I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 2 Train help for Prague
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 5 Germany train help!
- 6 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 7 Versailles
- 8 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 9 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 15 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 16 Where to enjoy Paris
- 17 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 18 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 19 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 20 Meteora for older folk
- 21 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 22 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 23 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 24 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 25 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!