I am planning my first overseas trip to Europe. I will be going solo for 2 months. Because its my first trip solo I am going on a Contiki tour for the first two weeks of my trip to get my feet and bearings. Before Contiki I will kick around with some family in UK for 2 weeks as well. So I have 4 weeks left to really venture out by myself. (Sept/Oct)
The purpose of my trip is to check out some old buildings and sights. Not overly keen on museums but I will go to a few to immerse myself in some history.
Contiki is a slow pace tour and spends approx 2 nights in each place. I will see: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Rome.
So I am hoping for some advice on my draft itinerary (post Contiki).
- Florence: 5 nights
- Siena: 1 night
- Cinque Terre: 4 nights
- Milan: 1 night
- Venice: 3 nights
- Switzerland: 5 nights
- Zagreb: 1 nights
- Dubrovnic: 3 nights
- Budapest: 3 nights
- Barcelona: 4 nights
Does the above make sense in way of being a logical route and reasonable amount of days in each place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 2 Want to Meet the Locals? Try Camping
- 3 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 4 What type of visa is right for me?
- 5 Paris---baguette question???
- 6 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 7 Olive farm visit in Tuscany - olive harvest, oil pressing
- 8 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 9 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 10 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 11 Berlin
- 12 Glassblowing in Prague
- 13 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 14 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 15 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 16 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 17 a loss about Paris
- 18 From Barcelona to Valencia… and the not-quite-beaten path in between
- 19 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 20 Want to meet the locals? Try the bars.
- 21 Spain Andalusia Itinerary Advice
- 22 1 way ticket
- 23 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 24 Want to meet the locals? Try libraries
- 25 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes