My fiance and I seek a romantic, quiet, small village in Italy to get married next February. We shall be bringing around 20-30 guests and hope to find a lovely villa or agriturismo to accommodate us for a week. Ideally, the facility would offer dinner options as well as breakfast.
A small church is what we desire, the Groom is Catholic, the Bride Protestant. We want to bring our families and closest friends together as we start our life together and want this to be a truly holy ceremony, a celebration of Faith and Love.
We envision a romantic small town where we can walk to the church and then to a reception. I don't want to get married at the local city hall, although, having seen many of them know them to be lovely.
This precious small town would also be located on or near a train line so family members may go to Siena, Florence, Rome or other destinations during our week together.
Many family members have traveled in Italy and Europe as well as the MidEast. Some haven't traveled far from the US. The ages vary but all revel in travel and meeting new people and discovering more of another culture.
My fiance and I have been to Italy many times, separately, and both love it. We have been virtually all over Italy, to include Sicily. We like the idea of finding a home in Abruzzo someday as we love to sail and would like proximity to the sea. Italy is in our soul and we just want to start our life together there.
We are not concerned about the marriage logistics, we've researched them and think they are doable. We simply ask for ideas on finding this precious little village, off the beaten path, that is located near enough to Rome and Florence with a charming villa and ideas on drivers and your favorite family Italian restaurants. .
The latter part of February is the time frame. We will be buying the airline tickets for most of the group. Any help is appreciated!
Finally! It's a Wedding in Abruzzo/Tuscany! Hoping for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 2 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 3 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 4 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 5 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 6 Rome to Amafi coast
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 8 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 9 Where to stay on Lake Como with Car
- 10 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 11 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 12 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?
- 13 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 14 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 15 Terrorism in Europe
- 16 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 17 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 18 Language Camp ANTALYA
- 19 How much luggage?????
- 20 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 21 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 22 Cornwall or Paris?
- 23 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 24 Help with France itinerary
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!