I've been reading a lot of the questions and even though they are similar to mine, I haven't yet found exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm planning an anniversary trip in September to Greece for 10 days,and 4 days in Florence, Italy. Before anyone freaks out, let me tell you that I've already done an Italy tour for a month and seen cities at a week at a time so the reason the Italy part is so short is because I've already been to Florence closer to 2 weeks and LOVED it so much, that I can't go all the way to Greece without having a few days in Florence!
My question is:
We arrive in Athens and I thought to spend a day or 2 there. We're mainly going for the beaches, sun and romantic sunrise at Santorini, etc.
Then I was hoping to see Crete, Santorini, Mykonos and Rhodes. But I hear 10 days isn't enough for all the islands. For some reason I really have my heart set on Crete and Santorini. What do you think?
From Athens, should we go to Santorino first or Crete? Keep in mind we want to take a ferry over to Italy. Which port is the closest in Greece to our destinations that goes to Italy?
Also for Florence, is Ancona port better or Venice? Which is closer and cheaper to get to Florence? Is it one train ride away?
Thank you so much in advance. I really do need some help to get organized!
I really appreciate it
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Village
- 2 Crete Holiday
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 One free day in Barcelona
- 5 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 6 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 7 Apartment Montreux area
- 8 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 Europe First Timers
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 13 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 14 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 15 base in brussels
- 16 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 17 Rome or Venice first
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 20 Berlin
- 21 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 22 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 23 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 24 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 25 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott