We need to travel from England(Ashford or Dover) to Calais, France, where we will pick up a rental car.
The Eurostar only runs ONCE a day from Ashford to Calais, at 7:35AM.
The ferry runs every hour or so from Dover, upon which we would be foot passengers.
Has anyone done either of these? Preference?
We will have a rental car that we will need to return before heading to Calais, France. I am concerned the 7:35am(Eurostar) departure doesn't leave us enough time. On the otherhand I am concerned the ferry terminal is inconvenient and overall more difficult.
Your input is very appreciated...3 1/2 weeks to trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 2 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 3 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 4 Capri in July
- 5 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 8 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 9 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 10 Venice
- 11 London 2For1 question
- 12 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 13 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 14 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 17 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Porto and vicinity
- 20 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 21 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 22 Norway fjord
- 23 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 Italy
Ferry from Dover to Calais OR Eurostar from Ashford to Calais?