My husband and I (both in our late 20s) are planning our first trip to Europe in September. I'd love to hear comments and suggestions about our itinerary.
Sept. 10: Arrive at Paris, 3pm. (Staying at Muguet Hotel) Spend the afternoon walking around the city to deal with the jetlagg (maybe do Rick Steve's Historic Walk: (Ile de la Cité, Notre-Dame, Latin Quarter y Sainte-Chapelle). Early dinner.
Sept. 11: Champs-Elysées walk ( Arc de Triomphe to Tuileries Garden), Louvre and Orsay. Take a walk in Rue Cler and buy food for a dinner picnic.
Sept. 12: Versailles. If possible, come back to do a Marais walk. Dinner on Ile St. Louis and late walk by Notre-Dame area.
Sept. 13: Disneyland day trip. (My husband has never been to Disney, and I've dreamed about going on a fun disney day trip with him before we have kids).
Sept. 14: Early walk by Rue Cler, have breakfast there and pick up food for a later lunch picnic. Eiffel tower followed by picnic. Left bank walk, and finish the day (and our days in Paris) with a Seine river cruise and dinner.
Sept. 15-17: Brugges. (Staying at Castle ten Berghe). We will only have one day and a half there, so...walk around the city, rent bikes, drink beer and eat chocolate.
Sept. 17: Train to Geneva, Switzerland. After picking up our Swiss Passes (which we have ordered and need to pick up at the airport) take a train to Montreux. Spend the afternoon there, visit the Chateau de Chillon, stroll around the lake and have a nice dinner.
Sept. 18: Golden Pass Panoramic train ride (with VIP seats) to Interlaken. Have lunch at Interlaken before heading up to Murren (staying at Eiger Guesthouse).
Sept 18-21: Spend our time exploring the Jungfrau area. (Visit to Jungfraujoch, Shlithorn (have breakfast at the Piz Gloria)) and hike around.
Sept. 21: Train to Venice via Milano. (6.5 hours). Arrive at Venice late evening.
Sept. 21-24: Spend our time in Venice, we will only get 2 full days there. Explore the city and finish with a gondola (with serenate) ride on our last night.
Sept. 24th: Head home.
PLEASE let me know if we are missing something mayor or if there's something we MUST do in any of this places. I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 2 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 4 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 5 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 6 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 7 10 day Italy
- 8 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 9 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 10 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 11 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 14 Planning a European Trip
- 15 France, UK and Ireland
- 16 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 17 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 18 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 19 Ireland
- 20 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 21 What do after Bernia Express?
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 24 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 25 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?