Looking for any and all advice. We are taking our two kids (10 and 12) to Europe this summer for 4 weeks. I will be alone with the kids for the first two weeks and my husband will join us for the last two. This is the first trip outside of the country for both kids.. We're thinking of making an itinerary that hits two or three major cities as home base (Maybe London and Paris?) and do day or overnight trips kind of hub and spoke. For first timers, do you have any recommendations on best cities and best accomodations (assuming we'd stay in each for over a week)? We're super excited about this, but also a little intimidated trying to figure out an itinerary with so many options out there. Also, we had one friend absolutely swear by using an apartment-by-owner rental type of deal. But we had another who was equally adamant that it's not a good idea in Europe. Any thoughts there?
First Time Family Trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 2 Transportation in Paris
- 3 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 4 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 5 2 for 1 tickets
- 6 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 7 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 8 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 9 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 10 Split to Venice. Help!
- 11 Andaz Liverpool street or Hyde park?
- 12 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 13 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 14 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 15 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 16 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 17 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 18 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 19 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 20 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 21 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 22 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 23 Monet's Giverny
- 24 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 25 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.