I am a 20-something planning a solo trip to Europe well in advance and I'm going to stay in hostels.
I've been to Rome, Tuscany, Lucca, Florence, Venice, Giverny, and Paris and I am very comfortable with public transport.
I love to learn about new cultures, I love architecture, I'm a huge foodie, and I'm interested in meeting new people. My goal is to have an adventure on my own. The trip is going to be about 18 - 21 days and I really don't want to cram everything in all at once which is why I want 4 - 5 destinations at most.
I do want to go to places that have good transportation systems because I'm not going to rent a car.. I'm up for a few of museums but I'd really like to just get immersed in the city and its locals.
One thing I'm looking forward to is visiting a few castles and going out more at night since my last trip was with my mom.
I definitely want to go to Berlin and Amsterdam and London.
Some other cities I've been thinking about are
I'm just looking for some ideas either on the 1 - 2 cities to add, amazing things to see in any of these cities, and/or the three cities I've already decided on. Like I said I'm comfortable with public transport and I also have common sense. So anything helpful would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 8 Train Through Spain
- 9 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 Italy June 6-16
- 13 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 14 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 hill of crosses
- 18 Planning A trip
- 19 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 20 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice