I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 3 Super Cover For Hertz
- 4 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 5 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 6 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 7 Hotel in Vienna
- 8 Baby Milk
- 9 French restaurants
- 10 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 13 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 16 Granada to Madrid
- 17 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 18 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 19 Tour groups
- 20 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 21 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 22 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 23 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!