I love to travel and despite being only 29, I've had the opportunity to visit some wonderful places all over the world. One of the best and most special parts for me is being able to share the memories with a friend or family member. All of my trips have been with taken with someone - mostly my mother, father, and brother, all of whom are avid world travelers as well. Recently, when trying to plan my next big adventure, I realized that many of my friends are not able to travel with me, whether it's because of work schedules, money, or family obligations. And although my family is always up for a vacation, they cannot accompany me this year. So I finally decided to travel ALONE. Just me. I thought to myself "what's stopping me?" I am single, healthy, independent, and I can't think of one reason NOT to go. I've chosen Paris as my first solo destination I'm thinking to go towards the end of January. I'd like to stay in a very safe neighborhood, one where I will not be uncomfortable walking alone in the early evening hours. Close proximity to metro is a must. Can anyone provide helpful tips or suggestions for me? Areas or things to avoid, great cafes to visit, etc.? I appreciate any feedback!
Female Traveling to Paris Alone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - boats on canals
- 2 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 3 Ghent or Paris?
- 4 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 5 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 8 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 9 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 10 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 11 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 12 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 Do trains run past midnight???
- 15 U.S. Citizen visiting Sweden for first time and I have two questions
- 16 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 17 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 18 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 19 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 20 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip
- 21 Hotel recommendations for family of four (kids: 15, 12)
- 22 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 23 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 24 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 25 Warsaw for the week-end / language question