I'm planning my first solo Euro trip (scheduled for August 2014). I'm a 22 year old who's hoping to get some travel in between graduating college and starting work full-time. I've been to Europe twice before and have experience travelling in central Mexico and Ghana. I've never explored Germany or Eastern Europe before, and have outlined the following preliminary itinerary:
Munich (and Bavaria, Neuschwanstein) - 4 days
Salzburg - 2 days
Hallstatt - 2 days
Vienna (and river trip from Krems to Melk) - 4 days
Budapest (and day trip to Szentendre) - 3 days
Krakow (and day trip to Auschwitz) - 4 days
Prague (and day trip to Cesky Krumlar) - 4 days
(fly to) London -4 days (plus 2 day trip to Bath)
The only city I've visited before on this itinerary is London (but I've never been to Bath), and I am unfamiliar with the other places I'm hoping to visit.
I have a couple of questions because I'm starting to look at my budget/other logistical arrangements for the trip:
1) Do any seasoned travelers see any potential problems with this itinerary? Am I trying to see too many places? Am I spending too little time in each place?
2) Are there any other cities in Eastern Europe I should try to squeeze in? Are there any place you think I should cut out?
3) Would train travel between all of these cities be best? Any tips about rail passes?
4) Do you see any issues with a solo female traveler visiting any of the cities above?
My trip is in the early planning stages, so I'm OPEN to any suggestions or other tips you may have!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal trains
- 2 Private Car to & from Paris CDG
- 3 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 4 Gluten Free in Italy
- 5 Sintra day trip from Lisbon - Independent versus Tour?
- 6 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 7 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 8 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 9 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 10 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 11 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 12 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 13 ENGLAND TEAM for game with wales
- 14 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 15 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 16 Sentimental Journey
- 17 Restaurant Open on Monday's near Castlemuzio
- 18 MID DECEMBER IN BUDAPEST
- 19 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 20 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 21 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 22 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 23 Paris w/ Kids -- A family's first trip [report]
- 24 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 25 Royal Caribbean Cruise port to Arlanda, Stockholm airport