I was hoping I could get some help fine tuning my itinerary. I will be going backpacking in May of 2014 with two of my best friends. Now I know a boys trip most of the time ends up as just a piss up in a pub but it is really important to me and my mates that we experience the culture of the different places we go to and immerse ourselves.
We will be going for 34 days so just under 5 weeks.
I have found so many amazing places that I would love to go but have somewhat narrowed it down to these 10. Here are those places and the amount of days spent.
1)London (Arrival city) - 3
2)Amsterdam - 4
3)Prague - 4
6)Venice-2 (or do you suggest the Cinque Terre instead?)
7)Rome - 3
8)Palma de Mallorca-4
10)Paris-4 (Departure City)
My first question is 10 places to many in 34 days? My feeling is yes. I want to have a good mix between feeling that Ive accomplished all that I want as well as not feeling rushed.
Also, do you suggest any alternatives to the places I've chosen?
Some places that also interested me where Dubrovnik, Salzburg, Vienna, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Marseille, and venturing into the little towns within Germany.
I will be using a select eurail pass for 5 countries then traveling by cheap flights for the rest. Is this a good idea?
I want the romance of hidden cobble stone streets, the discovery of castles and beautiful views as well as some kickass nights with my friends. I think these cities accomplish this.
I am really looking forward to your advice. Please help me make this the trip of a lifetime. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 Juangfrau / mt
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Switzerland
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 Questions about Polish sights
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Ireland travel passport question
- 17 Italy
- 18 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 19 Revised itinerary for italy
- 20 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 21 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 22 Biarritz family holiday
- 23 Lisbon hotel
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy