I am in the process of planning a "backpacking" trip to Europe this summer. I have been to the UK before but not alone. I am wondering if anyone has general tips or advice. I would ideally like to hit up France, Amsterdam, Italy, Portugal, Spain if possible and/or any where in between in about 2 weeks (obviously some spots will not make the final itinerary.) I have been using SkyScanner for flights and I am curious about trains or busses or general transportation once in the city. Any must see spots? Good hostels? Budgets (other than flight budgets)?
All appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 4 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 5 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 6 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 7 Switzerland itinerary help
- 8 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 9 Departure Tax in UK
- 10 First time in Italy
- 11 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 12 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 13 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 14 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 15 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 16 Bank of America in Ireland?
- 17 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 18 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 19 Sept. 2016. GTG...possibly 14th-17th
- 20 Austria
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 23 Train Help
- 24 Dolomites October 14-18
- 25 Day in Dublin with Private Guide