I am planning my first overseas trip to Europe. I will be going solo for 2 months. Because its my first trip solo I am going on a Contiki tour for the first two weeks of my trip to get my feet and bearings. Before Contiki I will kick around with some family in UK for 2 weeks as well. So I have 4 weeks left to really venture out by myself. (Sept/Oct)
The purpose of my trip is to check out some old buildings and sights. Not overly keen on museums but I will go to a few to immerse myself in some history.
Contiki is a slow pace tour and spends approx 2 nights in each place. I will see: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Rome.
So I am hoping for some advice on my draft itinerary (post Contiki).
- Florence: 5 nights
- Siena: 1 night
- Cinque Terre: 4 nights
- Milan: 1 night
- Venice: 3 nights
- Switzerland: 5 nights
- Zagreb: 1 nights
- Dubrovnic: 3 nights
- Budapest: 3 nights
- Barcelona: 4 nights
Does the above make sense in way of being a logical route and reasonable amount of days in each place?
First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 22 year olds in Europe
- 2 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 3 Normandy and Loire
- 4 London neighborhood suggestions
- 5 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 6 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 7 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 8 Pyrenees logistics
- 9 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 10 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 11 5 Observations About Paris
- 12 Hotels/B&B's in Monterosso
- 13 Portugal Trip
- 14 HELP people from DONBASS!
- 15 history museums or locations
- 16 One week in Spain, late May
- 17 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 18 Northern Europe in April-May
- 19 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 20 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 21 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 22 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 23 malta
- 24 First time Ireland trip
- 25 Iwango went…to Nice