My husband and I (both in our late 20s) are planning our first trip to Europe in September. I'd love to hear comments and suggestions about our itinerary.
Sept. 10: Arrive at Paris, 3pm. (Staying at Muguet Hotel) Spend the afternoon walking around the city to deal with the jetlagg (maybe do Rick Steve's Historic Walk: (Ile de la Cité, Notre-Dame, Latin Quarter y Sainte-Chapelle). Early dinner.
Sept. 11: Champs-Elysées walk ( Arc de Triomphe to Tuileries Garden), Louvre and Orsay. Take a walk in Rue Cler and buy food for a dinner picnic.
Sept. 12: Versailles. If possible, come back to do a Marais walk. Dinner on Ile St. Louis and late walk by Notre-Dame area.
Sept. 13: Disneyland day trip. (My husband has never been to Disney, and I've dreamed about going on a fun disney day trip with him before we have kids).
Sept. 14: Early walk by Rue Cler, have breakfast there and pick up food for a later lunch picnic. Eiffel tower followed by picnic. Left bank walk, and finish the day (and our days in Paris) with a Seine river cruise and dinner.
Sept. 15-17: Brugges. (Staying at Castle ten Berghe). We will only have one day and a half there, so...walk around the city, rent bikes, drink beer and eat chocolate.
Sept. 17: Train to Geneva, Switzerland. After picking up our Swiss Passes (which we have ordered and need to pick up at the airport) take a train to Montreux. Spend the afternoon there, visit the Chateau de Chillon, stroll around the lake and have a nice dinner.
Sept. 18: Golden Pass Panoramic train ride (with VIP seats) to Interlaken. Have lunch at Interlaken before heading up to Murren (staying at Eiger Guesthouse).
Sept 18-21: Spend our time exploring the Jungfrau area. (Visit to Jungfraujoch, Shlithorn (have breakfast at the Piz Gloria)) and hike around.
Sept. 21: Train to Venice via Milano. (6.5 hours). Arrive at Venice late evening.
Sept. 21-24: Spend our time in Venice, we will only get 2 full days there. Explore the city and finish with a gondola (with serenate) ride on our last night.
Sept. 24th: Head home.
PLEASE let me know if we are missing something mayor or if there's something we MUST do in any of this places. I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 House Hunting in France
- 2 온라인카지노⇔❥＼【 GUT48。ZZ。AM 】＼❥⇔슈퍼카지노블온라인카지노
- 3 실시간카지노⇔❥＼【 GUT48。ZZ。AM 】＼❥⇔슈퍼카지노블실시간카지노
- 4 아시아카지노⇔❥＼【 GUT48。ZZ。AM 】＼❥⇔슈퍼카지노블아시아카지노
- 5 아시안카지노⇔❥＼【 GUT48。ZZ。AM 】＼❥⇔슈퍼카지노블아시안카지노
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Itinerary Tweaking
- 8 Itinerary Help
- 9 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 10 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 11 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 14 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 15 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 16 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 17 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 18 Amalfi Coast help
- 19 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 20 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 21 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 22 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 23 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 24 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 25 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?