This is my first time posting at this site, I hope someone can help. I will be going to Italy for the first time in a couple of weeks. I have read a lot of the advice on this website but there is one thing I cannot seem to find, so I hope you can bear with me if this seems to be an obvious question/answer.
I am going to be taking a morning train from Venice to Rome one day of my trip, and the train from Rome to Naples another day. I have heard if you book first class there is more room to keep your luggage under your seat and that it is not much more expensive than 2nd class, so I want to do this because I don't think I will be able to lift my luggage above my head. My question is (forgive me if this is obvious), when you are waiting at the train station, how do you know which car to get on. In other words how do you know that you have gotten on the first class train car?
Also I am wondering what the train station is like in terms of how far in advance I would have to get there to purchase my ticket. I was going to purchase it online in advance but I have read on here that people had problems with the trenitalia website, in fact it is confusing to me as well, so I'm wondering what the experts think.
Thank you for your help.
First Class Trenitalia Italy Train Question
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 4 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Which travel plan?
- 7 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 8 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 9 Madrid to Sevilla
- 10 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 11 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 15 London at Easter
- 16 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 17 Prague - must see
- 18 Travel by train or bus
- 19 Car in Prague
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 24 Family European winter holiday
- 25 Planning a holiday