I was hoping I could get some help fine tuning my itinerary. I will be going backpacking in May of 2014 with two of my best friends. Now I know a boys trip most of the time ends up as just a piss up in a pub but it is really important to me and my mates that we experience the culture of the different places we go to and immerse ourselves.
We will be going for 34 days so just under 5 weeks.
I have found so many amazing places that I would love to go but have somewhat narrowed it down to these 10. Here are those places and the amount of days spent.
1)London (Arrival city) - 3
2)Amsterdam - 4
3)Prague - 4
6)Venice-2 (or do you suggest the Cinque Terre instead?)
7)Rome - 3
8)Palma de Mallorca-4
10)Paris-4 (Departure City)
My first question is 10 places to many in 34 days? My feeling is yes. I want to have a good mix between feeling that Ive accomplished all that I want as well as not feeling rushed.
Also, do you suggest any alternatives to the places I've chosen?
Some places that also interested me where Dubrovnik, Salzburg, Vienna, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Marseille, and venturing into the little towns within Germany.
I will be using a select eurail pass for 5 countries then traveling by cheap flights for the rest. Is this a good idea?
I want the romance of hidden cobble stone streets, the discovery of castles and beautiful views as well as some kickass nights with my friends. I think these cities accomplish this.
I am really looking forward to your advice. Please help me make this the trip of a lifetime. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip Report
- 2 Athens International airport
- 3 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 4 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 5 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 6 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 7 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 8 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 Cinqueterre
- 11 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 12 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 13 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 14 Road trip Italy
- 15 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 16 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 17 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 18 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 19 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 20 Hilton CPH no loner
- 21 travel around Spain
- 22 French Wedding
- 23 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 24 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016