I've been reading a lot of the questions and even though they are similar to mine, I haven't yet found exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm planning an anniversary trip in September to Greece for 10 days,and 4 days in Florence, Italy. Before anyone freaks out, let me tell you that I've already done an Italy tour for a month and seen cities at a week at a time so the reason the Italy part is so short is because I've already been to Florence closer to 2 weeks and LOVED it so much, that I can't go all the way to Greece without having a few days in Florence!
My question is:
We arrive in Athens and I thought to spend a day or 2 there. We're mainly going for the beaches, sun and romantic sunrise at Santorini, etc.
Then I was hoping to see Crete, Santorini, Mykonos and Rhodes. But I hear 10 days isn't enough for all the islands. For some reason I really have my heart set on Crete and Santorini. What do you think?
From Athens, should we go to Santorino first or Crete? Keep in mind we want to take a ferry over to Italy. Which port is the closest in Greece to our destinations that goes to Italy?
Also for Florence, is Ancona port better or Venice? Which is closer and cheaper to get to Florence? Is it one train ride away?
Thank you so much in advance. I really do need some help to get organized!
I really appreciate it
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 Seville to Cordoba
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 London Hotel - Different Request
- 6 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 9 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 10 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 15 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 16 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 17 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 18 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 19 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 20 Sim Cards
- 21 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 22 London in Winter Report
- 23 Portugal rental car
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan