I was hoping I could get some help fine tuning my itinerary. I will be going backpacking in May of 2014 with two of my best friends. Now I know a boys trip most of the time ends up as just a piss up in a pub but it is really important to me and my mates that we experience the culture of the different places we go to and immerse ourselves.
We will be going for 34 days so just under 5 weeks.
I have found so many amazing places that I would love to go but have somewhat narrowed it down to these 10. Here are those places and the amount of days spent.
1)London (Arrival city) - 3
2)Amsterdam - 4
3)Prague - 4
6)Venice-2 (or do you suggest the Cinque Terre instead?)
7)Rome - 3
8)Palma de Mallorca-4
10)Paris-4 (Departure City)
My first question is 10 places to many in 34 days? My feeling is yes. I want to have a good mix between feeling that Ive accomplished all that I want as well as not feeling rushed.
Also, do you suggest any alternatives to the places I've chosen?
Some places that also interested me where Dubrovnik, Salzburg, Vienna, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Marseille, and venturing into the little towns within Germany.
I will be using a select eurail pass for 5 countries then traveling by cheap flights for the rest. Is this a good idea?
I want the romance of hidden cobble stone streets, the discovery of castles and beautiful views as well as some kickass nights with my friends. I think these cities accomplish this.
I am really looking forward to your advice. Please help me make this the trip of a lifetime. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Murren to Prague
- 4 Le Marche Research Help
- 5 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 6 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 7 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 8 Public Transportation in England
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 11 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 12 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 13 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 14 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 15 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 16 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
- 17 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 18 Sintra
- 19 Venice Bell Tower
- 20 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 21 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 22 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 23 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)