I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!
- 1 Novels set in Greece
- 2 TGV and Provence questions
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Greek islands from Turkey
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 11 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 12 More help with housing in Puglia
- 13 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 20 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 21 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 22 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 23 Italian Lakes gardens
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip