Thank you all so much for your help planning this trip! Just to recap...my father, sister, brother-in-law and I surprised my mom for a big birthday with a family trip to Sicily. She has been doing a lot of family ancestry research so she is more than excited to go, especially with all of us!
Here is our (basically) finalized itinerary!!! If there is anything you see that we should change or add, I'd appreciate your help. I know it's a very full itinerary, but we like to keep busy!
Thanks again, your advice is truly appreciated!
July 8- JFK to Palermo
July 9- Arrive in Palermo (3:10pm) bus to hotel. Palermo sightseeing
July 10- bus to Monreale in am, Palermo in pm.
July 11- bus back to the airport to pick up rental car. Visit Erice (1 hr) and Segesta (35 mins) on the way to Selinunte (1hr)
July 12- drive to Montevago for research (40 mins). drive to Agrigento (2hrs)
July 13- Agrigento-valley of the temples. Drive to Porto Empedocle for research (15 mins) then Agrigento pm.
July 14- Agrigento (research). drive to Piazza Armerina (1h 40m) on the way to Syracuse (2h).
July 15- Syracuse and Ortigia and side trip to Noto (45 mins)
July 16- stop in Castelmola (1h 30m) on way to Torre Faro (1h 10m)- Mortelle beach?
July 17- hydrofoil from Milazzo (1h) to Lipari
July 18- Messina (research) and sightseeing
July 19- Taormina(1h)
July 20- Catania(50m) 11:10flight to JFK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 2 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 3 Venice/Mestre
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 8 auto europa or auto europe?
- 9 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 10 car insurance italy
- 11 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 12 8 Days in Spain
- 13 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 9 Days in Spain
- 18 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 19 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 20 Paris to Italy
- 21 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 24 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 25 Amsterdam