This is my first time posting at this site, I hope someone can help. I will be going to Italy for the first time in a couple of weeks. I have read a lot of the advice on this website but there is one thing I cannot seem to find, so I hope you can bear with me if this seems to be an obvious question/answer.
I am going to be taking a morning train from Venice to Rome one day of my trip, and the train from Rome to Naples another day. I have heard if you book first class there is more room to keep your luggage under your seat and that it is not much more expensive than 2nd class, so I want to do this because I don't think I will be able to lift my luggage above my head. My question is (forgive me if this is obvious), when you are waiting at the train station, how do you know which car to get on. In other words how do you know that you have gotten on the first class train car?
Also I am wondering what the train station is like in terms of how far in advance I would have to get there to purchase my ticket. I was going to purchase it online in advance but I have read on here that people had problems with the trenitalia website, in fact it is confusing to me as well, so I'm wondering what the experts think.
Thank you for your help.
First Class Trenitalia Italy Train Question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 5 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 6 Local Tour in Provence?
- 7 10 Hours in Brussels
- 8 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 9 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 10 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 11 Hotel in Venice
- 12 What are the best places to see in England
- 13 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 14 Transportation in Barcelona
- 15 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 16 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 17 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 18 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 19 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 20 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 21 Day trip from London to Paris
- 22 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 23 Ste Remy France
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 Europe in 21 days