I was hoping I could get some help fine tuning my itinerary. I will be going backpacking in May of 2014 with two of my best friends. Now I know a boys trip most of the time ends up as just a piss up in a pub but it is really important to me and my mates that we experience the culture of the different places we go to and immerse ourselves.
We will be going for 34 days so just under 5 weeks.
I have found so many amazing places that I would love to go but have somewhat narrowed it down to these 10. Here are those places and the amount of days spent.
1)London (Arrival city) - 3
2)Amsterdam - 4
3)Prague - 4
6)Venice-2 (or do you suggest the Cinque Terre instead?)
7)Rome - 3
8)Palma de Mallorca-4
10)Paris-4 (Departure City)
My first question is 10 places to many in 34 days? My feeling is yes. I want to have a good mix between feeling that Ive accomplished all that I want as well as not feeling rushed.
Also, do you suggest any alternatives to the places I've chosen?
Some places that also interested me where Dubrovnik, Salzburg, Vienna, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Marseille, and venturing into the little towns within Germany.
I will be using a select eurail pass for 5 countries then traveling by cheap flights for the rest. Is this a good idea?
I want the romance of hidden cobble stone streets, the discovery of castles and beautiful views as well as some kickass nights with my friends. I think these cities accomplish this.
I am really looking forward to your advice. Please help me make this the trip of a lifetime. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 2 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 6 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 13 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 14 Bath/Cotswolds
- 15 Reports on trekking in Iceland
- 16 Thinking about the Fjords
- 17 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 18 Globus Iberian Tour
- 19 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 20 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 21 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 22 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 23 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 24 Poland to Austria In December
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more