Thanks to many of you for already providing valuable insights and links to more resources for our mid-September trip (pre-cruise from Barcelona). I've booked my flights today…so on to the next step…accommodations and length of time per stop. I'd love to hear your comments about both of these…especially if you think I should spend more time somewhere and less time somewhere else. I'm particularly unclear of how to best handle French Basque area.
Here's what I'm planning to do unless convinced otherwise.
Day 1 (Thursday): Arrive Bilbao airport 1500; Hotel Miro (we're arriving after 3 flights and 19hr. 20 min total flight time so might just have enough energy for pintxos nearby)
Day 2 (Friday): see Guggenheim, maybe Art Museum, then get bus to
San Sebastian; Sercotel Codina hotel.
Day 3 (Saturday): San Sebastian; Sercotel Codina hotel; get rental car at SS airport and tour Hondaribbia in afternoon
Day 4 (Sunday) drive to St. Jean de Luz, France; La Reserve Hotel
Day 5 (Monday) St. Jean de Luz; La Reserve Hotel (visit Biarritz)
Day 6 (Tuesday) St. Jean de Luz: La Reserve Hotel (visit mountain towns) OR Ainhoa; Ithurria Hotel OR spend another night at Hotel Arche in St. Etienne de Baigorry
Day 7 (Wednesday) St. Etienne de Baigorry; Hotel Arche
Day 8 (Thursday) drive to Ainsa, Spain; Los Siete Reyes
Day 9-12 (Friday-Monday) Return car in Barcelona; Condes de Barcelona
Day 12: Depart Barcelona on a 10 day Mediterranean cruise
Thanking you in advance for taking the time to respond during this busy holiday season!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for children
- 2 Couscous
- 3 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 4 Train / Calabria
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 7 Guided Vatican Tours
- 8 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 11 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 12 London in Winter Report
- 13 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 17 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 18 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 19 IWM
- 20 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 21 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 24 quickest way to Prague
- 25 Scotland - We're Here!