I am in the process of planning a "backpacking" trip to Europe this summer. I have been to the UK before but not alone. I am wondering if anyone has general tips or advice. I would ideally like to hit up France, Amsterdam, Italy, Portugal, Spain if possible and/or any where in between in about 2 weeks (obviously some spots will not make the final itinerary.) I have been using SkyScanner for flights and I am curious about trains or busses or general transportation once in the city. Any must see spots? Good hostels? Budgets (other than flight budgets)?
All appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Safety in Rome
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Uber vs. TfL
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 6 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Athens Help
- 9 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 10 Apartment Montreux area
- 11 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 14 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 15 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 22 base in brussels
- 23 Rome or Venice first
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Berlin