We need to travel from England(Ashford or Dover) to Calais, France, where we will pick up a rental car.
The Eurostar only runs ONCE a day from Ashford to Calais, at 7:35AM.
The ferry runs every hour or so from Dover, upon which we would be foot passengers.
Has anyone done either of these? Preference?
We will have a rental car that we will need to return before heading to Calais, France. I am concerned the 7:35am(Eurostar) departure doesn't leave us enough time. On the otherhand I am concerned the ferry terminal is inconvenient and overall more difficult.
Your input is very appreciated...3 1/2 weeks to trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 2 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 3 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 4 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 5 Food in Positano
- 6 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 7 Ireland hotel questions
- 8 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 9 Italy
- 10 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 11 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 12 3 weeks in Spain
- 13 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 14 Emergencies in Ireland
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 How to Pick Up Vatican Tickets
- 17 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 18 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 19 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 20 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 21 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Edinburgh to Skye
- 25 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
Ferry from Dover to Calais OR Eurostar from Ashford to Calais?