I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WWI sites
- 2 Christmas in Spain
- 3 Germany-Car or Train
- 4 Brussels flower tapestry
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 Lake Como,Italy
- 8 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 Visiting Zurich
- 15 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 16 Places to visit from Zurich
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 19 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 22 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 23 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 24 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 25 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!