Looking for any and all advice. We are taking our two kids (10 and 12) to Europe this summer for 4 weeks. I will be alone with the kids for the first two weeks and my husband will join us for the last two. This is the first trip outside of the country for both kids.. We're thinking of making an itinerary that hits two or three major cities as home base (Maybe London and Paris?) and do day or overnight trips kind of hub and spoke. For first timers, do you have any recommendations on best cities and best accomodations (assuming we'd stay in each for over a week)? We're super excited about this, but also a little intimidated trying to figure out an itinerary with so many options out there. Also, we had one friend absolutely swear by using an apartment-by-owner rental type of deal. But we had another who was equally adamant that it's not a good idea in Europe. Any thoughts there?
First Time Family Trip to Europe
- 1 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 2 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 3 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 4 RHK's heading to Europe
- 5 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 6 France in 7 days
- 7 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 8 Car rental
- 9 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 10 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 11 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 12 Istanbul in April
- 13 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 14 Day trip to Capri
- 15 Cera 23 in Barcelona
- 16 Driving around Amalfi on first visit...
- 17 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 18 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 19 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 20 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 21 Ennis or Shannon for last night before flying out of Shannon Airport?
- 22 Tour-Free Travel
- 23 Parking in Reykjavik
- 24 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 25 8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!