T-minus 38 days!!!
In case you haven't read my other post, DH and I are headed to Italy for the first time for 19 days (including travel, so 17 nights total). We leave in just over a month, and I think we finally have everything sorted out. At this point, we're pleased with the number of nights in each city, accommodations and some MINI Fares are booked so I'm not looking back.
This is segment 3 of 6. I realize from searching other posts that it would be easier to follow if I have separate posts for each city (and I tend to be quite wordy, I'm sorry in advance). This post will focus on getting to Italy and our 3 nights in Florence.
I think I've pretty much organized our daily itineraries, but that is the area where I'm looking for the advice and comments for the wise Fodorites
And yes, I know that no matter what I do there will be days that don't go according to my plan. That's perfectly fine, I can handle that. I just like to be planned and organized because IME its been easier to get back on track when things go wrong, or when we decide to deviate from "the plan".
Also, any dining recommendations are welcome, and wanted, as well. DH and I enjoy all types of food (I dislike the term, but I suppose we're foodies), but we like to try to find food that is authentic to the areas we're in.
Ok, here we go:
Venice to Florence by train - arrive 11:30am
Check into Alloro B&B for 3 nights
Wander somewhere for lunch
2:30 - 4:30 Wine & Cheese tasting at Pitti Gola Wine Bar
Piazzale Michelangelo (Dinner recommendation nearby wanted!)
9:15 - 12:15 Florence Walk with ArtViva (Duomo, Baptistry, Bell Tower, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, ect.)
1:45 - 3:45 Uffizi Gallery tour
Just enjoy Florence - Wander, shop, find a nice cafe, etc.
Santa Maria Novella Pharmacy
4:30 1-hour Accademia Tour
Leave for Monterosso
DH and I aren't huge art people. We can certainly enjoy a museum, but we're more into history than art. I didn't include the Bargello because I was afraid it may be too much. Is that a mistake?
Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance for your advice.
Fine tuning our 19-day itinerary - Segment 3: Florence
T-minus 38 days!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 2 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 3 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 4 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 5 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 10 Which european city?
- 11 Southern Spain
- 12 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 13 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 14 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 15 Scotland November 2015
- 16 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 17 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 18 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 19 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 20 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 21 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 22 Italy Countryside
- 23 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 24 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 25 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?