I am planning my first overseas trip to Europe. I will be going solo for 2 months. Because its my first trip solo I am going on a Contiki tour for the first two weeks of my trip to get my feet and bearings. Before Contiki I will kick around with some family in UK for 2 weeks as well. So I have 4 weeks left to really venture out by myself. (Sept/Oct)
The purpose of my trip is to check out some old buildings and sights. Not overly keen on museums but I will go to a few to immerse myself in some history.
Contiki is a slow pace tour and spends approx 2 nights in each place. I will see: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Rome.
So I am hoping for some advice on my draft itinerary (post Contiki).
- Florence: 5 nights
- Siena: 1 night
- Cinque Terre: 4 nights
- Milan: 1 night
- Venice: 3 nights
- Switzerland: 5 nights
- Zagreb: 1 nights
- Dubrovnic: 3 nights
- Budapest: 3 nights
- Barcelona: 4 nights
Does the above make sense in way of being a logical route and reasonable amount of days in each place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 2 I'm back.....
- 3 Trip Report, Madrid, Seville, Granada, Cordoba
- 4 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 5 European Championship
- 6 To europe this Aug
- 7 One week in & near Marseille
- 8 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 9 FCO connection time
- 10 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 11 Charles Degaulle question
- 12 Swiss travel pass for Munich
- 13 Italy trains question
- 14 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 15 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 16 Departure Tax in UK
- 17 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 18 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 19 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 20 Switzerland and Italy 8 days
- 21 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 22 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 23 Naples to Pompeii
- 24 12 days in Austria
- 25 Day Trips from Lisbon