Husband and I have a 6 week trip planned, with the first portion (3 weeks) dedicated to business aka working from a laptop in an airbnb/ hotel with half the day exploring (in larger cities). The second portion is open season on travel, so 24/7 exploring with less limitations. Travel is Dec/Nov. Train between all destinations.
I've posted another thread similar, but the conflicting responses we're a little hard to make a definitive plan. We still have a few holes in the plan to fill and hoping to get some suggestions. We'd like the later portion of the trip to have more scenic locations (think mountains, small villages and postcard scenery etc) as the first portion will be city based.
5 nights - Paris (Work)
7 nights - Brussels (Work)
10 nights - Amsterdam (Work for 7 nights, 4 days exploring)
4 nights - Berlin (Exploring - number of nights is flexible, is this too many?)
11 nights........? (Exploring - Any suggestions? Munich, Salzburg, Hallstatt, Wuerzburg, Swizz Alps?) We figured we'd make our way from Germany to Austria and then through Switzerland before we fly out of Paris.
2 nights - Paris (Exploring - Before departing)
My key questions are -
1. Is Brussels worth it even for they stay while we work part day?
2. Suggestions to fill the 11 days of more scenic options?
3. Is 4 days in Berlin too much?
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 2 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 5 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 6 Hiking in Switzerland
- 7 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 8 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 9 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 10 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 11 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 12 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 13 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 14 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 15 2 days in Lugano area
- 16 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 17 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 18 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 19 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 20 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 21 Help on ancient history route
- 22 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 23 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 24 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 25 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?