Husband and I have a 6 week trip planned, with the first portion (3 weeks) dedicated to business aka working from a laptop in an airbnb/ hotel with half the day exploring (in larger cities). The second portion is open season on travel, so 24/7 exploring with less limitations. Travel is Dec/Nov. Train between all destinations.
I've posted another thread similar, but the conflicting responses we're a little hard to make a definitive plan. We still have a few holes in the plan to fill and hoping to get some suggestions. We'd like the later portion of the trip to have more scenic locations (think mountains, small villages and postcard scenery etc) as the first portion will be city based.
5 nights - Paris (Work)
7 nights - Brussels (Work)
10 nights - Amsterdam (Work for 7 nights, 4 days exploring)
4 nights - Berlin (Exploring - number of nights is flexible, is this too many?)
11 nights........? (Exploring - Any suggestions? Munich, Salzburg, Hallstatt, Wuerzburg, Swizz Alps?) We figured we'd make our way from Germany to Austria and then through Switzerland before we fly out of Paris.
2 nights - Paris (Exploring - Before departing)
My key questions are -
1. Is Brussels worth it even for they stay while we work part day?
2. Suggestions to fill the 11 days of more scenic options?
3. Is 4 days in Berlin too much?
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 2 Last minute trip to Capri
- 3 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 4 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 5 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 8 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 9 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 12 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 13 London Theater
- 14 Salzburg itinerary review
- 15 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 16 Poland to Austria In December
- 17 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 18 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 19 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 20 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Norwegian Air?
- 25 Highclare Castle