Hey fellow travelers:
I'm going to Europe for the first time by myself this summer. I'll be spending the month of July in Madrid as part of a study abroad course. I'll make weekend trips to Barcelona and Seville while there, so I've got Spain covered. When the course is done, I'm planning to stay in Europe for another three weeks (max) to check out some cities I've never seen. I'll travel by myself (I'm a woman) for about 7 to 9 days...then my 22-year old daughter (who's never been to Europe at all) will join me for about 10 days of the trip. I have friends in Scotland, so I'll spend a few days with them and will fly home to San Diego via Glasgow at the end of my trip. I've already seen: London, Paris, Florence and parts of Tuscany. For this trip, I'm thinking of seeing:
1) Amsterdam (definitely)
2) Prague (probably)
3) Maybe Paris again (so I can bring my daughter, tho I'm unsure I want to go to a city I've already seen when there are so many I haven't seen)
4) or instead of Paris...Provence?
5) London?? (just for my daughter, tho again, I've already been there)
My budget is "3-star". Can't go above that. Public transportation only - no rental cars. Trains, Ryanair and EasyJet are all part of the plan. I LOVE to walk. I'm in good shape and can walk for miles on end.
All that said, what would you seasoned Europe travelers recommend? Both for the solo portion of my trip and the part with my daughter? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 2 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Apartment Montreux area
- 6 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Trains in Italy
- 9 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 10 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 11 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 12 An evening in London
- 13 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 23 Safety in Rome
- 24 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary
Hey fellow travelers: