I'm in the process of researching a trip to Europe for June/July 2016. One of our chosen destinations is Alsace. We will use Strasbourg as a base and have plans to visit several of the small towns and villages in the area. On one day we plan to visit the Le Struthof, Obernai, and Mont Sainte Odile Convent. While researching a place to have lunch I stumbled onto Auberge de Charonniere in Bellefosse. The reviews are all in French, but using Google Translate, I found a couple of references to a "fire field". One person said, "We visited Struthof, then fire in the field...." someone else mentioned the that Auberge de la Charbonniere is "near the fire field'....
I tried Google, but wasn't able to figure out what the "fire field" is. We are lovers of history, scenic beauty, food, and wine. I certainly don't want to miss anything of interest if we are 'that close'. Can anyone offer any guidance or insight?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 2 PARIS
- 3 First Solo Adventure
- 4 First Solo Adventure
- 5 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 6 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 7 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 8 Where should I go with my family?
- 9 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 10 Stu Tower
- 11 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 14 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 15 Which Hotel in Rome
- 16 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 17 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 18 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 21 SE ITALY
- 22 Crete Holiday
- 23 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 24 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 25 Maybe your worst nighmare...