I am in the process of planning a "backpacking" trip to Europe this summer. I have been to the UK before but not alone. I am wondering if anyone has general tips or advice. I would ideally like to hit up France, Amsterdam, Italy, Portugal, Spain if possible and/or any where in between in about 2 weeks (obviously some spots will not make the final itinerary.) I have been using SkyScanner for flights and I am curious about trains or busses or general transportation once in the city. Any must see spots? Good hostels? Budgets (other than flight budgets)?
All appreciated! Thank you
First lone venture to Europe!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?
- 2 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 3 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 4 malaga to madrid train ?
- 5 Paris Bastille Day
- 6 Anyone been to Fastnacht or Fasnacht in Switzerland?
- 7 5 days in England (flying into Heathrow) before cruise- where to visit
- 8 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 9 Denmark cycle tour
- 10 Trains
- 11 Restaurant recommendations in Copenhagen
- 12 Barcelona restaurants
- 13 Accommodation
- 14 Italy for 5 nights!
- 15 Is Rome and Amalfi safe for women?
- 16 netherland & belgium 7 days pls help
- 17 Travel to San Gimignano
- 18 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 19 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 20 car rental agency
- 21 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 22 1 month & unrealistic expectations
- 23 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 24 Ferry from Istanbul to Greek Islands
- 25 Best way to travel between Heathrow and Paris