I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber vs. TfL
- 2 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 3 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 4 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 5 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Europe First Timers
- 8 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 Athens Help
- 11 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 12 Berlin -clubs
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 16 base in brussels
- 17 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 18 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 19 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 20 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 21 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 22 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!