We need to travel from England(Ashford or Dover) to Calais, France, where we will pick up a rental car.
The Eurostar only runs ONCE a day from Ashford to Calais, at 7:35AM.
The ferry runs every hour or so from Dover, upon which we would be foot passengers.
Has anyone done either of these? Preference?
We will have a rental car that we will need to return before heading to Calais, France. I am concerned the 7:35am(Eurostar) departure doesn't leave us enough time. On the otherhand I am concerned the ferry terminal is inconvenient and overall more difficult.
Your input is very appreciated...3 1/2 weeks to trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lille Braderie 2017
- 2 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 3 Apartment Montreux area
- 4 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 5 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 8 Trains in Italy
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 10 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 14 Rome or Venice first
- 15 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 19 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 20 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 23 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 24 Europe First Timers
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
Ferry from Dover to Calais OR Eurostar from Ashford to Calais?