Looking for any and all advice. We are taking our two kids (10 and 12) to Europe this summer for 4 weeks. I will be alone with the kids for the first two weeks and my husband will join us for the last two. This is the first trip outside of the country for both kids.. We're thinking of making an itinerary that hits two or three major cities as home base (Maybe London and Paris?) and do day or overnight trips kind of hub and spoke. For first timers, do you have any recommendations on best cities and best accomodations (assuming we'd stay in each for over a week)? We're super excited about this, but also a little intimidated trying to figure out an itinerary with so many options out there. Also, we had one friend absolutely swear by using an apartment-by-owner rental type of deal. But we had another who was equally adamant that it's not a good idea in Europe. Any thoughts there?
First Time Family Trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 American Express
- 4 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 7 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 8 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 11 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 12 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 13 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 14 Story of the German Christmas star
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 Airport ATMs
- 17 All Set To Go!!
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 21 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 22 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 23 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 24 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe