I was hoping I could get some help fine tuning my itinerary. I will be going backpacking in May of 2014 with two of my best friends. Now I know a boys trip most of the time ends up as just a piss up in a pub but it is really important to me and my mates that we experience the culture of the different places we go to and immerse ourselves.
We will be going for 34 days so just under 5 weeks.
I have found so many amazing places that I would love to go but have somewhat narrowed it down to these 10. Here are those places and the amount of days spent.
1)London (Arrival city) - 3
2)Amsterdam - 4
3)Prague - 4
6)Venice-2 (or do you suggest the Cinque Terre instead?)
7)Rome - 3
8)Palma de Mallorca-4
10)Paris-4 (Departure City)
My first question is 10 places to many in 34 days? My feeling is yes. I want to have a good mix between feeling that Ive accomplished all that I want as well as not feeling rushed.
Also, do you suggest any alternatives to the places I've chosen?
Some places that also interested me where Dubrovnik, Salzburg, Vienna, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Marseille, and venturing into the little towns within Germany.
I will be using a select eurail pass for 5 countries then traveling by cheap flights for the rest. Is this a good idea?
I want the romance of hidden cobble stone streets, the discovery of castles and beautiful views as well as some kickass nights with my friends. I think these cities accomplish this.
I am really looking forward to your advice. Please help me make this the trip of a lifetime. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul at Easter
- 2 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 3 Happy birthday ATM
- 4 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 5 tickets for Wimbledon
- 6 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 7 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 8 24 hours in Paris
- 9 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 10 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 11 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Keukenhof in May?
- 14 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 15 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 16 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 17 Insurance on rental car options
- 18 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 19 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 20 Renting a car in Greece
- 21 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 22 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 23 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 24 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 25 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August