This is my first time posting at this site, I hope someone can help. I will be going to Italy for the first time in a couple of weeks. I have read a lot of the advice on this website but there is one thing I cannot seem to find, so I hope you can bear with me if this seems to be an obvious question/answer.
I am going to be taking a morning train from Venice to Rome one day of my trip, and the train from Rome to Naples another day. I have heard if you book first class there is more room to keep your luggage under your seat and that it is not much more expensive than 2nd class, so I want to do this because I don't think I will be able to lift my luggage above my head. My question is (forgive me if this is obvious), when you are waiting at the train station, how do you know which car to get on. In other words how do you know that you have gotten on the first class train car?
Also I am wondering what the train station is like in terms of how far in advance I would have to get there to purchase my ticket. I was going to purchase it online in advance but I have read on here that people had problems with the trenitalia website, in fact it is confusing to me as well, so I'm wondering what the experts think.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 2 Travel vs. Babies
- 3 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 4 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 5 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 6 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 7 Which is the nearest London airport to reach loughton
- 8 What is the area around Camaiore like?
- 9 Andalucia in December
- 10 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 11 England and Wales by public transport
- 12 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 13 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 14 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 15 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 16 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 17 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 18 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 19 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 20 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 21 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 22 Vienna or Budapest?
- 23 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 24 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 25 Will you skip Vienna for other city?