T-minus 38 days!!!
In case you haven't read my other post, DH and I are headed to Italy for the first time for 19 days (including travel, so 17 nights total). We leave in just over a month, and I think we finally have everything sorted out. At this point, we're pleased with the number of nights in each city, accommodations and some MINI Fares are booked so I'm not looking back.
This is segment 3 of 6. I realize from searching other posts that it would be easier to follow if I have separate posts for each city (and I tend to be quite wordy, I'm sorry in advance). This post will focus on getting to Italy and our 3 nights in Florence.
I think I've pretty much organized our daily itineraries, but that is the area where I'm looking for the advice and comments for the wise Fodorites
And yes, I know that no matter what I do there will be days that don't go according to my plan. That's perfectly fine, I can handle that. I just like to be planned and organized because IME its been easier to get back on track when things go wrong, or when we decide to deviate from "the plan".
Also, any dining recommendations are welcome, and wanted, as well. DH and I enjoy all types of food (I dislike the term, but I suppose we're foodies), but we like to try to find food that is authentic to the areas we're in.
Ok, here we go:
Venice to Florence by train - arrive 11:30am
Check into Alloro B&B for 3 nights
Wander somewhere for lunch
2:30 - 4:30 Wine & Cheese tasting at Pitti Gola Wine Bar
Piazzale Michelangelo (Dinner recommendation nearby wanted!)
9:15 - 12:15 Florence Walk with ArtViva (Duomo, Baptistry, Bell Tower, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, ect.)
1:45 - 3:45 Uffizi Gallery tour
Just enjoy Florence - Wander, shop, find a nice cafe, etc.
Santa Maria Novella Pharmacy
4:30 1-hour Accademia Tour
Leave for Monterosso
DH and I aren't huge art people. We can certainly enjoy a museum, but we're more into history than art. I didn't include the Bargello because I was afraid it may be too much. Is that a mistake?
Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance for your advice.
Fine tuning our 19-day itinerary - Segment 3: Florence
T-minus 38 days!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 2 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 3 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 4 England in 7 days
- 5 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 6 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 7 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 8 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 9 Dordogne markets
- 10 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 11 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest
- 12 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 13 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 14 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 15 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 16 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 17 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 18 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 19 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 20 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 21 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 22 Rocamaxour
- 23 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 24 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 25 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS