I am finalizing plans for a up coming for a upcoming trip to Europe. Here is the itinerary thus far.
September 12- 17- Amsterdam-For most on this site 5 days in Amsterdam might seem like a lot. This is where my great-great grandparents (both sides) immigrated from so for me this will be the homeland. I have a good amount of information to track Family names are Baars and Andersin.
September 17-20 Brugge Belgium. I need suggestions on best way to get from Amsterdam to Brugge. Staying at the Bonobo
Should we rent a car or is a eurorail pass a good idea. I don't have experience with this.
September 20-23- Koln Germany. We hosted a exchange student for 10 months a few years ago and we will spend this time visiting with him and his family.
September 23-28 Prague- flying from Frankfurt-to Prague- need info on activities outside of Prague, the train system etc...
September 28-October 1- Flying from Prague to Stuggart. rented a car for the duration of the trip WE HAVE NO ARRANGEMENTS YET. thought we would do some wandering
October 1- 8 Munich- Have rented a self catering apartment for stay with car parking
Looking for things to do outside of Munich. we have Ocktoberfest arrangements.
Open to all suggestions for train transposration among destinations...and any must see attractions. Ive read the Rick Steves books for the above countries.
Fellow Foderites...need help with a few last details for upcoming trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 2 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 3 I went to Paris in June
- 4 Help with a small island in Greece
- 5 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 6 Brugge photo on Bing
- 7 Cotswolds village base
- 8 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 9 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 10 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 11 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 12 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 13 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 14 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 15 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 16 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 17 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 18 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 19 How long in Venice?
- 20 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 21 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 22 Getting cash in Spain
- 23 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 24 First Time Going to Europe
- 25 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please