Day 1 We arv Berlin @12:45
Day 2 Museum Island
Day 3 Berlin, adult daughter arrives in the afternoon
Day 4- walking tour and other Berlin sights
Day 5-Berlin underground tour and other sights
Day 6- Berlin sights
Day 7- Train to Dresden
Day 8 Dresden, Royal Palace and Green Vault,Christmas Market starts
Day 9 train to Bamberg, explore Bamberg
Day 10 daytrip on train to Wurzburg or Nurnburg
Day 11 Early Train to Munich-
DAy 12 visit Dachau
DAy 13 Munich-tour Deutsches and maybe City Walk
Day 14 Pick up car and drive to Linderhof,Wieskirche and either Obermmergau or Mittenwald
Day 15 Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau
DAy 16 - to Rothenburg (maybe stop in Dinkelsbuhl enroute)
Day 17- morning in Rothenburg and then to Rudesheim
Day 18 Rheinfels Castle and Marksburg to Frankfurt
Day 19 fly out at 7:20
Some of you had said to add a day to Munich so I have. Now what are your thoughts on DAy 10 of either Wurzburg or Nurnburg. I wish I could just wait and organize this when we are there but it sound like train travel is considerably more if I wait till the last minute and don't have a rail pass.
The only other possible change is to go from Bamburg to Wurzburg by train , leave our luggage at the station and then after our visit take the train to Rothenburg. Then we would take the train from Rothenburg to Munich.This would probably mean 2 nights in Rothenburg instead of Bamburg. The only advantage of this is that we would not need to drive into Rothenburg. What is it like to drive into Rothenburg and Bamburg? Thoughts??? Thank you for all of your help, I am ready to get hotels booked.
final tweak for Germany Itinerary
Day 1 We arv Berlin @12:45
- 1 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 2 Northern Italy
- 3 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 4 Pre-paid SIM card at Munich Airport
- 5 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 6 Bellevue House in Florence Contact ?
- 7 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 8 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 9 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 10 Drive Rome Florence
- 11 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 12 Which tour company would be best?
- 13 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 14 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 15 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 16 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 17 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 18 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 19 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 20 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 21 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 22 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 23 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 24 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 25 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations