I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 2 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 3 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 4 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 5 Madrid city centre?
- 6 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 7 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 8 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 9 train from ravenna to parma
- 10 counselling in West London
- 11 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 12 France to stop making foie grois
- 13 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 14 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 15 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 16 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 17 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 18 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 19 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 20 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 21 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 22 Stonehenge and Bath
- 23 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 24 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 25 Day Trip from Lausanne
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!