Looking for any and all advice. We are taking our two kids (10 and 12) to Europe this summer for 4 weeks. I will be alone with the kids for the first two weeks and my husband will join us for the last two. This is the first trip outside of the country for both kids.. We're thinking of making an itinerary that hits two or three major cities as home base (Maybe London and Paris?) and do day or overnight trips kind of hub and spoke. For first timers, do you have any recommendations on best cities and best accomodations (assuming we'd stay in each for over a week)? We're super excited about this, but also a little intimidated trying to figure out an itinerary with so many options out there. Also, we had one friend absolutely swear by using an apartment-by-owner rental type of deal. But we had another who was equally adamant that it's not a good idea in Europe. Any thoughts there?
First Time Family Trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 2 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Barcelona and San Sebastian
- 4 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 5 UK passport renewal from O'seas.
- 6 Travel in Ireland in July 2015
- 7 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 8 Two Twentysomethings in Central Europe ITINERARY
- 9 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 10 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 11 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 12 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 13 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 14 Arctic Circle in December
- 15 Catalonia
- 16 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 17 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 18 Macarons!
- 19 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 20 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 21 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 22 Sammezzano update
- 23 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 24 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 25 ideas for Portugal please