I used to contribute regularly but have fallen off the past few years! I will read through threads for the basics. I have done 2 day trips to France in my years of traveling- one 6 hour layover in Paris and a day trip to Corsica from Sardinia. Me and my boyfriend are both in our 30s, we wants balanced culture time and beach time. I like off the beaten track places. So my initial thoughts are 4-5 nights Paris and 5-6 Corsica. We are trying to keep the trip budget friendly. I will be spending time on Airbnb looking at accommodations for about $100 US and under. I am a fan of renting apartments and houses. Our flights from NYC are in/out of Paris.
After looking at trains, car rentals, ferries, it appears the best way to get to Corsica may be flying. I am open to any other beach area thoughts by the way. I do enjoy driving on vacation and for the beach part we would get a car. So, if there are amazing beach areas on mainland France that you'd like to suggest, I am open. I have to say though the few hours I had in Corsica 11 years ago were breathtaking, and I like everything I've read about it. My boyfriend has never been to Europe at all, it's our first trip together- I'd like it to be special. So any tips/tricks/ideas are welcome. Any accomodation reccs, food reccs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel around Spain
- 2 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 3 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 4 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 5 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 6 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 7 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 8 Hilton CPH no loner
- 9 Cornwall UK
- 10 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 11 French Wedding
- 12 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 13 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 14 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 15 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 16 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 17 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 18 I may be wrong....
- 19 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 20 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 21 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 22 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 23 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 24 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 25 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany