Dear Garyloo, Improvisor and Janis, and others,
I have read the latest amazing discussion about this prospect. I was so intrigued and impressed by your repartee that I was inspired to start my own thread because we are all unique.
Basics. Arrive Eve. 10/22 Leave morning 10/31-Husband /Wife 65: Seasoned ( like to do it ourselves) travelers-
We love wildlife, scenery,theatre, music,architecture, laughter, spontaneous adaptions, adventure, local folk, My wife likes History. I love food and getting lost.
I fully agree with you- There are no bests or must sees that can be counted on. Everyone has different interests and in nine days there is no way to explore enough to return home feeling like I know Scotland.
Sure, it's fun to plan, dream and figure and re figure the best possible ways to go about seeing a new place but, having done this so many times, I have come to appreciate someone with obvious great personal knowledge offer a touring idea with artful simplicity.
Garyloo expressed it this way:
Three or four nights in Glencoe.
Two or three nights in... wait.... Fife.
Four nights in Edinburgh.
I'm up for that idea:
Now having said that, looking at our interests. could you give me any additional specifics on what I may want to avoid and what seems like a good move to include? Are there special roads I should explore? Restaurants or to look into check out?
We are open to a variety of accommodations-- Thoughts?
We will rent a car for seven nights after our stay in Edin.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Barcelona
- 3 Spain and South of France
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Overnight at Heathrow
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Ronda Wine/biking
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Andalucia itinerary help
- 15 Santorini lodging
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 18 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 21 Prague
- 22 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 23 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 24 9 days in London
- 25 Where to buy things outside of Munich