This is my first time posting at this site, I hope someone can help. I will be going to Italy for the first time in a couple of weeks. I have read a lot of the advice on this website but there is one thing I cannot seem to find, so I hope you can bear with me if this seems to be an obvious question/answer.
I am going to be taking a morning train from Venice to Rome one day of my trip, and the train from Rome to Naples another day. I have heard if you book first class there is more room to keep your luggage under your seat and that it is not much more expensive than 2nd class, so I want to do this because I don't think I will be able to lift my luggage above my head. My question is (forgive me if this is obvious), when you are waiting at the train station, how do you know which car to get on. In other words how do you know that you have gotten on the first class train car?
Also I am wondering what the train station is like in terms of how far in advance I would have to get there to purchase my ticket. I was going to purchase it online in advance but I have read on here that people had problems with the trenitalia website, in fact it is confusing to me as well, so I'm wondering what the experts think.
Thank you for your help.
First Class Trenitalia Italy Train Question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall or Paris?
- 2 Apartment cooking in Paris
- 3 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 4 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 5 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 6 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 7 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 8 Amsterdam: the food : tip report day 1
- 9 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 10 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 11 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 12 spain
- 13 Help with Madrid Location
- 14 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 15 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 16 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 17 2 full days in Paris
- 18 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 19 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 20 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 21 There's No Place Like London: Part 2
- 22 Help for San Sebastian
- 23 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 24 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 25 How do you organize yourself on vacation?