This is my first time posting at this site, I hope someone can help. I will be going to Italy for the first time in a couple of weeks. I have read a lot of the advice on this website but there is one thing I cannot seem to find, so I hope you can bear with me if this seems to be an obvious question/answer.
I am going to be taking a morning train from Venice to Rome one day of my trip, and the train from Rome to Naples another day. I have heard if you book first class there is more room to keep your luggage under your seat and that it is not much more expensive than 2nd class, so I want to do this because I don't think I will be able to lift my luggage above my head. My question is (forgive me if this is obvious), when you are waiting at the train station, how do you know which car to get on. In other words how do you know that you have gotten on the first class train car?
Also I am wondering what the train station is like in terms of how far in advance I would have to get there to purchase my ticket. I was going to purchase it online in advance but I have read on here that people had problems with the trenitalia website, in fact it is confusing to me as well, so I'm wondering what the experts think.
Thank you for your help.
First Class Trenitalia Italy Train Question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 3 France,Spain,Italy
- 4 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 5 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Scotland November 2015
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 10 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 11 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 12 Which european city?
- 13 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 14 Portugal Trip
- 15 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 16 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 17 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 18 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 19 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 20 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 21 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 22 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 23 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 24 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 25 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?