T-minus 38 days!!!
In case you haven't read my other post, DH and I are headed to Italy for the first time for 19 days (including travel, so 17 nights total). We leave in just over a month, and I think we finally have everything sorted out. At this point, we're pleased with the number of nights in each city, accommodations and some MINI Fares are booked so I'm not looking back.
This is segment 3 of 6. I realize from searching other posts that it would be easier to follow if I have separate posts for each city (and I tend to be quite wordy, I'm sorry in advance). This post will focus on getting to Italy and our 3 nights in Florence.
I think I've pretty much organized our daily itineraries, but that is the area where I'm looking for the advice and comments for the wise Fodorites
And yes, I know that no matter what I do there will be days that don't go according to my plan. That's perfectly fine, I can handle that. I just like to be planned and organized because IME its been easier to get back on track when things go wrong, or when we decide to deviate from "the plan".
Also, any dining recommendations are welcome, and wanted, as well. DH and I enjoy all types of food (I dislike the term, but I suppose we're foodies), but we like to try to find food that is authentic to the areas we're in.
Ok, here we go:
Venice to Florence by train - arrive 11:30am
Check into Alloro B&B for 3 nights
Wander somewhere for lunch
2:30 - 4:30 Wine & Cheese tasting at Pitti Gola Wine Bar
Piazzale Michelangelo (Dinner recommendation nearby wanted!)
9:15 - 12:15 Florence Walk with ArtViva (Duomo, Baptistry, Bell Tower, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, ect.)
1:45 - 3:45 Uffizi Gallery tour
Just enjoy Florence - Wander, shop, find a nice cafe, etc.
Santa Maria Novella Pharmacy
4:30 1-hour Accademia Tour
Leave for Monterosso
DH and I aren't huge art people. We can certainly enjoy a museum, but we're more into history than art. I didn't include the Bargello because I was afraid it may be too much. Is that a mistake?
Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 2 Georgia in 4 days
- 3 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 4 Where should I go with my family?
- 5 First Solo Adventure
- 6 First Solo Adventure
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 9 PARIS
- 10 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 14 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 15 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 16 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 17 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Stu Tower
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 23 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 24 Which Hotel in Rome
- 25 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
T-minus 38 days!!!