I'm planning my first solo Euro trip (scheduled for August 2014). I'm a 22 year old who's hoping to get some travel in between graduating college and starting work full-time. I've been to Europe twice before and have experience travelling in central Mexico and Ghana. I've never explored Germany or Eastern Europe before, and have outlined the following preliminary itinerary:
Munich (and Bavaria, Neuschwanstein) - 4 days
Salzburg - 2 days
Hallstatt - 2 days
Vienna (and river trip from Krems to Melk) - 4 days
Budapest (and day trip to Szentendre) - 3 days
Krakow (and day trip to Auschwitz) - 4 days
Prague (and day trip to Cesky Krumlar) - 4 days
(fly to) London -4 days (plus 2 day trip to Bath)
The only city I've visited before on this itinerary is London (but I've never been to Bath), and I am unfamiliar with the other places I'm hoping to visit.
I have a couple of questions because I'm starting to look at my budget/other logistical arrangements for the trip:
1) Do any seasoned travelers see any potential problems with this itinerary? Am I trying to see too many places? Am I spending too little time in each place?
2) Are there any other cities in Eastern Europe I should try to squeeze in? Are there any place you think I should cut out?
3) Would train travel between all of these cities be best? Any tips about rail passes?
4) Do you see any issues with a solo female traveler visiting any of the cities above?
My trip is in the early planning stages, so I'm OPEN to any suggestions or other tips you may have!
Thanks in advance for your help!
First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerey help for 4 weeks trip to Germany for July of 2015
- 2 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 3 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 4 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 5 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 6 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 7 Food in Paris-Dining out
- 8 month's stay in Italy
- 9 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 10 10 days in England
- 11 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 12 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 13 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 14 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 15 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 16 Help with trip to St Petersburg
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 19 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 20 5 days France Itinerary
- 21 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 22 Food Critics Pans French Restaurant Food and the 'Fait Maison' Logo...
- 23 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 24 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 25 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?