I'm planning my first solo Euro trip (scheduled for August 2014). I'm a 22 year old who's hoping to get some travel in between graduating college and starting work full-time. I've been to Europe twice before and have experience travelling in central Mexico and Ghana. I've never explored Germany or Eastern Europe before, and have outlined the following preliminary itinerary:
Munich (and Bavaria, Neuschwanstein) - 4 days
Salzburg - 2 days
Hallstatt - 2 days
Vienna (and river trip from Krems to Melk) - 4 days
Budapest (and day trip to Szentendre) - 3 days
Krakow (and day trip to Auschwitz) - 4 days
Prague (and day trip to Cesky Krumlar) - 4 days
(fly to) London -4 days (plus 2 day trip to Bath)
The only city I've visited before on this itinerary is London (but I've never been to Bath), and I am unfamiliar with the other places I'm hoping to visit.
I have a couple of questions because I'm starting to look at my budget/other logistical arrangements for the trip:
1) Do any seasoned travelers see any potential problems with this itinerary? Am I trying to see too many places? Am I spending too little time in each place?
2) Are there any other cities in Eastern Europe I should try to squeeze in? Are there any place you think I should cut out?
3) Would train travel between all of these cities be best? Any tips about rail passes?
4) Do you see any issues with a solo female traveler visiting any of the cities above?
My trip is in the early planning stages, so I'm OPEN to any suggestions or other tips you may have!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1st Time in Europe
- 2 Trips to include in Paris/Amsterdam visit
- 3 Spending money
- 4 Destination wedding venue suggestions Tuscany or No Italy
- 5 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 6 Berlin or Budapest?
- 7 One Week France, Mid Oct, after Paris
- 8 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 9 Itinerary recommendation (Germany, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland)
- 10 September in Switzerland
- 11 Palace of the Popes
- 12 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 13 Traveling alone to France, Netherlands and Germany!
- 14 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015
- 15 buying Eruos in advance
- 16 Shopping in Paris
- 17 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 18 Spain and Beyond - Part Three
- 19 Who has used their iPad and sim card?
- 20 October too late for the Italian lakes?
- 21 2 week Scandinavia Trip
- 22 Greece to Italy by Ferry, Pros and Cons
- 23 Why should I go to Norway in Oct?
- 24 Provence planning
- 25 Where Europeans Vacation