I used to contribute regularly but have fallen off the past few years! I will read through threads for the basics. I have done 2 day trips to France in my years of traveling- one 6 hour layover in Paris and a day trip to Corsica from Sardinia. Me and my boyfriend are both in our 30s, we wants balanced culture time and beach time. I like off the beaten track places. So my initial thoughts are 4-5 nights Paris and 5-6 Corsica. We are trying to keep the trip budget friendly. I will be spending time on Airbnb looking at accommodations for about $100 US and under. I am a fan of renting apartments and houses. Our flights from NYC are in/out of Paris.
After looking at trains, car rentals, ferries, it appears the best way to get to Corsica may be flying. I am open to any other beach area thoughts by the way. I do enjoy driving on vacation and for the beach part we would get a car. So, if there are amazing beach areas on mainland France that you'd like to suggest, I am open. I have to say though the few hours I had in Corsica 11 years ago were breathtaking, and I like everything I've read about it. My boyfriend has never been to Europe at all, it's our first trip together- I'd like it to be special. So any tips/tricks/ideas are welcome. Any accomodation reccs, food reccs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 3 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 4 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 5 Couscous
- 6 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 7 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 8 Ibiiza Spain
- 9 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 10 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 11 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 12 Cartagena Spain
- 13 3 nights in Madrid
- 14 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 15 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 16 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 17 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 18 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 19 Help with Ireland Trip
- 20 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 21 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 22 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 25 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!