My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Ireland in July for a friend's wedding in Connemara, but plan to do some additional traveling before and after the wedding. We fly into Dublin early on a Tuesday morning, and are planning to spend the first day/night in Dublin (we have to be in Galway by noon on Friday for the wedding festivities). Then, renting a car Wednesday morning on our way out of town. Thinking of spending Wednesday night in Cork and Thursday night in Limerick. So, thoughts are on driving through Kilkenny on the way to Cork (maybe a place to stop for lunch), and then on Thursday, driving to the Dingle peninsula where we'll spend the afternoon/night. Finally, leaving Dingle Friday morning to drive to Galway.
Do you think this is a sensible itinerary? If not, what would you suggest?
We then have 2 nights to do in any part of the country after the wedding - leaving Connemara on Sunday and must be back in Dublin by Tuesday night to catch an early flight back to the States on Wednesday. Any suggestions for where to stay on Sunday and Monday nights would be greatly appreciated!! We'd like to get to Belfast, but not sure if that would be too impossible of a drive or cause us to spend all of our time in the car.
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich
- 2 Paris---baguette question???
- 3 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 4 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 5 Vienna or Budapest?
- 6 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 7 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 8 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 9 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 10 Italy/Greece with kids
- 11 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 12 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 13 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 14 10 day Greek Island trip
- 15 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 16 Portugal itinerary help
- 17 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 18 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 19 Lisbon NYE
- 20 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 21 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 22 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 23 English Countryside
- 24 Need help in travel planning
- 25 French immersion courses in France