Husband and I have a 6 week trip planned, with the first portion (3 weeks) dedicated to business aka working from a laptop in an airbnb/ hotel with half the day exploring (in larger cities). The second portion is open season on travel, so 24/7 exploring with less limitations. Travel is Dec/Nov. Train between all destinations.
I've posted another thread similar, but the conflicting responses we're a little hard to make a definitive plan. We still have a few holes in the plan to fill and hoping to get some suggestions. We'd like the later portion of the trip to have more scenic locations (think mountains, small villages and postcard scenery etc) as the first portion will be city based.
5 nights - Paris (Work)
7 nights - Brussels (Work)
10 nights - Amsterdam (Work for 7 nights, 4 days exploring)
4 nights - Berlin (Exploring - number of nights is flexible, is this too many?)
11 nights........? (Exploring - Any suggestions? Munich, Salzburg, Hallstatt, Wuerzburg, Swizz Alps?) We figured we'd make our way from Germany to Austria and then through Switzerland before we fly out of Paris.
2 nights - Paris (Exploring - Before departing)
My key questions are -
1. Is Brussels worth it even for they stay while we work part day?
2. Suggestions to fill the 11 days of more scenic options?
3. Is 4 days in Berlin too much?
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 2 Pay attention to your watches !
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 5 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 6 Schengen Rule
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Christmas Day in Granada
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 13 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 14 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 15 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 16 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 17 Zurich to Milan trip
- 18 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 19 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 24 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 25 Venice/Mestre