I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 2 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 3 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 4 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 5 Tuscany Trip
- 6 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 7 12-14 nights enough ?
- 8 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 9 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 10 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 11 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 12 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 13 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 14 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 15 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 16 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 17 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 18 Need help with my itinerary
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 21 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Killarney
- 24 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 25 5 days northern spain, help us !
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!