My fiance and I seek a romantic, quiet, small village in Italy to get married next February. We shall be bringing around 20-30 guests and hope to find a lovely villa or agriturismo to accommodate us for a week. Ideally, the facility would offer dinner options as well as breakfast.
A small church is what we desire, the Groom is Catholic, the Bride Protestant. We want to bring our families and closest friends together as we start our life together and want this to be a truly holy ceremony, a celebration of Faith and Love.
We envision a romantic small town where we can walk to the church and then to a reception. I don't want to get married at the local city hall, although, having seen many of them know them to be lovely.
This precious small town would also be located on or near a train line so family members may go to Siena, Florence, Rome or other destinations during our week together.
Many family members have traveled in Italy and Europe as well as the MidEast. Some haven't traveled far from the US. The ages vary but all revel in travel and meeting new people and discovering more of another culture.
My fiance and I have been to Italy many times, separately, and both love it. We have been virtually all over Italy, to include Sicily. We like the idea of finding a home in Abruzzo someday as we love to sail and would like proximity to the sea. Italy is in our soul and we just want to start our life together there.
We are not concerned about the marriage logistics, we've researched them and think they are doable. We simply ask for ideas on finding this precious little village, off the beaten path, that is located near enough to Rome and Florence with a charming villa and ideas on drivers and your favorite family Italian restaurants. .
The latter part of February is the time frame. We will be buying the airline tickets for most of the group. Any help is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Electrical Power Conversion
Finally! It's a Wedding in Abruzzo/Tuscany! Hoping for your input!