Husband and I are planning 2-month trip around Europe in 2016. We are in our early 30's.
Originally we wanted to go to Oktoberfest but after a wave of negative feedback we decided it was no longer a bucket list destination. I have been told there are various other festivals across Europe. Currently we will be near Paris/Switzerland/Munich between mid-August and September - right now plans are very flexible. Are there any festivals that take place around that time that you'd recommend? We aren't really art-buffs, have a pretty well-rounded taste for music in the States (not familiar with many European bands however) mostly would enjoy food/beer/culture. Not sure what to expect at a European festival to be honest - so I apologize for my ignorance if this question is missing other key input. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 2 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 3 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 4 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 5 Paris to Bordeaux
- 6 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 7 Iceland 3 day layover
- 8 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 9 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 10 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 11 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 12 Train travel
- 13 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 14 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 15 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 16 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 17 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 18 DVD burning software
- 19 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 20 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 21 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 22 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 23 WWI Battlefields
- 24 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 25 Munich to Hallstatt in a day