I am in the process of planning a "backpacking" trip to Europe this summer. I have been to the UK before but not alone. I am wondering if anyone has general tips or advice. I would ideally like to hit up France, Amsterdam, Italy, Portugal, Spain if possible and/or any where in between in about 2 weeks (obviously some spots will not make the final itinerary.) I have been using SkyScanner for flights and I am curious about trains or busses or general transportation once in the city. Any must see spots? Good hostels? Budgets (other than flight budgets)?
All appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 2 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 3 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 4 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 5 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 6 Paris Metro
- 7 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 8 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 9 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 10 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 13 getting to CDG
- 14 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 15 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Towersey, London
- 18 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 Biarritz family holiday
- 21 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 22 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Ireland in April
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days