I've been reading a lot of the questions and even though they are similar to mine, I haven't yet found exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm planning an anniversary trip in September to Greece for 10 days,and 4 days in Florence, Italy. Before anyone freaks out, let me tell you that I've already done an Italy tour for a month and seen cities at a week at a time so the reason the Italy part is so short is because I've already been to Florence closer to 2 weeks and LOVED it so much, that I can't go all the way to Greece without having a few days in Florence!
My question is:
We arrive in Athens and I thought to spend a day or 2 there. We're mainly going for the beaches, sun and romantic sunrise at Santorini, etc.
Then I was hoping to see Crete, Santorini, Mykonos and Rhodes. But I hear 10 days isn't enough for all the islands. For some reason I really have my heart set on Crete and Santorini. What do you think?
From Athens, should we go to Santorino first or Crete? Keep in mind we want to take a ferry over to Italy. Which port is the closest in Greece to our destinations that goes to Italy?
Also for Florence, is Ancona port better or Venice? Which is closer and cheaper to get to Florence? Is it one train ride away?
Thank you so much in advance. I really do need some help to get organized!
I really appreciate it
Ferry from Greece to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - boats on canals
- 2 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 3 Ghent or Paris?
- 4 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 5 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 8 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 9 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 10 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 11 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 12 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 Do trains run past midnight???
- 15 U.S. Citizen visiting Sweden for first time and I have two questions
- 16 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 17 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 18 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 19 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 20 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip
- 21 Hotel recommendations for family of four (kids: 15, 12)
- 22 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 23 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 24 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 25 Warsaw for the week-end / language question