I am in the process of planning a "backpacking" trip to Europe this summer. I have been to the UK before but not alone. I am wondering if anyone has general tips or advice. I would ideally like to hit up France, Amsterdam, Italy, Portugal, Spain if possible and/or any where in between in about 2 weeks (obviously some spots will not make the final itinerary.) I have been using SkyScanner for flights and I am curious about trains or busses or general transportation once in the city. Any must see spots? Good hostels? Budgets (other than flight budgets)?
All appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 2 Driving in Portual/Spain
- 3 How big backpack do I need?
- 4 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 5 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 6 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 9 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 10 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 11 Munich Under Attack...
- 12 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 13 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract
- 14 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 15 From Genoa to Rome...
- 16 Greece Itinerary
- 17 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 18 Spain in November
- 19 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 20 3 Days in Naples...
- 21 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 22 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 23 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 24 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 25 Dentix in Spain