea in Europe. Any thoughts there?
First Time Family Trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three days in Spain
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 Useful website for France
- 4 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 5 Monet in Normandy
- 6 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 7 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 8 London visit
- 9 Italian cooking classes
- 10 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 11 Amalfi coast in 4 days starting today, plz advise.
- 12 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 13 Small group for Colosseum
- 14 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 15 best time to book accommodation
- 16 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 17 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 18 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 19 SIM card for eastern europe
- 20 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 21 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 22 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 23 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 24 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 25 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?