We need to travel from England(Ashford or Dover) to Calais, France, where we will pick up a rental car.
The Eurostar only runs ONCE a day from Ashford to Calais, at 7:35AM.
The ferry runs every hour or so from Dover, upon which we would be foot passengers.
Has anyone done either of these? Preference?
We will have a rental car that we will need to return before heading to Calais, France. I am concerned the 7:35am(Eurostar) departure doesn't leave us enough time. On the otherhand I am concerned the ferry terminal is inconvenient and overall more difficult.
Your input is very appreciated...3 1/2 weeks to trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 3 Another tipping question: concierges
- 4 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 9 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 10 Escargots in Paris
- 11 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 12 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 13 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 16 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 17 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 18 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 19 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Vacation in Great Britain
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
Ferry from Dover to Calais OR Eurostar from Ashford to Calais?