I'm planning my first solo Euro trip (scheduled for August 2014). I'm a 22 year old who's hoping to get some travel in between graduating college and starting work full-time. I've been to Europe twice before and have experience travelling in central Mexico and Ghana. I've never explored Germany or Eastern Europe before, and have outlined the following preliminary itinerary:
Munich (and Bavaria, Neuschwanstein) - 4 days
Salzburg - 2 days
Hallstatt - 2 days
Vienna (and river trip from Krems to Melk) - 4 days
Budapest (and day trip to Szentendre) - 3 days
Krakow (and day trip to Auschwitz) - 4 days
Prague (and day trip to Cesky Krumlar) - 4 days
(fly to) London -4 days (plus 2 day trip to Bath)
The only city I've visited before on this itinerary is London (but I've never been to Bath), and I am unfamiliar with the other places I'm hoping to visit.
I have a couple of questions because I'm starting to look at my budget/other logistical arrangements for the trip:
1) Do any seasoned travelers see any potential problems with this itinerary? Am I trying to see too many places? Am I spending too little time in each place?
2) Are there any other cities in Eastern Europe I should try to squeeze in? Are there any place you think I should cut out?
3) Would train travel between all of these cities be best? Any tips about rail passes?
4) Do you see any issues with a solo female traveler visiting any of the cities above?
My trip is in the early planning stages, so I'm OPEN to any suggestions or other tips you may have!
Thanks in advance for your help!
First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 2 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 3 Arriving in Prague
- 4 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 5 4 Months in Europe
- 6 2 Days in Rome
- 7 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 8 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 9 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 10 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 11 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 12 Tipping in the UK
- 13 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 14 2 weeks in Spain
- 15 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 16 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 17 Wines charted by flavor
- 18 Museum Pass
- 19 Central Europe itinerary
- 20 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 21 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 22 France in October
- 23 Day trips out of Florence?
- 24 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 25 Venice; recommendations