Hey fellow travelers:
I'm going to Europe for the first time by myself this summer. I'll be spending the month of July in Madrid as part of a study abroad course. I'll make weekend trips to Barcelona and Seville while there, so I've got Spain covered. When the course is done, I'm planning to stay in Europe for another three weeks (max) to check out some cities I've never seen. I'll travel by myself (I'm a woman) for about 7 to 9 days...then my 22-year old daughter (who's never been to Europe at all) will join me for about 10 days of the trip. I have friends in Scotland, so I'll spend a few days with them and will fly home to San Diego via Glasgow at the end of my trip. I've already seen: London, Paris, Florence and parts of Tuscany. For this trip, I'm thinking of seeing:
1) Amsterdam (definitely)
2) Prague (probably)
3) Maybe Paris again (so I can bring my daughter, tho I'm unsure I want to go to a city I've already seen when there are so many I haven't seen)
4) or instead of Paris...Provence?
5) London?? (just for my daughter, tho again, I've already been there)
My budget is "3-star". Can't go above that. Public transportation only - no rental cars. Trains, Ryanair and EasyJet are all part of the plan. I LOVE to walk. I'm in good shape and can walk for miles on end.
All that said, what would you seasoned Europe travelers recommend? Both for the solo portion of my trip and the part with my daughter? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 2 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 3 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 4 Canal du Midi
- 5 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 8 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Perugia
- 11 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 12 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 13 Praiano
- 14 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 17 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 18 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 19 St Denis Cathedral
- 20 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 21 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 No Periods in British Written English!
- 24 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 25 Help please
Hey fellow travelers: