My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Ireland in July for a friend's wedding in Connemara, but plan to do some additional traveling before and after the wedding. We fly into Dublin early on a Tuesday morning, and are planning to spend the first day/night in Dublin (we have to be in Galway by noon on Friday for the wedding festivities). Then, renting a car Wednesday morning on our way out of town. Thinking of spending Wednesday night in Cork and Thursday night in Limerick. So, thoughts are on driving through Kilkenny on the way to Cork (maybe a place to stop for lunch), and then on Thursday, driving to the Dingle peninsula where we'll spend the afternoon/night. Finally, leaving Dingle Friday morning to drive to Galway.
Do you think this is a sensible itinerary? If not, what would you suggest?
We then have 2 nights to do in any part of the country after the wedding - leaving Connemara on Sunday and must be back in Dublin by Tuesday night to catch an early flight back to the States on Wednesday. Any suggestions for where to stay on Sunday and Monday nights would be greatly appreciated!! We'd like to get to Belfast, but not sure if that would be too impossible of a drive or cause us to spend all of our time in the car.
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 2 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 3 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 4 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 5 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 6 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 7 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 8 Do most people find a place to pitch a tent, tour europe
- 9 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 10 Cinqueterre
- 11 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 12 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 13 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 14 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 15 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 16 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 17 YIKES!
- 18 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 19 Final Four
- 20 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 21 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 22 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 23 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 24 Cash machines ATM
- 25 ideas for four days in Reykjavic