I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK for 12 days !
- 2 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 3 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 6 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 7 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 10 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 11 tour guides in rome
- 12 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 13 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 14 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 15 Day trip on the Rhine
- 16 poland to switzerland
- 17 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 20 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 21 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 22 Reims for a day
- 23 Toulouse and beyond -
- 24 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 25 French embassy schengen visa related questions