I am planning my first overseas trip to Europe. I will be going solo for 2 months. Because its my first trip solo I am going on a Contiki tour for the first two weeks of my trip to get my feet and bearings. Before Contiki I will kick around with some family in UK for 2 weeks as well. So I have 4 weeks left to really venture out by myself. (Sept/Oct)
The purpose of my trip is to check out some old buildings and sights. Not overly keen on museums but I will go to a few to immerse myself in some history.
Contiki is a slow pace tour and spends approx 2 nights in each place. I will see: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Rome.
So I am hoping for some advice on my draft itinerary (post Contiki).
- Florence: 5 nights
- Siena: 1 night
- Cinque Terre: 4 nights
- Milan: 1 night
- Venice: 3 nights
- Switzerland: 5 nights
- Zagreb: 1 nights
- Dubrovnic: 3 nights
- Budapest: 3 nights
- Barcelona: 4 nights
Does the above make sense in way of being a logical route and reasonable amount of days in each place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 2 If you had four months...
- 3 italy itinerary
- 4 Rail pass question
- 5 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 6 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 7 Amalfi coast
- 8 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 11 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 12 12 days europe
- 13 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 16 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 17 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 18 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 19 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 20 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 21 Zynev is Scam? READ Before Try It
- 22 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 23 Trip Report: a Douro river cruise and Porto
- 24 Day Trips out of Portland, Dorset
- 25 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers