I am planning my first overseas trip to Europe. I will be going solo for 2 months. Because its my first trip solo I am going on a Contiki tour for the first two weeks of my trip to get my feet and bearings. Before Contiki I will kick around with some family in UK for 2 weeks as well. So I have 4 weeks left to really venture out by myself. (Sept/Oct)
The purpose of my trip is to check out some old buildings and sights. Not overly keen on museums but I will go to a few to immerse myself in some history.
Contiki is a slow pace tour and spends approx 2 nights in each place. I will see: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Rome.
So I am hoping for some advice on my draft itinerary (post Contiki).
- Florence: 5 nights
- Siena: 1 night
- Cinque Terre: 4 nights
- Milan: 1 night
- Venice: 3 nights
- Switzerland: 5 nights
- Zagreb: 1 nights
- Dubrovnic: 3 nights
- Budapest: 3 nights
- Barcelona: 4 nights
Does the above make sense in way of being a logical route and reasonable amount of days in each place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 2 Croatia trip Planning
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 Tour groups
- 15 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 16 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 So much to do, so little time!
- 22 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 23 Baby Milk
- 24 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy