I'm planning my first solo Euro trip (scheduled for August 2014). I'm a 22 year old who's hoping to get some travel in between graduating college and starting work full-time. I've been to Europe twice before and have experience travelling in central Mexico and Ghana. I've never explored Germany or Eastern Europe before, and have outlined the following preliminary itinerary:
Munich (and Bavaria, Neuschwanstein) - 4 days
Salzburg - 2 days
Hallstatt - 2 days
Vienna (and river trip from Krems to Melk) - 4 days
Budapest (and day trip to Szentendre) - 3 days
Krakow (and day trip to Auschwitz) - 4 days
Prague (and day trip to Cesky Krumlar) - 4 days
(fly to) London -4 days (plus 2 day trip to Bath)
The only city I've visited before on this itinerary is London (but I've never been to Bath), and I am unfamiliar with the other places I'm hoping to visit.
I have a couple of questions because I'm starting to look at my budget/other logistical arrangements for the trip:
1) Do any seasoned travelers see any potential problems with this itinerary? Am I trying to see too many places? Am I spending too little time in each place?
2) Are there any other cities in Eastern Europe I should try to squeeze in? Are there any place you think I should cut out?
3) Would train travel between all of these cities be best? Any tips about rail passes?
4) Do you see any issues with a solo female traveler visiting any of the cities above?
My trip is in the early planning stages, so I'm OPEN to any suggestions or other tips you may have!
Thanks in advance for your help!
First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 2 Naxos in May
- 3 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 4 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 5 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 6 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 7 Belfast to Scotland help
- 8 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 9 20 days in Germany
- 10 France, Italy and Greec
- 11 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 12 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 13 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 14 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 15 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 16 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 17 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 18 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 19 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 20 help regarding removal firm in london
- 21 Dresden or Leipzig
- 22 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 25 Trains in Italy