This is my first time posting at this site, I hope someone can help. I will be going to Italy for the first time in a couple of weeks. I have read a lot of the advice on this website but there is one thing I cannot seem to find, so I hope you can bear with me if this seems to be an obvious question/answer.
I am going to be taking a morning train from Venice to Rome one day of my trip, and the train from Rome to Naples another day. I have heard if you book first class there is more room to keep your luggage under your seat and that it is not much more expensive than 2nd class, so I want to do this because I don't think I will be able to lift my luggage above my head. My question is (forgive me if this is obvious), when you are waiting at the train station, how do you know which car to get on. In other words how do you know that you have gotten on the first class train car?
Also I am wondering what the train station is like in terms of how far in advance I would have to get there to purchase my ticket. I was going to purchase it online in advance but I have read on here that people had problems with the trenitalia website, in fact it is confusing to me as well, so I'm wondering what the experts think.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 2 Rue des Rosiers
- 3 visa appointment experience
- 4 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 5 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 6 First Trip to Europe!
- 7 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 8 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 9 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 10 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 11 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 12 Paris Under Seige...
- 13 Brief trip report Naples
- 14 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 15 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 16 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 17 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 18 What to take to Germany
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 21 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 22 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 23 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 24 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 25 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl