Dear Garyloo, Improvisor and Janis, and others,
I have read the latest amazing discussion about this prospect. I was so intrigued and impressed by your repartee that I was inspired to start my own thread because we are all unique.
Basics. Arrive Eve. 10/22 Leave morning 10/31-Husband /Wife 65: Seasoned ( like to do it ourselves) travelers-
We love wildlife, scenery,theatre, music,architecture, laughter, spontaneous adaptions, adventure, local folk, My wife likes History. I love food and getting lost.
I fully agree with you- There are no bests or must sees that can be counted on. Everyone has different interests and in nine days there is no way to explore enough to return home feeling like I know Scotland.
Sure, it's fun to plan, dream and figure and re figure the best possible ways to go about seeing a new place but, having done this so many times, I have come to appreciate someone with obvious great personal knowledge offer a touring idea with artful simplicity.
Garyloo expressed it this way:
Three or four nights in Glencoe.
Two or three nights in... wait.... Fife.
Four nights in Edinburgh.
I'm up for that idea:
Now having said that, looking at our interests. could you give me any additional specifics on what I may want to avoid and what seems like a good move to include? Are there special roads I should explore? Restaurants or to look into check out?
We are open to a variety of accommodations-- Thoughts?
We will rent a car for seven nights after our stay in Edin.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hello@ ☎ 1:800:681:7208 MCAFEE Install CONTACTs MCAFEE Technical Care
- 2 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 3 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 6 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 7 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 8 Studying art in English in venice
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 11 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 12 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 13 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 14 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 15 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 16 Berlin to ?
- 17 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 18 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Trogir or Split
- 21 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Hotels in Turin
- 24 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 25 Istria in two days