I am in the process of planning a "backpacking" trip to Europe this summer. I have been to the UK before but not alone. I am wondering if anyone has general tips or advice. I would ideally like to hit up France, Amsterdam, Italy, Portugal, Spain if possible and/or any where in between in about 2 weeks (obviously some spots will not make the final itinerary.) I have been using SkyScanner for flights and I am curious about trains or busses or general transportation once in the city. Any must see spots? Good hostels? Budgets (other than flight budgets)?
All appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rental car return in Nice
- 2 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 3 Paris hotels
- 4 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 5 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 6 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 7 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 8 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 9 http://bellecomplexnorway.com/nu-youth-anti-wrinkle/
- 10 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 11 Amsterdam B&B
- 12 Visit to the Hoegaarde Brewery in June?
- 13 Sicily/Malta - Insight Vacations
- 14 http://www.thecrazymass.com/nouvalift-instant-wrinkle-reducer/
- 15 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 16 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 17 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 18 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 19 What do pack for Ireland?
- 20 Dirndl Shop Locations
- 21 how far in advance of flight to get to airport
- 22 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 23 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 24 Netflix and Hulu
- 25 Hiking in Tyrol Austria