I'm planning my first solo Euro trip (scheduled for August 2014). I'm a 22 year old who's hoping to get some travel in between graduating college and starting work full-time. I've been to Europe twice before and have experience travelling in central Mexico and Ghana. I've never explored Germany or Eastern Europe before, and have outlined the following preliminary itinerary:
Munich (and Bavaria, Neuschwanstein) - 4 days
Salzburg - 2 days
Hallstatt - 2 days
Vienna (and river trip from Krems to Melk) - 4 days
Budapest (and day trip to Szentendre) - 3 days
Krakow (and day trip to Auschwitz) - 4 days
Prague (and day trip to Cesky Krumlar) - 4 days
(fly to) London -4 days (plus 2 day trip to Bath)
The only city I've visited before on this itinerary is London (but I've never been to Bath), and I am unfamiliar with the other places I'm hoping to visit.
I have a couple of questions because I'm starting to look at my budget/other logistical arrangements for the trip:
1) Do any seasoned travelers see any potential problems with this itinerary? Am I trying to see too many places? Am I spending too little time in each place?
2) Are there any other cities in Eastern Europe I should try to squeeze in? Are there any place you think I should cut out?
3) Would train travel between all of these cities be best? Any tips about rail passes?
4) Do you see any issues with a solo female traveler visiting any of the cities above?
My trip is in the early planning stages, so I'm OPEN to any suggestions or other tips you may have!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 2 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 3 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 4 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 5 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 6 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 7 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 8 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 9 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 10 Tuscany Trip
- 11 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 12 12-14 nights enough ?
- 13 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 14 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 15 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 16 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 17 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 18 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 19 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 20 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 21 Need help with my itinerary
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Killarney