I am planning my first overseas trip to Europe. I will be going solo for 2 months. Because its my first trip solo I am going on a Contiki tour for the first two weeks of my trip to get my feet and bearings. Before Contiki I will kick around with some family in UK for 2 weeks as well. So I have 4 weeks left to really venture out by myself. (Sept/Oct)
The purpose of my trip is to check out some old buildings and sights. Not overly keen on museums but I will go to a few to immerse myself in some history.
Contiki is a slow pace tour and spends approx 2 nights in each place. I will see: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Rome.
So I am hoping for some advice on my draft itinerary (post Contiki).
- Florence: 5 nights
- Siena: 1 night
- Cinque Terre: 4 nights
- Milan: 1 night
- Venice: 3 nights
- Switzerland: 5 nights
- Zagreb: 1 nights
- Dubrovnic: 3 nights
- Budapest: 3 nights
- Barcelona: 4 nights
Does the above make sense in way of being a logical route and reasonable amount of days in each place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 sfo to europe
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 First Trip to Europe!
- 4 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 5 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 6 visa appointment experience
- 7 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 8 Rue des Rosiers
- 9 Holiday in Austria
- 10 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 11 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 12 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 13 Italian Riviera
- 14 Switzerland in mid-April
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 17 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 18 Hamam Istanbul?
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 21 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 23 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 24 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 25 What to take to Germany