Hey fellow travelers:
I'm going to Europe for the first time by myself this summer. I'll be spending the month of July in Madrid as part of a study abroad course. I'll make weekend trips to Barcelona and Seville while there, so I've got Spain covered. When the course is done, I'm planning to stay in Europe for another three weeks (max) to check out some cities I've never seen. I'll travel by myself (I'm a woman) for about 7 to 9 days...then my 22-year old daughter (who's never been to Europe at all) will join me for about 10 days of the trip. I have friends in Scotland, so I'll spend a few days with them and will fly home to San Diego via Glasgow at the end of my trip. I've already seen: London, Paris, Florence and parts of Tuscany. For this trip, I'm thinking of seeing:
1) Amsterdam (definitely)
2) Prague (probably)
3) Maybe Paris again (so I can bring my daughter, tho I'm unsure I want to go to a city I've already seen when there are so many I haven't seen)
4) or instead of Paris...Provence?
5) London?? (just for my daughter, tho again, I've already been there)
My budget is "3-star". Can't go above that. Public transportation only - no rental cars. Trains, Ryanair and EasyJet are all part of the plan. I LOVE to walk. I'm in good shape and can walk for miles on end.
All that said, what would you seasoned Europe travelers recommend? Both for the solo portion of my trip and the part with my daughter? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 2 Vigo Spain????
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Getting around London
- 5 Train travel to and from Paris
- 6 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 11 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 12 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 13 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 14 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 15 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 16 Andalucia Spain
- 17 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 18 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 19 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 20 SURPRISE TRIP
- 21 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 22 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
Hey fellow travelers: