My husband and I are planning our first trip to Italy next September 2015 and wanted to get some advice on a possible itinerary.
First things first, you should know that we are in our mid/late 20's and are very fit and energetic. We love to get up early, walk everywhere and explore all day long. Though we enjoy some museums, we do not like to spend our whole day at them so usually we can explore a lot of ground and see a lot of sites in one day! We have both been to Europe once before (September 2013 - London, Paris, Amsterdam) so we got a little taste of exploring, seeing sites in foreign cities, taking the trains, etc. Though I know that each country/trip is very different, I just wanted to point that out.
Here is a possible itinerary we are thinking. Any advice would be really helpful and appreciated on if you think this itinerary works with timing? locations? train/transit availability?
Thurs 9/10 - Red Eye to Venice
Friday 9/11 - Arrive Venice in late evening
Saturday 9/12 - Venice
Sunday 9/13 - Venice
Monday 9/14 - Venice / Train to Florence (~4hr train?)
Tuesday 9/15 - Florence
Wednesday 9/16 - Florence (Day Trip to Pisa)
Thursday 9/17 - Florence / Train to Rome (~4hr train?)
Friday 9/18 - Rome
Saturday 9/19 - Rome
Sunday 9/20 - Rome
Monday 9/21 - Rome
Tuesday 9/22 - Rome / Train to Naples (~2hr train) / Bus or Ferry (best way to get there?) to Almafi Coast (TBD on specific location)
Wednesday 9/23 - Almafi Coast
Thursday 9/24 - Almafi Coast (Day Trip to Capri)
Friday 9/25 - Almafi Coast OR make way back to Naples
Saturday 9/26 - Fly home from Naples
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노필리핀／♛』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『♛＼슈퍼카지노
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 세븐바카라 ┗♀┫ NDS43。ZZ。AM ┣♀┓슈퍼카지노세븐바카라
- 4 Revised itinerary for italy
- 5 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 16 Juangfrau / mt
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights