Hey fellow travelers:
I'm going to Europe for the first time by myself this summer. I'll be spending the month of July in Madrid as part of a study abroad course. I'll make weekend trips to Barcelona and Seville while there, so I've got Spain covered. When the course is done, I'm planning to stay in Europe for another three weeks (max) to check out some cities I've never seen. I'll travel by myself (I'm a woman) for about 7 to 9 days...then my 22-year old daughter (who's never been to Europe at all) will join me for about 10 days of the trip. I have friends in Scotland, so I'll spend a few days with them and will fly home to San Diego via Glasgow at the end of my trip. I've already seen: London, Paris, Florence and parts of Tuscany. For this trip, I'm thinking of seeing:
1) Amsterdam (definitely)
2) Prague (probably)
3) Maybe Paris again (so I can bring my daughter, tho I'm unsure I want to go to a city I've already seen when there are so many I haven't seen)
4) or instead of Paris...Provence?
5) London?? (just for my daughter, tho again, I've already been there)
My budget is "3-star". Can't go above that. Public transportation only - no rental cars. Trains, Ryanair and EasyJet are all part of the plan. I LOVE to walk. I'm in good shape and can walk for miles on end.
All that said, what would you seasoned Europe travelers recommend? Both for the solo portion of my trip and the part with my daughter? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 Summer Travel order
- 3 LIsbon
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 International Flight Question
- 6 Luggage Storage
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 10 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 11 Brugge hotel help
- 12 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 14 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 15 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 16 Another tipping question: concierges
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 20 Back from Paris
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
Hey fellow travelers: