I'm in the process of researching a trip to Europe for June/July 2016. One of our chosen destinations is Alsace. We will use Strasbourg as a base and have plans to visit several of the small towns and villages in the area. On one day we plan to visit the Le Struthof, Obernai, and Mont Sainte Odile Convent. While researching a place to have lunch I stumbled onto Auberge de Charonniere in Bellefosse. The reviews are all in French, but using Google Translate, I found a couple of references to a "fire field". One person said, "We visited Struthof, then fire in the field...." someone else mentioned the that Auberge de la Charbonniere is "near the fire field'....
I tried Google, but wasn't able to figure out what the "fire field" is. We are lovers of history, scenic beauty, food, and wine. I certainly don't want to miss anything of interest if we are 'that close'. Can anyone offer any guidance or insight?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Europcar!
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 Scotland - We're Here!
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 8 Couscous
- 9 European Vacation 2017
- 10 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 11 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 12 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 13 Naples + Walking Tour
- 14 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 16 days in France and Italy
- 18 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 19 One July night in Verona - help!
- 20 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 22 London in September
- 23 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 24 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 25 IWM