My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Ireland in July for a friend's wedding in Connemara, but plan to do some additional traveling before and after the wedding. We fly into Dublin early on a Tuesday morning, and are planning to spend the first day/night in Dublin (we have to be in Galway by noon on Friday for the wedding festivities). Then, renting a car Wednesday morning on our way out of town. Thinking of spending Wednesday night in Cork and Thursday night in Limerick. So, thoughts are on driving through Kilkenny on the way to Cork (maybe a place to stop for lunch), and then on Thursday, driving to the Dingle peninsula where we'll spend the afternoon/night. Finally, leaving Dingle Friday morning to drive to Galway.
Do you think this is a sensible itinerary? If not, what would you suggest?
We then have 2 nights to do in any part of the country after the wedding - leaving Connemara on Sunday and must be back in Dublin by Tuesday night to catch an early flight back to the States on Wednesday. Any suggestions for where to stay on Sunday and Monday nights would be greatly appreciated!! We'd like to get to Belfast, but not sure if that would be too impossible of a drive or cause us to spend all of our time in the car.
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 2 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 3 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 4 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 5 Swiss Travel Pass
- 6 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 7 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 8 We're here!
- 9 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 14 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 15 Athens
- 16 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 17 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 18 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 19 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 20 Petrol in Greece
- 21 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 22 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 23 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 24 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 25 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?