My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Ireland in July for a friend's wedding in Connemara, but plan to do some additional traveling before and after the wedding. We fly into Dublin early on a Tuesday morning, and are planning to spend the first day/night in Dublin (we have to be in Galway by noon on Friday for the wedding festivities). Then, renting a car Wednesday morning on our way out of town. Thinking of spending Wednesday night in Cork and Thursday night in Limerick. So, thoughts are on driving through Kilkenny on the way to Cork (maybe a place to stop for lunch), and then on Thursday, driving to the Dingle peninsula where we'll spend the afternoon/night. Finally, leaving Dingle Friday morning to drive to Galway.
Do you think this is a sensible itinerary? If not, what would you suggest?
We then have 2 nights to do in any part of the country after the wedding - leaving Connemara on Sunday and must be back in Dublin by Tuesday night to catch an early flight back to the States on Wednesday. Any suggestions for where to stay on Sunday and Monday nights would be greatly appreciated!! We'd like to get to Belfast, but not sure if that would be too impossible of a drive or cause us to spend all of our time in the car.
Thank you very much in advance.
Few Days in Southern Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 4 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 5 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?
- 6 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 7 France,Spain,Italy
- 8 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 11 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 12 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 13 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 14 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 15 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 16 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 17 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 18 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 19 Schengen Visa Rules
- 20 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 21 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 22 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 23 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 24 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers