My wife and I are planning our very first Europe Trip for June, 2016. It is probably a once in a lifetime trip for us. We are thinking to visit 5-7 places/cities, for around 2 weeks, and our budget is moderate (no crappy dorms and hostels, but cheap hotels where we can leave our luggage so we don't have to carry around are fine). I'm 24 and wife is 22.
Things we're looking for/not looking for:
- NO interest in night life culture, drinking, party scene.
- YES to historical architecture, culture, mainstream tourist spots, the "must go to" spots, great local food
Places we definitely want to hit:
- Paris (although my wife things it's overrated)
- Somewhere in Switzerland (if not too costly)
- I heard Bern is nice?
- Germany perhaps?
- And open to other recommendations
Our budget is around $3000-$4000. We'll be flying in from Chicago, USA.
I heard traveling via trains to places is a good experience/cost efficient(?)
I would love any tips, ideas. Detailed itinerary would be amazing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary questions
- 2 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 6 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 7 London Hotels
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 11 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 12 1 month in Europe
- 13 Paris hotels
- 14 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 15 10 days in Paris and......
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 19 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 22 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 23 LIsbon
- 24 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 25 Iceland in 7 days.