I'm planning my first solo Euro trip (scheduled for August 2014). I'm a 22 year old who's hoping to get some travel in between graduating college and starting work full-time. I've been to Europe twice before and have experience travelling in central Mexico and Ghana. I've never explored Germany or Eastern Europe before, and have outlined the following preliminary itinerary:
Munich (and Bavaria, Neuschwanstein) - 4 days
Salzburg - 2 days
Hallstatt - 2 days
Vienna (and river trip from Krems to Melk) - 4 days
Budapest (and day trip to Szentendre) - 3 days
Krakow (and day trip to Auschwitz) - 4 days
Prague (and day trip to Cesky Krumlar) - 4 days
(fly to) London -4 days (plus 2 day trip to Bath)
The only city I've visited before on this itinerary is London (but I've never been to Bath), and I am unfamiliar with the other places I'm hoping to visit.
I have a couple of questions because I'm starting to look at my budget/other logistical arrangements for the trip:
1) Do any seasoned travelers see any potential problems with this itinerary? Am I trying to see too many places? Am I spending too little time in each place?
2) Are there any other cities in Eastern Europe I should try to squeeze in? Are there any place you think I should cut out?
3) Would train travel between all of these cities be best? Any tips about rail passes?
4) Do you see any issues with a solo female traveler visiting any of the cities above?
My trip is in the early planning stages, so I'm OPEN to any suggestions or other tips you may have!
Thanks in advance for your help!
First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Schengen rule made easy
- 2 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 3 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 4 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 5 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 6 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 7 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 8 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 9 Need help with itinerary
- 10 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 11 Italy Spending Budget
- 12 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?
- 13 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 14 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 15 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 16 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 17 Kassel Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe visiting logistics
- 18 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 19 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 20 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 21 Best way to see the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- 22 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 23 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 24 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 25 Ireland or Scotland