I am finalizing plans for a up coming for a upcoming trip to Europe. Here is the itinerary thus far.
September 12- 17- Amsterdam-For most on this site 5 days in Amsterdam might seem like a lot. This is where my great-great grandparents (both sides) immigrated from so for me this will be the homeland. I have a good amount of information to track Family names are Baars and Andersin.
September 17-20 Brugge Belgium. I need suggestions on best way to get from Amsterdam to Brugge. Staying at the Bonobo
Should we rent a car or is a eurorail pass a good idea. I don't have experience with this.
September 20-23- Koln Germany. We hosted a exchange student for 10 months a few years ago and we will spend this time visiting with him and his family.
September 23-28 Prague- flying from Frankfurt-to Prague- need info on activities outside of Prague, the train system etc...
September 28-October 1- Flying from Prague to Stuggart. rented a car for the duration of the trip WE HAVE NO ARRANGEMENTS YET. thought we would do some wandering
October 1- 8 Munich- Have rented a self catering apartment for stay with car parking
Looking for things to do outside of Munich. we have Ocktoberfest arrangements.
Open to all suggestions for train transposration among destinations...and any must see attractions. Ive read the Rick Steves books for the above countries.
Fellow Foderites...need help with a few last details for upcoming trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 2 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 3 Mama Mia Italy!
- 4 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 5 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 6 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 7 Ireland or Scotland
- 8 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 9 Need help with itinerary
- 10 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 11 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 12 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 13 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?
- 14 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 15 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 16 R&R in Paris and a little more in the south
- 17 La Sagrada Familia
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 19 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 20 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 21 Do I need train tix in advance
- 22 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 23 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 24 Schengen rule made easy
- 25 Best Berlin neighborhood for lodging?