I used to contribute regularly but have fallen off the past few years! I will read through threads for the basics. I have done 2 day trips to France in my years of traveling- one 6 hour layover in Paris and a day trip to Corsica from Sardinia. Me and my boyfriend are both in our 30s, we wants balanced culture time and beach time. I like off the beaten track places. So my initial thoughts are 4-5 nights Paris and 5-6 Corsica. We are trying to keep the trip budget friendly. I will be spending time on Airbnb looking at accommodations for about $100 US and under. I am a fan of renting apartments and houses. Our flights from NYC are in/out of Paris.
After looking at trains, car rentals, ferries, it appears the best way to get to Corsica may be flying. I am open to any other beach area thoughts by the way. I do enjoy driving on vacation and for the beach part we would get a car. So, if there are amazing beach areas on mainland France that you'd like to suggest, I am open. I have to say though the few hours I had in Corsica 11 years ago were breathtaking, and I like everything I've read about it. My boyfriend has never been to Europe at all, it's our first trip together- I'd like it to be special. So any tips/tricks/ideas are welcome. Any accomodation reccs, food reccs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dog friendly hotels
- 2 Vacation
- 3 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 4 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 5 Cambridge in May
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Madrid/Lisbon
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 16 Day trips around Vienna
- 17 Greek fuel cost
- 18 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 19 Killarney
- 20 Walking itinerary in England?
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 25 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations