As posted on my previous post wife and I will be in Croatia in July. We are landing into Split airport at 8.45 am. We have 2 options to get to Hvar. First being the catamaran which departs Split port at 11.30 am and arrives into Hvar town at 12.30 pm. Other being the ferry which departs Split port at 11.00 am and arrives Stari Grad at 13.00. Does anyone know which of the 2 is more comfortable? I heard from one source that the ferries do not always run on schedule, and that to get a catamaran to Hvar we will have to wait hours in line because you can't buy tickets in advance. Is that true? Im more keen on catamaran since i will get sufficient time to get from Split airport to the port and also the journey time is less which means i will be in Hvar earlier. Please suggest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fodor's Survey
- 2 Azores, Canary Islands, Mallorca, or Hawaii for August Honeymoon
- 3 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 4 Barcelona question
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 7 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 8 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 9 My 60th birthday surprises
- 10 20 Days in Europe
- 11 4 days in switzerland
- 12 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 13 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 14 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 15 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 16 European Cooking Secrets
- 17 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 18 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 19 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 20 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 21 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 22 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 23 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 24 Help with first time trip with family
- 25 Suggestions for Drive to Milan