Hey fellow travelers:
I'm going to Europe for the first time by myself this summer. I'll be spending the month of July in Madrid as part of a study abroad course. I'll make weekend trips to Barcelona and Seville while there, so I've got Spain covered. When the course is done, I'm planning to stay in Europe for another three weeks (max) to check out some cities I've never seen. I'll travel by myself (I'm a woman) for about 7 to 9 days...then my 22-year old daughter (who's never been to Europe at all) will join me for about 10 days of the trip. I have friends in Scotland, so I'll spend a few days with them and will fly home to San Diego via Glasgow at the end of my trip. I've already seen: London, Paris, Florence and parts of Tuscany. For this trip, I'm thinking of seeing:
1) Amsterdam (definitely)
2) Prague (probably)
3) Maybe Paris again (so I can bring my daughter, tho I'm unsure I want to go to a city I've already seen when there are so many I haven't seen)
4) or instead of Paris...Provence?
5) London?? (just for my daughter, tho again, I've already been there)
My budget is "3-star". Can't go above that. Public transportation only - no rental cars. Trains, Ryanair and EasyJet are all part of the plan. I LOVE to walk. I'm in good shape and can walk for miles on end.
All that said, what would you seasoned Europe travelers recommend? Both for the solo portion of my trip and the part with my daughter? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 Looking for a Luxury Villa in Lucca
- 3 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 4 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 5 Scotland - We're Here!
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 IWM
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 10 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 11 Guided Vatican Tours
- 12 Avoid Europcar!
- 13 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 14 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 15 Couscous
- 16 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 17 Train / Calabria
- 18 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 London in Winter Report
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 23 16 days in France and Italy
- 24 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 25 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
Hey fellow travelers: