I'm in the process of researching a trip to Europe for June/July 2016. One of our chosen destinations is Alsace. We will use Strasbourg as a base and have plans to visit several of the small towns and villages in the area. On one day we plan to visit the Le Struthof, Obernai, and Mont Sainte Odile Convent. While researching a place to have lunch I stumbled onto Auberge de Charonniere in Bellefosse. The reviews are all in French, but using Google Translate, I found a couple of references to a "fire field". One person said, "We visited Struthof, then fire in the field...." someone else mentioned the that Auberge de la Charbonniere is "near the fire field'....
I tried Google, but wasn't able to figure out what the "fire field" is. We are lovers of history, scenic beauty, food, and wine. I certainly don't want to miss anything of interest if we are 'that close'. Can anyone offer any guidance or insight?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 2 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 3 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 4 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 5 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 6 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 7 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 8 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 9 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 10 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 13 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 14 Spain in November
- 15 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 17 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 18 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 19 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 20 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 21 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 22 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 23 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 24 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 25 Driving in Saint Emilion