I am a 20-something planning a solo trip to Europe well in advance and I'm going to stay in hostels.
I've been to Rome, Tuscany, Lucca, Florence, Venice, Giverny, and Paris and I am very comfortable with public transport.
I love to learn about new cultures, I love architecture, I'm a huge foodie, and I'm interested in meeting new people. My goal is to have an adventure on my own. The trip is going to be about 18 - 21 days and I really don't want to cram everything in all at once which is why I want 4 - 5 destinations at most.
I do want to go to places that have good transportation systems because I'm not going to rent a car.. I'm up for a few of museums but I'd really like to just get immersed in the city and its locals.
One thing I'm looking forward to is visiting a few castles and going out more at night since my last trip was with my mom.
I definitely want to go to Berlin and Amsterdam and London.
Some other cities I've been thinking about are
I'm just looking for some ideas either on the 1 - 2 cities to add, amazing things to see in any of these cities, and/or the three cities I've already decided on. Like I said I'm comfortable with public transport and I also have common sense. So anything helpful would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 3 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 4 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 5 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 6 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 7 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Can parking
- 22 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 23 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 24 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 25 Douro Valley in January?