My husband and I (both in our late 20s) are planning our first trip to Europe in September. I'd love to hear comments and suggestions about our itinerary.
Sept. 10: Arrive at Paris, 3pm. (Staying at Muguet Hotel) Spend the afternoon walking around the city to deal with the jetlagg (maybe do Rick Steve's Historic Walk: (Ile de la Cité, Notre-Dame, Latin Quarter y Sainte-Chapelle). Early dinner.
Sept. 11: Champs-Elysées walk ( Arc de Triomphe to Tuileries Garden), Louvre and Orsay. Take a walk in Rue Cler and buy food for a dinner picnic.
Sept. 12: Versailles. If possible, come back to do a Marais walk. Dinner on Ile St. Louis and late walk by Notre-Dame area.
Sept. 13: Disneyland day trip. (My husband has never been to Disney, and I've dreamed about going on a fun disney day trip with him before we have kids).
Sept. 14: Early walk by Rue Cler, have breakfast there and pick up food for a later lunch picnic. Eiffel tower followed by picnic. Left bank walk, and finish the day (and our days in Paris) with a Seine river cruise and dinner.
Sept. 15-17: Brugges. (Staying at Castle ten Berghe). We will only have one day and a half there, so...walk around the city, rent bikes, drink beer and eat chocolate.
Sept. 17: Train to Geneva, Switzerland. After picking up our Swiss Passes (which we have ordered and need to pick up at the airport) take a train to Montreux. Spend the afternoon there, visit the Chateau de Chillon, stroll around the lake and have a nice dinner.
Sept. 18: Golden Pass Panoramic train ride (with VIP seats) to Interlaken. Have lunch at Interlaken before heading up to Murren (staying at Eiger Guesthouse).
Sept 18-21: Spend our time exploring the Jungfrau area. (Visit to Jungfraujoch, Shlithorn (have breakfast at the Piz Gloria)) and hike around.
Sept. 21: Train to Venice via Milano. (6.5 hours). Arrive at Venice late evening.
Sept. 21-24: Spend our time in Venice, we will only get 2 full days there. Explore the city and finish with a gondola (with serenate) ride on our last night.
Sept. 24th: Head home.
PLEASE let me know if we are missing something mayor or if there's something we MUST do in any of this places. I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 2 RFID Protection
- 3 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 4 Travel WiFi - France
- 5 Beaches in Southern France
- 6 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 7 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 8 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 9 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 10 Paris to Ramstein
- 11 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 12 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 13 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 14 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 15 3 days with a Swindon base
- 16 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 17 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 18 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 19 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 20 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 21 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 22 My 3 Week Home Exchange in Iceland
- 23 3 days to spend in europe
- 24 12 days europe
- 25 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance