My husband and I (both in our late 20s) are planning our first trip to Europe in September. I'd love to hear comments and suggestions about our itinerary.
Sept. 10: Arrive at Paris, 3pm. (Staying at Muguet Hotel) Spend the afternoon walking around the city to deal with the jetlagg (maybe do Rick Steve's Historic Walk: (Ile de la Cité, Notre-Dame, Latin Quarter y Sainte-Chapelle). Early dinner.
Sept. 11: Champs-Elysées walk ( Arc de Triomphe to Tuileries Garden), Louvre and Orsay. Take a walk in Rue Cler and buy food for a dinner picnic.
Sept. 12: Versailles. If possible, come back to do a Marais walk. Dinner on Ile St. Louis and late walk by Notre-Dame area.
Sept. 13: Disneyland day trip. (My husband has never been to Disney, and I've dreamed about going on a fun disney day trip with him before we have kids).
Sept. 14: Early walk by Rue Cler, have breakfast there and pick up food for a later lunch picnic. Eiffel tower followed by picnic. Left bank walk, and finish the day (and our days in Paris) with a Seine river cruise and dinner.
Sept. 15-17: Brugges. (Staying at Castle ten Berghe). We will only have one day and a half there, so...walk around the city, rent bikes, drink beer and eat chocolate.
Sept. 17: Train to Geneva, Switzerland. After picking up our Swiss Passes (which we have ordered and need to pick up at the airport) take a train to Montreux. Spend the afternoon there, visit the Chateau de Chillon, stroll around the lake and have a nice dinner.
Sept. 18: Golden Pass Panoramic train ride (with VIP seats) to Interlaken. Have lunch at Interlaken before heading up to Murren (staying at Eiger Guesthouse).
Sept 18-21: Spend our time exploring the Jungfrau area. (Visit to Jungfraujoch, Shlithorn (have breakfast at the Piz Gloria)) and hike around.
Sept. 21: Train to Venice via Milano. (6.5 hours). Arrive at Venice late evening.
Sept. 21-24: Spend our time in Venice, we will only get 2 full days there. Explore the city and finish with a gondola (with serenate) ride on our last night.
Sept. 24th: Head home.
PLEASE let me know if we are missing something mayor or if there's something we MUST do in any of this places. I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 2 Need advice on Greek islands
- 3 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 4 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 5 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 6 Paris to the Past, by Ina Caro
- 7 Where can I buy a gounded plug adapter for Switzerland?
- 8 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 9 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 10 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 11 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 12 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 13 Florence and Rome
- 14 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 15 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 16 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 17 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 18 Netflix and Hulu
- 19 Sentimental Journey
- 20 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 21 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 22 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 23 Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest which to choose?
- 24 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 25 Pickpocketing prevention tip