We need to travel from England(Ashford or Dover) to Calais, France, where we will pick up a rental car.
The Eurostar only runs ONCE a day from Ashford to Calais, at 7:35AM.
The ferry runs every hour or so from Dover, upon which we would be foot passengers.
Has anyone done either of these? Preference?
We will have a rental car that we will need to return before heading to Calais, France. I am concerned the 7:35am(Eurostar) departure doesn't leave us enough time. On the otherhand I am concerned the ferry terminal is inconvenient and overall more difficult.
Your input is very appreciated...3 1/2 weeks to trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 2 Barcelona completely overrated
- 3 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 4 Naples or Genoa
- 5 Florence Leather Shop - Real or Rip Off ?
- 6 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 7 Munich restaurant recs
- 8 Norway accessories and must have
- 9 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 10 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 11 England and Wales by public transport
- 12 Norway holiday locations
- 13 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 14 Our European adventures
- 15 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 16 Bordeaux TRIP
- 17 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 18 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 19 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 20 20 free days of Europe
- 21 Greece in 15 Days
- 22 Adaptors for Belgium
- 23 Walking Scotland
- 24 Home base for a month in France?
- 25 Train Ticket Help
Ferry from Dover to Calais OR Eurostar from Ashford to Calais?