My girlfriend and I will be heading to Europe this November/December for 17 nights. Typically, we wouldn't go in November but we got a great deal on flights and couldn't pass up.
We've done some preliminary planning and are trying to plan out our route. She wants to try and hit as many of the major cities as we can, to get a brief but full and wide variety of experiences. We think we have a basic idea of where we would go and have this determined so far:
Nov 20 -- Arrive in Milan at 7:45am from NYC. Depart immediately to Zermatt
Nov 21 - Day in Zermatt, night train (8:00pm) from Zermatt to Rome via Milan.
Nov 22 - Rome
Nov 23 - Rome
Nov 24 - Rome
Nov 25 - Venice (would take train overnight on the 24th from Rome)
Nov 26 - Berlin/Barcelona (fly to Berlin around Noon from Venice)
Nov 27 - Berlin/Barcelona
Nov 28 - Berlin/Barcelona
Nov 29 - Amsterdam
Nov 30 - Amsterdam
Dec 1 - London
Dec 2 - London
Dec 3 - London
Dec 4 - Paris
Dec 5 - Paris
Dec 6 - Paris
Dec 7 - Home.
Any input on if we should do Berlin or Barcelona? That section of our proposal still seems up in the air and we can't really decide. The above route is based on going to Berlin, if we did Barcelona instead we would likely swap the route around a bit (Zermatt-Venice-Rome-Barcelona-Paris-Amsterdam-London).
Any thoughts, feedback, and recommendations are welcome. I realize this is probably going to seem rushed, just trying to squeeze in as much as we can.
Feedback Please - 17 Day Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 2 NT in devon and cornwall
- 3 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 4 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 5 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 6 DCC on the increase?
- 7 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 8 Paris info required
- 9 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 10 King's Day Amsterdam - 2015!
- 11 Venice - things to do?
- 12 Chamonix to Lyon by train or bus
- 13 Italy, June, 11 nights, Flights arrice and depart from Rome (Ciampino)
- 14 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 15 Scenic Beauty in Greek Island ? Crete or other island ?
- 16 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 17 Keeping in touch with young children while in Europe
- 18 Lyon Arrondissements
- 19 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 20 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 21 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 22 Alilaguna to Rialto?
- 23 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 24 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 25 Best of Southern France and Spain