I love to travel and despite being only 29, I've had the opportunity to visit some wonderful places all over the world. One of the best and most special parts for me is being able to share the memories with a friend or family member. All of my trips have been with taken with someone - mostly my mother, father, and brother, all of whom are avid world travelers as well. Recently, when trying to plan my next big adventure, I realized that many of my friends are not able to travel with me, whether it's because of work schedules, money, or family obligations. And although my family is always up for a vacation, they cannot accompany me this year. So I finally decided to travel ALONE. Just me. I thought to myself "what's stopping me?" I am single, healthy, independent, and I can't think of one reason NOT to go. I've chosen Paris as my first solo destination I'm thinking to go towards the end of January. I'd like to stay in a very safe neighborhood, one where I will not be uncomfortable walking alone in the early evening hours. Close proximity to metro is a must. Can anyone provide helpful tips or suggestions for me? Areas or things to avoid, great cafes to visit, etc.? I appreciate any feedback!
Female Traveling to Paris Alone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 2 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 3 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 4 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 5 Train from Sarlat
- 6 Trains
- 7 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 8 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 9 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 10 Naples vs Sorrento
- 11 Cinque Terre trails
- 12 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 13 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 14 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 15 Paris Bastille Day
- 16 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 17 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 18 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015
- 19 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 20 Liverpool to London
- 21 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 22 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 23 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 24 italy for - 2 weeks for a young couple
- 25 car rental agency