I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 2 South of France
- 3 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 4 Want to sell Pashmina but didnt find the store.
- 5 Car hire location price differences
- 6 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 7 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 8 Ukraine Travel 2014
- 9 Making reservations in Italy
- 10 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 11 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 12 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 13 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 14 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 15 Vienna and side trips
- 16 18 Days in Turkey
- 17 small group tours of turkey and greece
- 18 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 19 VIGO, SPAIN
- 20 Someone please check my Spain itinerary...
- 21 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 22 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 23 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 24 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 25 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!