I've posted previously and received much help (although we have since deviated somewhat) which was appreciated. I was hoping that I could ask for help once more with finalising our month-long France itinerary which looks like this:
3 nights Paris (then train to Aix-en-Provence, pick up hire car and then drive to Bargemon)
4 nights Bargemon
1 week Antibes
1 week Bonnieux
****8 nights – undecided ??
1 night Paris
We are stuck on where to spend our final week/8 days.
We are two adults and two children (3yo and 6yo).
We will be in Bonnieux and will eventually need to be in Paris to fly home. We have 8 days to play with. We will have a hire car but for ease of travel would be willing to relinquish car to take the train, and then pick up another hire car.
Splitting the 8 days between two locations is also a possibility.
As we will be spending so much of our trip already in Provence, we are keen to explore an area with different architecture/landscape.
We are hoping to avoid places/regions we have visited previously:
- Around Loches (Loire) – loved!
- St Emilion (Bordeaux) – loved!
- Carcasson – did not enjoy (too touristy)
- Beaune (Burgundy) – loved!
- Champagne region – mostly enjoyed.
- Luberon (we are returning to as we loved it so much)
Also, for a few reasons we are not keen to visit the west-coast.
We don’t have any out of the ordinary interests. We do enjoy wine, walking/biking, boat trips, (we are quite active, well as active as those travelling with young children can be). Mostly we like driving around and exploring towns/soaking up atmosphere. Museums/galleries are not of importance at this stage due to travelling with young children. Interesting towns/landscape is what we are looking for (pretty general I know).
If anyone, based on the information above, has any areas/regions they could recommend (or any other guidance) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 5 Jewish Vienna
- 6 Short time in Vienna
- 7 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 8 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 9 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 10 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 11 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 12 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 13 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 16 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 17 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 18 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 19 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 20 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 24 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 25 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales