I'm currently trying to plan my first ever trip to Europe. I'm thinking of spending between 21-25 days across Paris, Italy and Athens and I have no idea where to start.
I have a rough itinerary planned:
5 Days in Paris- This includes Disneyland and a day trip to Versailles. I wanted to fit a day trip to London but I dont think this is achievable without being too rushed around on the rest of my days in Paris..
4 Days in Venice- Including a day trip to Verona
3 Days in Florence- Including a day trip to Pisa
6 Days in Rome- Including a day trip to Pompeii/Naples
5 Days in Athens- Including day trips to Heraklion, Delphi and Corinth/Mycenae
+ one day either side of the trip for traveling to/from home.
Are there any cities where you would recommend spending a longer or shorter stay?
My main concern is getting to/from each of the cities. I want to spend as little time travelling between each destination and more time exploring.
Is it cheaper/more convenient to fly or train from Paris --> Venice? I'm thinking of flying from Rome to Athens and Athens to Heraklion rather than taking a ferry (as my partner gets sea sick).
As for travelling domestically within Italy, is there a pass that gives me unlimited travel within the cities AS WELL as between the cities? I don't want to be limited by being only able to travel on consecutive days or only 10 days total. Is there such thing as a monthly/fortnightly unlimited travel pass?
My trip is currently being planned for the end of April/start of May 2015. I've been trying to compare prices on travel but I've noticed that a lot of train tickets arent available yet (that far in advance). Roughly how many months beforehand do travel tickets become available to book?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://nutritionless.com/pure-slim-365/
- 2 Paris to Bordeaux
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 5 13 nights in switzerland
- 6 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 7 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 8 Germany-Car or Train
- 9 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 10 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 13 Language to use in Belgium
- 14 Getting around London
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 17 WWI sites
- 18 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Paris in August
- 21 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 22 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 23 Christmas in Spain
- 24 Brussels flower tapestry
- 25 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
First ever trip to Europe- Paris, Italy and Athens... Help?!