I'm looking to book at ticket US to London and then flying out of Paris the first two weeks of September. I'm traveling with a friend who is coming from Chicago. I'll be flying out of DC. The best deal I've found so far is with Finn Air (from Chicago) at $744 with stops in Helsinki there and back. Looks like a longer layover (5 and 8 hrs). From DC I've found a flight with Icelandair for $709. The flight requires a 8 hr layover in Iceland and then a 1 hour layover coming back in Iceland again.
I'm a little worried about the 1 hour layover back, but I'm willing to gamble for such a good deal.
Can anyone share their experiences with FinnAir and Icelandair? With such a cheap fare am I missing something? Does anyone think I'll find a cheaper fare? The only downside to the FinnAir ticket I see...it's an economy saver ticket so you can't make changes to it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 2 Oxford England Accommodations
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 5 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 6 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 7 Croatia transportation question.
- 8 Places of interest
- 9 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 10 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 11 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 A Month stay in Southern France
- 16 vienna
- 17 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 20 Ireland hotel questions
- 21 Questions about Polish sights
- 22 Croatia Ferry Help
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden