I've posted previously and received much help (although we have since deviated somewhat) which was appreciated. I was hoping that I could ask for help once more with finalising our month-long France itinerary which looks like this:
3 nights Paris (then train to Aix-en-Provence, pick up hire car and then drive to Bargemon)
4 nights Bargemon
1 week Antibes
1 week Bonnieux
****8 nights – undecided ??
1 night Paris
We are stuck on where to spend our final week/8 days.
We are two adults and two children (3yo and 6yo).
We will be in Bonnieux and will eventually need to be in Paris to fly home. We have 8 days to play with. We will have a hire car but for ease of travel would be willing to relinquish car to take the train, and then pick up another hire car.
Splitting the 8 days between two locations is also a possibility.
As we will be spending so much of our trip already in Provence, we are keen to explore an area with different architecture/landscape.
We are hoping to avoid places/regions we have visited previously:
- Around Loches (Loire) – loved!
- St Emilion (Bordeaux) – loved!
- Carcasson – did not enjoy (too touristy)
- Beaune (Burgundy) – loved!
- Champagne region – mostly enjoyed.
- Luberon (we are returning to as we loved it so much)
Also, for a few reasons we are not keen to visit the west-coast.
We don’t have any out of the ordinary interests. We do enjoy wine, walking/biking, boat trips, (we are quite active, well as active as those travelling with young children can be). Mostly we like driving around and exploring towns/soaking up atmosphere. Museums/galleries are not of importance at this stage due to travelling with young children. Interesting towns/landscape is what we are looking for (pretty general I know).
If anyone, based on the information above, has any areas/regions they could recommend (or any other guidance) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renewal@: AVG Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1'800'681'7208 avg*24*7
- 2 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 5 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 6 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 7 Scotland - We're Here!
- 8 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Avoid Europcar!
- 11 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Paris for children
- 14 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 15 Couscous
- 16 European Vacation 2017
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 19 Naples + Walking Tour
- 20 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 21 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 22 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 23 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 24 One July night in Verona - help!
- 25 London in September