My husband and I are planning our first trip to Italy next September 2015 and wanted to get some advice on a possible itinerary.
First things first, you should know that we are in our mid/late 20's and are very fit and energetic. We love to get up early, walk everywhere and explore all day long. Though we enjoy some museums, we do not like to spend our whole day at them so usually we can explore a lot of ground and see a lot of sites in one day! We have both been to Europe once before (September 2013 - London, Paris, Amsterdam) so we got a little taste of exploring, seeing sites in foreign cities, taking the trains, etc. Though I know that each country/trip is very different, I just wanted to point that out.
Here is a possible itinerary we are thinking. Any advice would be really helpful and appreciated on if you think this itinerary works with timing? locations? train/transit availability?
Thurs 9/10 - Red Eye to Venice
Friday 9/11 - Arrive Venice in late evening
Saturday 9/12 - Venice
Sunday 9/13 - Venice
Monday 9/14 - Venice / Train to Florence (~4hr train?)
Tuesday 9/15 - Florence
Wednesday 9/16 - Florence (Day Trip to Pisa)
Thursday 9/17 - Florence / Train to Rome (~4hr train?)
Friday 9/18 - Rome
Saturday 9/19 - Rome
Sunday 9/20 - Rome
Monday 9/21 - Rome
Tuesday 9/22 - Rome / Train to Naples (~2hr train) / Bus or Ferry (best way to get there?) to Almafi Coast (TBD on specific location)
Wednesday 9/23 - Almafi Coast
Thursday 9/24 - Almafi Coast (Day Trip to Capri)
Friday 9/25 - Almafi Coast OR make way back to Naples
Saturday 9/26 - Fly home from Naples
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Zurich
- 2 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 5 The DCC scam is spreading
- 6 Places to visit from Zurich
- 7 casusyazılım
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 10 Shall I buy the travel plug in advance
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 13 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 14 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 15 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 16 Porto in January
- 17 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 18 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 19 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 20 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 21 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 22 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 23 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 24 Hotel Booking Discount!
- 25 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?