Looking for any and all advice. We are taking our two kids (10 and 12) to Europe this summer for 4 weeks. I will be alone with the kids for the first two weeks and my husband will join us for the last two. This is the first trip outside of the country for both kids.. We're thinking of making an itinerary that hits two or three major cities as home base (Maybe London and Paris?) and do day or overnight trips kind of hub and spoke. For first timers, do you have any recommendations on best cities and best accomodations (assuming we'd stay in each for over a week)? We're super excited about this, but also a little intimidated trying to figure out an itinerary with so many options out there. Also, we had one friend absolutely swear by using an apartment-by-owner rental type of deal. But we had another who was equally adamant that it's not a good idea in Europe. Any thoughts there?
First Time Family Trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions for my German friends
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 4 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 5 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 6 Chip but no PIN
- 7 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 8 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 9 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 10 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 11 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 14 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Unique Venice Activity
- 17 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 18 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 19 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 20 car rental advice in Portugal
- 21 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 24 Small group for Colosseum
- 25 Lofoten ferry