This is my first time posting at this site, I hope someone can help. I will be going to Italy for the first time in a couple of weeks. I have read a lot of the advice on this website but there is one thing I cannot seem to find, so I hope you can bear with me if this seems to be an obvious question/answer.
I am going to be taking a morning train from Venice to Rome one day of my trip, and the train from Rome to Naples another day. I have heard if you book first class there is more room to keep your luggage under your seat and that it is not much more expensive than 2nd class, so I want to do this because I don't think I will be able to lift my luggage above my head. My question is (forgive me if this is obvious), when you are waiting at the train station, how do you know which car to get on. In other words how do you know that you have gotten on the first class train car?
Also I am wondering what the train station is like in terms of how far in advance I would have to get there to purchase my ticket. I was going to purchase it online in advance but I have read on here that people had problems with the trenitalia website, in fact it is confusing to me as well, so I'm wondering what the experts think.
Thank you for your help.
First Class Trenitalia Italy Train Question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 2 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 3 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 4 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 5 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 6 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 7 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 8 South of Switzerland
- 9 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 10 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 11 Home Base in Belgium
- 12 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 13 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 14 Rocamaxour
- 15 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 16 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 17 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Itinerary for Spain
- 20 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 21 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 22 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 23 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 24 2 different itineraries
- 25 Recommend a tour company?