I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 3 Dolomites October 14-18
- 4 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 5 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 6 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 7 Charles Degaulle question
- 8 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 9 Norway Itinerary
- 10 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 11 Pompeii luggage storage
- 12 Departure Tax in UK
- 13 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 14 FCO connection time
- 15 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 16 Train Help
- 17 First time in Italy
- 18 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 19 Train rides
- 20 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 21 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 22 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 23 One week in & near Marseille
- 24 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 25 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!