I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan airport to Duomo area by train?
- 2 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 3 Rental car return in Nice
- 4 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 5 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 6 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 7 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 8 Alhambra
- 9 Naples
- 10 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 13 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 14 French open 2017
- 15 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 16 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 17 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 18 Best Way to Get Two Single Day-Grounds, French Open (tennis) Tickets?
- 19 How many days for Tallinn, Riga and Vilinus?
- 20 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 21 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 22 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 23 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 24 Como or Bellagio
- 25 Too much for one day in Munich?
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!