I am planning on taking the ferry from Frederikshavn to Göteburg in April. I've seen the StenaLine schedules... ouch. I cannot leave so early as 14:00, because I'm actually going to Frederikshavn to visit (doing Genealogy research). The fact that there is a ferry to Sweden is oh-so-convenient. We are not going to Göteburg to see it; it will be a stopover en route to Stockholm.
My question is, if we're getting in at 23:00, where would be the best place to stay? I can't find much information about the station, and I don't want to be trying to find the metro in the dark, only to find out it isn't running, and then flagging down a cabbie. I haven't always had the best luck with stations in this way....
Also, someone (8 years ago though) mentioned that there was a fast ferry. Can't find anything about this. Any ideas?
Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway fjord
- 2 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 3 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 4 7 days in Greece
- 5 Italy
- 6 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 9 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 10 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 11 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 12 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 13 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 14 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 15 Praiana to Positano
- 16 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 17 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 18 Another Book List for Italy
- 19 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 20 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 21 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 22 3 weeks in Italy and France with 2 kids.
- 23 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 24 Venice
- 25 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites