My husband and I (both in our late 20s) are planning our first trip to Europe in September. I'd love to hear comments and suggestions about our itinerary.
Sept. 10: Arrive at Paris, 3pm. (Staying at Muguet Hotel) Spend the afternoon walking around the city to deal with the jetlagg (maybe do Rick Steve's Historic Walk: (Ile de la Cité, Notre-Dame, Latin Quarter y Sainte-Chapelle). Early dinner.
Sept. 11: Champs-Elysées walk ( Arc de Triomphe to Tuileries Garden), Louvre and Orsay. Take a walk in Rue Cler and buy food for a dinner picnic.
Sept. 12: Versailles. If possible, come back to do a Marais walk. Dinner on Ile St. Louis and late walk by Notre-Dame area.
Sept. 13: Disneyland day trip. (My husband has never been to Disney, and I've dreamed about going on a fun disney day trip with him before we have kids).
Sept. 14: Early walk by Rue Cler, have breakfast there and pick up food for a later lunch picnic. Eiffel tower followed by picnic. Left bank walk, and finish the day (and our days in Paris) with a Seine river cruise and dinner.
Sept. 15-17: Brugges. (Staying at Castle ten Berghe). We will only have one day and a half there, so...walk around the city, rent bikes, drink beer and eat chocolate.
Sept. 17: Train to Geneva, Switzerland. After picking up our Swiss Passes (which we have ordered and need to pick up at the airport) take a train to Montreux. Spend the afternoon there, visit the Chateau de Chillon, stroll around the lake and have a nice dinner.
Sept. 18: Golden Pass Panoramic train ride (with VIP seats) to Interlaken. Have lunch at Interlaken before heading up to Murren (staying at Eiger Guesthouse).
Sept 18-21: Spend our time exploring the Jungfrau area. (Visit to Jungfraujoch, Shlithorn (have breakfast at the Piz Gloria)) and hike around.
Sept. 21: Train to Venice via Milano. (6.5 hours). Arrive at Venice late evening.
Sept. 21-24: Spend our time in Venice, we will only get 2 full days there. Explore the city and finish with a gondola (with serenate) ride on our last night.
Sept. 24th: Head home.
PLEASE let me know if we are missing something mayor or if there's something we MUST do in any of this places. I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Sapin and Portugal itinerary please
- 2 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 3 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 4 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 5 Swiss Pass upgrade for a route
- 6 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 7 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 8 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 9 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 10 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 11 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 12 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 13 Cordoba or Granada?
- 14 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 15 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 16 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 17 Geneva to Munich
- 18 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 19 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 20 Dachstien Ice Caves
- 21 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 22 Iceland itinerary help
- 23 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 24 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 25 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -