My wife and I are planning our very first Europe Trip for June, 2016. It is probably a once in a lifetime trip for us. We are thinking to visit 5-7 places/cities, for around 2 weeks, and our budget is moderate (no crappy dorms and hostels, but cheap hotels where we can leave our luggage so we don't have to carry around are fine). I'm 24 and wife is 22.
Things we're looking for/not looking for:
- NO interest in night life culture, drinking, party scene.
- YES to historical architecture, culture, mainstream tourist spots, the "must go to" spots, great local food
Places we definitely want to hit:
- Paris (although my wife things it's overrated)
- Somewhere in Switzerland (if not too costly)
- I heard Bern is nice?
- Germany perhaps?
- And open to other recommendations
Our budget is around $3000-$4000. We'll be flying in from Chicago, USA.
I heard traveling via trains to places is a good experience/cost efficient(?)
I would love any tips, ideas. Detailed itinerary would be amazing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 2 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 3 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 6 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 7 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 8 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 9 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 10 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 11 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 Switzerland
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Where to buy Saffron?
- 16 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 17 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 20 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 21 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 22 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice