I've posted previously and received much help (although we have since deviated somewhat) which was appreciated. I was hoping that I could ask for help once more with finalising our month-long France itinerary which looks like this:
3 nights Paris (then train to Aix-en-Provence, pick up hire car and then drive to Bargemon)
4 nights Bargemon
1 week Antibes
1 week Bonnieux
****8 nights – undecided ??
1 night Paris
We are stuck on where to spend our final week/8 days.
We are two adults and two children (3yo and 6yo).
We will be in Bonnieux and will eventually need to be in Paris to fly home. We have 8 days to play with. We will have a hire car but for ease of travel would be willing to relinquish car to take the train, and then pick up another hire car.
Splitting the 8 days between two locations is also a possibility.
As we will be spending so much of our trip already in Provence, we are keen to explore an area with different architecture/landscape.
We are hoping to avoid places/regions we have visited previously:
- Around Loches (Loire) – loved!
- St Emilion (Bordeaux) – loved!
- Carcasson – did not enjoy (too touristy)
- Beaune (Burgundy) – loved!
- Champagne region – mostly enjoyed.
- Luberon (we are returning to as we loved it so much)
Also, for a few reasons we are not keen to visit the west-coast.
We don’t have any out of the ordinary interests. We do enjoy wine, walking/biking, boat trips, (we are quite active, well as active as those travelling with young children can be). Mostly we like driving around and exploring towns/soaking up atmosphere. Museums/galleries are not of importance at this stage due to travelling with young children. Interesting towns/landscape is what we are looking for (pretty general I know).
If anyone, based on the information above, has any areas/regions they could recommend (or any other guidance) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 dinner jackets
- 2 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 3 Garda Land
- 4 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 5 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 6 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 7 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 8 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 12 Hotel St. Petersburg
- 13 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 14 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 15 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 16 Dublin Leap Card
- 17 Vatican City questions
- 18 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 19 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 20 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 21 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 22 Piedmont as a destination
- 23 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 24 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 25 2 weeks Europe trip