My wife and I are planning our very first Europe Trip for June, 2016. It is probably a once in a lifetime trip for us. We are thinking to visit 5-7 places/cities, for around 2 weeks, and our budget is moderate (no crappy dorms and hostels, but cheap hotels where we can leave our luggage so we don't have to carry around are fine). I'm 24 and wife is 22.
Things we're looking for/not looking for:
- NO interest in night life culture, drinking, party scene.
- YES to historical architecture, culture, mainstream tourist spots, the "must go to" spots, great local food
Places we definitely want to hit:
- Paris (although my wife things it's overrated)
- Somewhere in Switzerland (if not too costly)
- I heard Bern is nice?
- Germany perhaps?
- And open to other recommendations
Our budget is around $3000-$4000. We'll be flying in from Chicago, USA.
I heard traveling via trains to places is a good experience/cost efficient(?)
I would love any tips, ideas. Detailed itinerary would be amazing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway fjord
- 2 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 3 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 4 7 days in Greece
- 5 Italy
- 6 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 9 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 10 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 11 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 12 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 13 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 14 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 15 Praiana to Positano
- 16 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 17 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 18 Another Book List for Italy
- 19 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 20 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 21 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 22 3 weeks in Italy and France with 2 kids.
- 23 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 24 Venice
- 25 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites