Looking for any and all advice. We are taking our two kids (10 and 12) to Europe this summer for 4 weeks. I will be alone with the kids for the first two weeks and my husband will join us for the last two. This is the first trip outside of the country for both kids.. We're thinking of making an itinerary that hits two or three major cities as home base (Maybe London and Paris?) and do day or overnight trips kind of hub and spoke. For first timers, do you have any recommendations on best cities and best accomodations (assuming we'd stay in each for over a week)? We're super excited about this, but also a little intimidated trying to figure out an itinerary with so many options out there. Also, we had one friend absolutely swear by using an apartment-by-owner rental type of deal. But we had another who was equally adamant that it's not a good idea in Europe. Any thoughts there?
First Time Family Trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 2 splitting time between Barcelona and Seville for Semana Santa
- 3 Suggestions needed for time in Florence
- 4 Noordam transatlantic
- 5 Outdoor Adventures in Sicily in late July/early August?
- 6 Need some initial thoughts on itinerary - Dresden, Potsdam, Berlin
- 7 Solo train travel in Germany
- 8 Pompeii train to Naples
- 9 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 10 greece hotels
- 11 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 12 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 13 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 14 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 15 Cosmos Tour - 9 days Prague, Vienna & Budapest
- 16 Has anyone visited Marburg, Germany?
- 17 Short Corsica trip in/out of Ajaccio - itinerary musts?
- 18 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 19 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 20 Train Routing
- 21 In Sevilla now, charged for silverware and olives at resto
- 22 Please help me with the itinerary !!
- 23 Day trips from Sorrento
- 24 Train From Paris to Beaune
- 25 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?