Looking for any and all advice. We are taking our two kids (10 and 12) to Europe this summer for 4 weeks. I will be alone with the kids for the first two weeks and my husband will join us for the last two. This is the first trip outside of the country for both kids.. We're thinking of making an itinerary that hits two or three major cities as home base (Maybe London and Paris?) and do day or overnight trips kind of hub and spoke. For first timers, do you have any recommendations on best cities and best accomodations (assuming we'd stay in each for over a week)? We're super excited about this, but also a little intimidated trying to figure out an itinerary with so many options out there. Also, we had one friend absolutely swear by using an apartment-by-owner rental type of deal. But we had another who was equally adamant that it's not a good idea in Europe. Any thoughts there?
First Time Family Trip to Europe
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 3 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 4 15 days in Europe,
- 5 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Gogartys, Dublin
- 8 Can romans help me?
- 9 Spain - Andalucia
- 10 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 11 Europe with young teens
- 12 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 13 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 14 Planning a holiday
- 15 Sicily 10 days
- 16 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 17 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 18 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 21 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 22 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 25 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?