I'm in the process of researching a trip to Europe for June/July 2016. One of our chosen destinations is Alsace. We will use Strasbourg as a base and have plans to visit several of the small towns and villages in the area. On one day we plan to visit the Le Struthof, Obernai, and Mont Sainte Odile Convent. While researching a place to have lunch I stumbled onto Auberge de Charonniere in Bellefosse. The reviews are all in French, but using Google Translate, I found a couple of references to a "fire field". One person said, "We visited Struthof, then fire in the field...." someone else mentioned the that Auberge de la Charbonniere is "near the fire field'....
I tried Google, but wasn't able to figure out what the "fire field" is. We are lovers of history, scenic beauty, food, and wine. I certainly don't want to miss anything of interest if we are 'that close'. Can anyone offer any guidance or insight?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 2 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 3 Croatia Ferry Help
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 getting to CDG
- 7 Ireland hotel questions
- 8 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 12 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 13 Switzerland in November?
- 14 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Barcelona cooking classes
- 20 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 4 days itinerary for France
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 3-4 days Netherland trip