I am finalizing plans for a up coming for a upcoming trip to Europe. Here is the itinerary thus far.
September 12- 17- Amsterdam-For most on this site 5 days in Amsterdam might seem like a lot. This is where my great-great grandparents (both sides) immigrated from so for me this will be the homeland. I have a good amount of information to track Family names are Baars and Andersin.
September 17-20 Brugge Belgium. I need suggestions on best way to get from Amsterdam to Brugge. Staying at the Bonobo
Should we rent a car or is a eurorail pass a good idea. I don't have experience with this.
September 20-23- Koln Germany. We hosted a exchange student for 10 months a few years ago and we will spend this time visiting with him and his family.
September 23-28 Prague- flying from Frankfurt-to Prague- need info on activities outside of Prague, the train system etc...
September 28-October 1- Flying from Prague to Stuggart. rented a car for the duration of the trip WE HAVE NO ARRANGEMENTS YET. thought we would do some wandering
October 1- 8 Munich- Have rented a self catering apartment for stay with car parking
Looking for things to do outside of Munich. we have Ocktoberfest arrangements.
Open to all suggestions for train transposration among destinations...and any must see attractions. Ive read the Rick Steves books for the above countries.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt to UK
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 10 Italy Car Scam
- 11 God Save the Queen?
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 16 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 22 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 23 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 24 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 25 Iceland
Fellow Foderites...need help with a few last details for upcoming trip