I'm currently trying to plan my first ever trip to Europe. I'm thinking of spending between 21-25 days across Paris, Italy and Athens and I have no idea where to start.
I have a rough itinerary planned:
5 Days in Paris- This includes Disneyland and a day trip to Versailles. I wanted to fit a day trip to London but I dont think this is achievable without being too rushed around on the rest of my days in Paris..
4 Days in Venice- Including a day trip to Verona
3 Days in Florence- Including a day trip to Pisa
6 Days in Rome- Including a day trip to Pompeii/Naples
5 Days in Athens- Including day trips to Heraklion, Delphi and Corinth/Mycenae
+ one day either side of the trip for traveling to/from home.
Are there any cities where you would recommend spending a longer or shorter stay?
My main concern is getting to/from each of the cities. I want to spend as little time travelling between each destination and more time exploring.
Is it cheaper/more convenient to fly or train from Paris --> Venice? I'm thinking of flying from Rome to Athens and Athens to Heraklion rather than taking a ferry (as my partner gets sea sick).
As for travelling domestically within Italy, is there a pass that gives me unlimited travel within the cities AS WELL as between the cities? I don't want to be limited by being only able to travel on consecutive days or only 10 days total. Is there such thing as a monthly/fortnightly unlimited travel pass?
My trip is currently being planned for the end of April/start of May 2015. I've been trying to compare prices on travel but I've noticed that a lot of train tickets arent available yet (that far in advance). Roughly how many months beforehand do travel tickets become available to book?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 3 What Greek islands should I visit
- 4 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 5 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 6 GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (16)
- 7 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 8 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 9 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 10 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 13 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 14 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 15 cell phone companys
- 16 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 17 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 18 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 19 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 20 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 21 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 22 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 23 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 24 Affordable French language course in France?
- 25 Budapest on a budget
First ever trip to Europe- Paris, Italy and Athens... Help?!