My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Ireland in July for a friend's wedding in Connemara, but plan to do some additional traveling before and after the wedding. We fly into Dublin early on a Tuesday morning, and are planning to spend the first day/night in Dublin (we have to be in Galway by noon on Friday for the wedding festivities). Then, renting a car Wednesday morning on our way out of town. Thinking of spending Wednesday night in Cork and Thursday night in Limerick. So, thoughts are on driving through Kilkenny on the way to Cork (maybe a place to stop for lunch), and then on Thursday, driving to the Dingle peninsula where we'll spend the afternoon/night. Finally, leaving Dingle Friday morning to drive to Galway.
Do you think this is a sensible itinerary? If not, what would you suggest?
We then have 2 nights to do in any part of the country after the wedding - leaving Connemara on Sunday and must be back in Dublin by Tuesday night to catch an early flight back to the States on Wednesday. Any suggestions for where to stay on Sunday and Monday nights would be greatly appreciated!! We'd like to get to Belfast, but not sure if that would be too impossible of a drive or cause us to spend all of our time in the car.
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 2 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 3 RFID Protection
- 4 3 days to spend in europe
- 5 12 days europe
- 6 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 7 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 8 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 9 Beaches in Southern France
- 10 Rail pass question
- 11 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 12 Paris to Ramstein
- 13 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 14 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 15 3 days with a Swindon base
- 16 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 17 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 18 Amalfi coast
- 19 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 20 If you had four months...
- 21 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 22 italy itinerary
- 23 Ravello to Paestum
- 24 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 25 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?