I've been reading a lot of the questions and even though they are similar to mine, I haven't yet found exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm planning an anniversary trip in September to Greece for 10 days,and 4 days in Florence, Italy. Before anyone freaks out, let me tell you that I've already done an Italy tour for a month and seen cities at a week at a time so the reason the Italy part is so short is because I've already been to Florence closer to 2 weeks and LOVED it so much, that I can't go all the way to Greece without having a few days in Florence!
My question is:
We arrive in Athens and I thought to spend a day or 2 there. We're mainly going for the beaches, sun and romantic sunrise at Santorini, etc.
Then I was hoping to see Crete, Santorini, Mykonos and Rhodes. But I hear 10 days isn't enough for all the islands. For some reason I really have my heart set on Crete and Santorini. What do you think?
From Athens, should we go to Santorino first or Crete? Keep in mind we want to take a ferry over to Italy. Which port is the closest in Greece to our destinations that goes to Italy?
Also for Florence, is Ancona port better or Venice? Which is closer and cheaper to get to Florence? Is it one train ride away?
Thank you so much in advance. I really do need some help to get organized!
I really appreciate it
Ferry from Greece to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 4 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 5 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 6 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 9 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 10 22 year olds in Europe
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Granada
- 13 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 14 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 15 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 16 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 17 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 18 Coffee in Naples
- 19 A Sardinia trip report
- 20 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 21 First time Ireland trip
- 22 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 23 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 24 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 25 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?