T-minus 38 days!!!
In case you haven't read my other post, DH and I are headed to Italy for the first time for 19 days (including travel, so 17 nights total). We leave in just over a month, and I think we finally have everything sorted out. At this point, we're pleased with the number of nights in each city, accommodations and some MINI Fares are booked so I'm not looking back.
This is segment 3 of 6. I realize from searching other posts that it would be easier to follow if I have separate posts for each city (and I tend to be quite wordy, I'm sorry in advance). This post will focus on getting to Italy and our 3 nights in Florence.
I think I've pretty much organized our daily itineraries, but that is the area where I'm looking for the advice and comments for the wise Fodorites
And yes, I know that no matter what I do there will be days that don't go according to my plan. That's perfectly fine, I can handle that. I just like to be planned and organized because IME its been easier to get back on track when things go wrong, or when we decide to deviate from "the plan".
Also, any dining recommendations are welcome, and wanted, as well. DH and I enjoy all types of food (I dislike the term, but I suppose we're foodies), but we like to try to find food that is authentic to the areas we're in.
Ok, here we go:
Venice to Florence by train - arrive 11:30am
Check into Alloro B&B for 3 nights
Wander somewhere for lunch
2:30 - 4:30 Wine & Cheese tasting at Pitti Gola Wine Bar
Piazzale Michelangelo (Dinner recommendation nearby wanted!)
9:15 - 12:15 Florence Walk with ArtViva (Duomo, Baptistry, Bell Tower, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, ect.)
1:45 - 3:45 Uffizi Gallery tour
Just enjoy Florence - Wander, shop, find a nice cafe, etc.
Santa Maria Novella Pharmacy
4:30 1-hour Accademia Tour
Leave for Monterosso
DH and I aren't huge art people. We can certainly enjoy a museum, but we're more into history than art. I didn't include the Bargello because I was afraid it may be too much. Is that a mistake?
Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance for your advice.
Fine tuning our 19-day itinerary - Segment 3: Florence
T-minus 38 days!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 2 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 3 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 4 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 5 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 UK for 12 days !
- 8 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 9 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 10 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 11 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 12 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 13 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 14 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 15 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 16 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 9 days in turkey
- 19 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 20 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 21 Nice Video about Poland
- 22 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 23 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 24 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 25 France/Italy Itinerary Check