This is my first time posting at this site, I hope someone can help. I will be going to Italy for the first time in a couple of weeks. I have read a lot of the advice on this website but there is one thing I cannot seem to find, so I hope you can bear with me if this seems to be an obvious question/answer.
I am going to be taking a morning train from Venice to Rome one day of my trip, and the train from Rome to Naples another day. I have heard if you book first class there is more room to keep your luggage under your seat and that it is not much more expensive than 2nd class, so I want to do this because I don't think I will be able to lift my luggage above my head. My question is (forgive me if this is obvious), when you are waiting at the train station, how do you know which car to get on. In other words how do you know that you have gotten on the first class train car?
Also I am wondering what the train station is like in terms of how far in advance I would have to get there to purchase my ticket. I was going to purchase it online in advance but I have read on here that people had problems with the trenitalia website, in fact it is confusing to me as well, so I'm wondering what the experts think.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 2 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 3 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 4 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 5 Enjoying England for a year!
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 7 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 8 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 9 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 10 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 11 SIM card
- 12 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 13 All of Spain or something else..?
- 14 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 15 RENFE error message during payment
- 16 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 17 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 18 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 19 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 20 Greece Experts
- 21 Europe itinerary review
- 22 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 23 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 24 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 25 Favorite restaurants in Paris