We need to travel from England(Ashford or Dover) to Calais, France, where we will pick up a rental car.
The Eurostar only runs ONCE a day from Ashford to Calais, at 7:35AM.
The ferry runs every hour or so from Dover, upon which we would be foot passengers.
Has anyone done either of these? Preference?
We will have a rental car that we will need to return before heading to Calais, France. I am concerned the 7:35am(Eurostar) departure doesn't leave us enough time. On the otherhand I am concerned the ferry terminal is inconvenient and overall more difficult.
Your input is very appreciated...3 1/2 weeks to trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for England and France travels?
- 2 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 3 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/geniux-reviews/
- 4 Northern Italian Food
- 5 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 6 Barcelona on budget
- 7 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 8 http://www.supplementoffers.org/skinnoir-cream/
- 9 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 10 http://thedropnet.com/curvy-bust
- 11 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 12 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 13 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 14 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 15 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 16 Provence to Nice driving
- 17 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 18 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 19 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 21 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 22 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 23 German Train travel
- 24 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 25 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
Ferry from Dover to Calais OR Eurostar from Ashford to Calais?