I am planning my first overseas trip to Europe. I will be going solo for 2 months. Because its my first trip solo I am going on a Contiki tour for the first two weeks of my trip to get my feet and bearings. Before Contiki I will kick around with some family in UK for 2 weeks as well. So I have 4 weeks left to really venture out by myself. (Sept/Oct)
The purpose of my trip is to check out some old buildings and sights. Not overly keen on museums but I will go to a few to immerse myself in some history.
Contiki is a slow pace tour and spends approx 2 nights in each place. I will see: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Rome.
So I am hoping for some advice on my draft itinerary (post Contiki).
- Florence: 5 nights
- Siena: 1 night
- Cinque Terre: 4 nights
- Milan: 1 night
- Venice: 3 nights
- Switzerland: 5 nights
- Zagreb: 1 nights
- Dubrovnic: 3 nights
- Budapest: 3 nights
- Barcelona: 4 nights
Does the above make sense in way of being a logical route and reasonable amount of days in each place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 2 Enjoying England for a year!
- 3 European Travel in March
- 4 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 5 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 6 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 7 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 8 Transport from Prague to Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-Romania
- 9 My First Trip to Europe...
- 10 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 11 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 12 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 13 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 14 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 15 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 16 We are back!
- 17 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 18 Our time in Rome
- 19 Europe itinerary review
- 20 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 23 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 24 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 25 Greece Itinerary