I am planning my first overseas trip to Europe. I will be going solo for 2 months. Because its my first trip solo I am going on a Contiki tour for the first two weeks of my trip to get my feet and bearings. Before Contiki I will kick around with some family in UK for 2 weeks as well. So I have 4 weeks left to really venture out by myself. (Sept/Oct)
The purpose of my trip is to check out some old buildings and sights. Not overly keen on museums but I will go to a few to immerse myself in some history.
Contiki is a slow pace tour and spends approx 2 nights in each place. I will see: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Rome.
So I am hoping for some advice on my draft itinerary (post Contiki).
- Florence: 5 nights
- Siena: 1 night
- Cinque Terre: 4 nights
- Milan: 1 night
- Venice: 3 nights
- Switzerland: 5 nights
- Zagreb: 1 nights
- Dubrovnic: 3 nights
- Budapest: 3 nights
- Barcelona: 4 nights
Does the above make sense in way of being a logical route and reasonable amount of days in each place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 2 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 5 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 6 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 7 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 8 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 9 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 10 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 11 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 12 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 13 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 14 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 15 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 16 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 17 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 18 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 19 Italy in a week
- 20 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 24 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 25 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?