Day 1 We arv Berlin @12:45
Day 2 Museum Island
Day 3 Berlin, adult daughter arrives in the afternoon
Day 4- walking tour and other Berlin sights
Day 5-Berlin underground tour and other sights
Day 6- Berlin sights
Day 7- Train to Dresden
Day 8 Dresden, Royal Palace and Green Vault,Christmas Market starts
Day 9 train to Bamberg, explore Bamberg
Day 10 daytrip on train to Wurzburg or Nurnburg
Day 11 Early Train to Munich-
DAy 12 visit Dachau
DAy 13 Munich-tour Deutsches and maybe City Walk
Day 14 Pick up car and drive to Linderhof,Wieskirche and either Obermmergau or Mittenwald
Day 15 Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau
DAy 16 - to Rothenburg (maybe stop in Dinkelsbuhl enroute)
Day 17- morning in Rothenburg and then to Rudesheim
Day 18 Rheinfels Castle and Marksburg to Frankfurt
Day 19 fly out at 7:20
Some of you had said to add a day to Munich so I have. Now what are your thoughts on DAy 10 of either Wurzburg or Nurnburg. I wish I could just wait and organize this when we are there but it sound like train travel is considerably more if I wait till the last minute and don't have a rail pass.
The only other possible change is to go from Bamburg to Wurzburg by train , leave our luggage at the station and then after our visit take the train to Rothenburg. Then we would take the train from Rothenburg to Munich.This would probably mean 2 nights in Rothenburg instead of Bamburg. The only advantage of this is that we would not need to drive into Rothenburg. What is it like to drive into Rothenburg and Bamburg? Thoughts??? Thank you for all of your help, I am ready to get hotels booked.
final tweak for Germany Itinerary
Day 1 We arv Berlin @12:45
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 3 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 4 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 5 train to Vernon France
- 6 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 9 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 17 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 18 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 21 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 22 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 nearby cities to london
- 25 Hotel in Venice