My husband and I are in our mid 60s and making our first trip trip to Switzerland for 8 days in early September. With lots of help from these forums, I’ve got our plans pretty well laid out, but further suggestions would be most welcome.
We enjoy hiking and taking in all the gorgeous scenery. Throw in a bit of adventure. We’re neither big city people nor into museums.
Here’s our itinerary:
Fly into Zurich 8 am Wed morning and head directly for Luzern.
Luzerne 2 nights
Wengen 5 nights
Vevay 1 night
Catch 11:30 am flight to Genvea
Thinking that might need to keep activities light as recuperating from jet lag
Mt. Rigi with steamer boat trip to Vitznau and return via Weggis and train back
Enjoying the sights of Luzern
Considering Stadtkeller for Swedish folk music (will I hear it elsewhere?)
A number of hikes/walks including:
Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidgg
Lauterbrunn to Trummelbach Falls
Grutschalp to Murren and combine with North Face Trail
Schynige Platte to First
Hike around Lake Bachalpsee
Trips up to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn – weather permitting
Boat trip to Brienz and enjoy woodcarving town
Trotti bikes down to Grindlewald
Day trip to Bern for rainy day activity
Goldnpass route to Montreux with side trip stop to Gruyeres – possibly cheese and chocolate tour nearby
Castle de Chillon
We are planning on buying the Half Fare Card. I have seen that Bernese Oberland pass has been offered at 2 for 1 in September. Is this something that they do every year?
What is the likelihood that I might see a cheese making operation outside of the factory tour in Gruyere’s?
With my last day being pretty full, should I change out the chocolate show in Interlaken for the chocolate shop at LeBroc?
Are my plans doable?
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 2 One week in Europe
- 3 Positano or Sorrento?
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Switzerland in September
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 My final Prague itinerary
- 9 Last minute trip to Capri
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 Globus Iberian Tour
- 13 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 14 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 15 13 nights in switzerland
- 16 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 17 Earthquake near Naples
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 London Theater
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 24 Munich itinerary review
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip