I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!
- 1 London Evening Activity
- 2 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 3 rand versus euro
- 4 Germany and Italy
- 5 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 6 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 7 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 8 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 9 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 10 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 11 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 12 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 13 First time to paris...4day stay..what to do?
- 14 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 15 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 16 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 17 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 18 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 19 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 20 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 21 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 22 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 23 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 24 Changing of the Guard
- 25 Which tour company would be best?