I'm in the process of researching a trip to Europe for June/July 2016. One of our chosen destinations is Alsace. We will use Strasbourg as a base and have plans to visit several of the small towns and villages in the area. On one day we plan to visit the Le Struthof, Obernai, and Mont Sainte Odile Convent. While researching a place to have lunch I stumbled onto Auberge de Charonniere in Bellefosse. The reviews are all in French, but using Google Translate, I found a couple of references to a "fire field". One person said, "We visited Struthof, then fire in the field...." someone else mentioned the that Auberge de la Charbonniere is "near the fire field'....
I tried Google, but wasn't able to figure out what the "fire field" is. We are lovers of history, scenic beauty, food, and wine. I certainly don't want to miss anything of interest if we are 'that close'. Can anyone offer any guidance or insight?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 2 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 3 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 4 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 5 Swiss Travel Pass
- 6 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 7 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 8 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 9 Athens
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 12 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 13 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 14 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 15 Petrol in Greece
- 16 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 17 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 18 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 19 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 20 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 21 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 22 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 23 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 24 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 25 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???