T-minus 38 days!!!
In case you haven't read my other post, DH and I are headed to Italy for the first time for 19 days (including travel, so 17 nights total). We leave in just over a month, and I think we finally have everything sorted out. At this point, we're pleased with the number of nights in each city, accommodations and some MINI Fares are booked so I'm not looking back.
This is segment 3 of 6. I realize from searching other posts that it would be easier to follow if I have separate posts for each city (and I tend to be quite wordy, I'm sorry in advance). This post will focus on getting to Italy and our 3 nights in Florence.
I think I've pretty much organized our daily itineraries, but that is the area where I'm looking for the advice and comments for the wise Fodorites
And yes, I know that no matter what I do there will be days that don't go according to my plan. That's perfectly fine, I can handle that. I just like to be planned and organized because IME its been easier to get back on track when things go wrong, or when we decide to deviate from "the plan".
Also, any dining recommendations are welcome, and wanted, as well. DH and I enjoy all types of food (I dislike the term, but I suppose we're foodies), but we like to try to find food that is authentic to the areas we're in.
Ok, here we go:
Venice to Florence by train - arrive 11:30am
Check into Alloro B&B for 3 nights
Wander somewhere for lunch
2:30 - 4:30 Wine & Cheese tasting at Pitti Gola Wine Bar
Piazzale Michelangelo (Dinner recommendation nearby wanted!)
9:15 - 12:15 Florence Walk with ArtViva (Duomo, Baptistry, Bell Tower, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, ect.)
1:45 - 3:45 Uffizi Gallery tour
Just enjoy Florence - Wander, shop, find a nice cafe, etc.
Santa Maria Novella Pharmacy
4:30 1-hour Accademia Tour
Leave for Monterosso
DH and I aren't huge art people. We can certainly enjoy a museum, but we're more into history than art. I didn't include the Bargello because I was afraid it may be too much. Is that a mistake?
Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art
- 3 Beauty of Bruges and Brussels
- 4 B&Bs in Ireland
- 5 Zadar or Sibenik
- 6 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 7 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 8 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 9 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 12 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 15 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 16 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 17 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 18 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 19 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 20 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 21 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 22 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 23 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 24 Milos beach stay
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
T-minus 38 days!!!