Thank you all so much for your help planning this trip! Just to recap...my father, sister, brother-in-law and I surprised my mom for a big birthday with a family trip to Sicily. She has been doing a lot of family ancestry research so she is more than excited to go, especially with all of us!
Here is our (basically) finalized itinerary!!! If there is anything you see that we should change or add, I'd appreciate your help. I know it's a very full itinerary, but we like to keep busy!
Thanks again, your advice is truly appreciated!
July 8- JFK to Palermo
July 9- Arrive in Palermo (3:10pm) bus to hotel. Palermo sightseeing
July 10- bus to Monreale in am, Palermo in pm.
July 11- bus back to the airport to pick up rental car. Visit Erice (1 hr) and Segesta (35 mins) on the way to Selinunte (1hr)
July 12- drive to Montevago for research (40 mins). drive to Agrigento (2hrs)
July 13- Agrigento-valley of the temples. Drive to Porto Empedocle for research (15 mins) then Agrigento pm.
July 14- Agrigento (research). drive to Piazza Armerina (1h 40m) on the way to Syracuse (2h).
July 15- Syracuse and Ortigia and side trip to Noto (45 mins)
July 16- stop in Castelmola (1h 30m) on way to Torre Faro (1h 10m)- Mortelle beach?
July 17- hydrofoil from Milazzo (1h) to Lipari
July 18- Messina (research) and sightseeing
July 19- Taormina(1h)
July 20- Catania(50m) 11:10flight to JFK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 3 Munich itinerary review
- 4 My final Prague itinerary
- 5 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 8 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 9 weekend from cologne germany
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 3nights in Venice
- 14 multi city flights to europe
- 15 Europe itinerary questions
- 16 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 17 Earthquake near Naples
- 18 13 nights in switzerland
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 21 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 22 Football Tickets - Athens
- 23 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Salzburg itinerary review