I am planning on taking the ferry from Frederikshavn to Göteburg in April. I've seen the StenaLine schedules... ouch. I cannot leave so early as 14:00, because I'm actually going to Frederikshavn to visit (doing Genealogy research). The fact that there is a ferry to Sweden is oh-so-convenient. We are not going to Göteburg to see it; it will be a stopover en route to Stockholm.
My question is, if we're getting in at 23:00, where would be the best place to stay? I can't find much information about the station, and I don't want to be trying to find the metro in the dark, only to find out it isn't running, and then flagging down a cabbie. I haven't always had the best luck with stations in this way....
Also, someone (8 years ago though) mentioned that there was a fast ferry. Can't find anything about this. Any ideas?
Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 River Boat Cruise
- 2 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 3 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 4 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 5 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 6 Sliema, Malta
- 7 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 8 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 9 Sachsenhausen?
- 10 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 11 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 12 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 13 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 14 Rome to Portofino -
- 15 Sim Card
- 16 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 17 3 Days in Paris.. what are the "must sees"?
- 18 12 Days in Italy
- 19 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 20 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 21 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 22 student in denmark
- 23 Poland in September
- 24 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 25 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?