I am a 20-something planning a solo trip to Europe well in advance and I'm going to stay in hostels.
I've been to Rome, Tuscany, Lucca, Florence, Venice, Giverny, and Paris and I am very comfortable with public transport.
I love to learn about new cultures, I love architecture, I'm a huge foodie, and I'm interested in meeting new people. My goal is to have an adventure on my own. The trip is going to be about 18 - 21 days and I really don't want to cram everything in all at once which is why I want 4 - 5 destinations at most.
I do want to go to places that have good transportation systems because I'm not going to rent a car.. I'm up for a few of museums but I'd really like to just get immersed in the city and its locals.
One thing I'm looking forward to is visiting a few castles and going out more at night since my last trip was with my mom.
I definitely want to go to Berlin and Amsterdam and London.
Some other cities I've been thinking about are
I'm just looking for some ideas either on the 1 - 2 cities to add, amazing things to see in any of these cities, and/or the three cities I've already decided on. Like I said I'm comfortable with public transport and I also have common sense. So anything helpful would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in Granada
- 2 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 3 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 4 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Schengen Rule
- 8 Quizz !
- 9 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 10 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 14 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 15 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 16 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 17 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Pay attention to your watches !
- 20 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 21 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 22 Venice/Mestre
- 23 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 a group of old friends traveling to croatia