Day 1 We arv Berlin @12:45
Day 2 Museum Island
Day 3 Berlin, adult daughter arrives in the afternoon
Day 4- walking tour and other Berlin sights
Day 5-Berlin underground tour and other sights
Day 6- Berlin sights
Day 7- Train to Dresden
Day 8 Dresden, Royal Palace and Green Vault,Christmas Market starts
Day 9 train to Bamberg, explore Bamberg
Day 10 daytrip on train to Wurzburg or Nurnburg
Day 11 Early Train to Munich-
DAy 12 visit Dachau
DAy 13 Munich-tour Deutsches and maybe City Walk
Day 14 Pick up car and drive to Linderhof,Wieskirche and either Obermmergau or Mittenwald
Day 15 Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau
DAy 16 - to Rothenburg (maybe stop in Dinkelsbuhl enroute)
Day 17- morning in Rothenburg and then to Rudesheim
Day 18 Rheinfels Castle and Marksburg to Frankfurt
Day 19 fly out at 7:20
Some of you had said to add a day to Munich so I have. Now what are your thoughts on DAy 10 of either Wurzburg or Nurnburg. I wish I could just wait and organize this when we are there but it sound like train travel is considerably more if I wait till the last minute and don't have a rail pass.
The only other possible change is to go from Bamburg to Wurzburg by train , leave our luggage at the station and then after our visit take the train to Rothenburg. Then we would take the train from Rothenburg to Munich.This would probably mean 2 nights in Rothenburg instead of Bamburg. The only advantage of this is that we would not need to drive into Rothenburg. What is it like to drive into Rothenburg and Bamburg? Thoughts??? Thank you for all of your help, I am ready to get hotels booked.
final tweak for Germany Itinerary
Day 1 We arv Berlin @12:45
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 4 Air pollution in Paris
- 5 France, Italy and Greec
- 6 gites de france or agritourism
- 7 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 8 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 9 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 10 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 11 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 12 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 15 Nice or Marseille??
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 Dresden or Leipzig
- 18 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 19 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 20 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 25 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report