Dear Garyloo, Improvisor and Janis, and others,
I have read the latest amazing discussion about this prospect. I was so intrigued and impressed by your repartee that I was inspired to start my own thread because we are all unique.
Basics. Arrive Eve. 10/22 Leave morning 10/31-Husband /Wife 65: Seasoned ( like to do it ourselves) travelers-
We love wildlife, scenery,theatre, music,architecture, laughter, spontaneous adaptions, adventure, local folk, My wife likes History. I love food and getting lost.
I fully agree with you- There are no bests or must sees that can be counted on. Everyone has different interests and in nine days there is no way to explore enough to return home feeling like I know Scotland.
Sure, it's fun to plan, dream and figure and re figure the best possible ways to go about seeing a new place but, having done this so many times, I have come to appreciate someone with obvious great personal knowledge offer a touring idea with artful simplicity.
Garyloo expressed it this way:
Three or four nights in Glencoe.
Two or three nights in... wait.... Fife.
Four nights in Edinburgh.
I'm up for that idea:
Now having said that, looking at our interests. could you give me any additional specifics on what I may want to avoid and what seems like a good move to include? Are there special roads I should explore? Restaurants or to look into check out?
We are open to a variety of accommodations-- Thoughts?
We will rent a car for seven nights after our stay in Edin.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 피망맞고 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 4 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 7 Tracking the Weather
- 8 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 9 Where to eat in Rome?
- 10 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Italy travel plan help
- 13 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 14 Thinking about the Fjords
- 15 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 18 Alsace to Austria?
- 19 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 20 Budapest language lessons
- 21 Tours in Wales
- 22 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 23 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 barcelona neighborhood