I'm planning my first solo Euro trip (scheduled for August 2014). I'm a 22 year old who's hoping to get some travel in between graduating college and starting work full-time. I've been to Europe twice before and have experience travelling in central Mexico and Ghana. I've never explored Germany or Eastern Europe before, and have outlined the following preliminary itinerary:
Munich (and Bavaria, Neuschwanstein) - 4 days
Salzburg - 2 days
Hallstatt - 2 days
Vienna (and river trip from Krems to Melk) - 4 days
Budapest (and day trip to Szentendre) - 3 days
Krakow (and day trip to Auschwitz) - 4 days
Prague (and day trip to Cesky Krumlar) - 4 days
(fly to) London -4 days (plus 2 day trip to Bath)
The only city I've visited before on this itinerary is London (but I've never been to Bath), and I am unfamiliar with the other places I'm hoping to visit.
I have a couple of questions because I'm starting to look at my budget/other logistical arrangements for the trip:
1) Do any seasoned travelers see any potential problems with this itinerary? Am I trying to see too many places? Am I spending too little time in each place?
2) Are there any other cities in Eastern Europe I should try to squeeze in? Are there any place you think I should cut out?
3) Would train travel between all of these cities be best? Any tips about rail passes?
4) Do you see any issues with a solo female traveler visiting any of the cities above?
My trip is in the early planning stages, so I'm OPEN to any suggestions or other tips you may have!
Thanks in advance for your help!
First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel with Teens
- 2 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 3 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 4 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 5 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 6 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 9 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 10 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 11 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 What are the best places to see in England
- 14 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 15 Reims for a day
- 16 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 17 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Estonia Amber
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 22 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 23 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 24 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 25 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY