Husband and I are planning 2-month trip around Europe in 2016. We are in our early 30's.
Originally we wanted to go to Oktoberfest but after a wave of negative feedback we decided it was no longer a bucket list destination. I have been told there are various other festivals across Europe. Currently we will be near Paris/Switzerland/Munich between mid-August and September - right now plans are very flexible. Are there any festivals that take place around that time that you'd recommend? We aren't really art-buffs, have a pretty well-rounded taste for music in the States (not familiar with many European bands however) mostly would enjoy food/beer/culture. Not sure what to expect at a European festival to be honest - so I apologize for my ignorance if this question is missing other key input. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 2 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 3 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Thinking about the Fjords
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 8 Rome to Venice
- 9 Alitala
- 10 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 11 Bordeaux to Nice
- 12 Whathello Paris
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 15 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 16 One free day in Barcelona
- 17 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 18 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 19 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 20 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 21 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 22 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 23 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 Supplements in Carry on bag