We need to travel from England(Ashford or Dover) to Calais, France, where we will pick up a rental car.
The Eurostar only runs ONCE a day from Ashford to Calais, at 7:35AM.
The ferry runs every hour or so from Dover, upon which we would be foot passengers.
Has anyone done either of these? Preference?
We will have a rental car that we will need to return before heading to Calais, France. I am concerned the 7:35am(Eurostar) departure doesn't leave us enough time. On the otherhand I am concerned the ferry terminal is inconvenient and overall more difficult.
Your input is very appreciated...3 1/2 weeks to trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 2 Ballet Bolshoi
- 3 Le Marche, Italy
- 4 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 5 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 6 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 7 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 8 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 9 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 10 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 11 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 12 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 13 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 14 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 15 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 16 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 17 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 18 Trains France/Switzerland
- 19 fear of driving in rome!
- 20 Italy trains question
- 21 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 22 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 23 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 24 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 25 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
Ferry from Dover to Calais OR Eurostar from Ashford to Calais?