My girlfriend and I will be heading to Europe this November/December for 17 nights. Typically, we wouldn't go in November but we got a great deal on flights and couldn't pass up.
We've done some preliminary planning and are trying to plan out our route. She wants to try and hit as many of the major cities as we can, to get a brief but full and wide variety of experiences. We think we have a basic idea of where we would go and have this determined so far:
Nov 20 -- Arrive in Milan at 7:45am from NYC. Depart immediately to Zermatt
Nov 21 - Day in Zermatt, night train (8:00pm) from Zermatt to Rome via Milan.
Nov 22 - Rome
Nov 23 - Rome
Nov 24 - Rome
Nov 25 - Venice (would take train overnight on the 24th from Rome)
Nov 26 - Berlin/Barcelona (fly to Berlin around Noon from Venice)
Nov 27 - Berlin/Barcelona
Nov 28 - Berlin/Barcelona
Nov 29 - Amsterdam
Nov 30 - Amsterdam
Dec 1 - London
Dec 2 - London
Dec 3 - London
Dec 4 - Paris
Dec 5 - Paris
Dec 6 - Paris
Dec 7 - Home.
Any input on if we should do Berlin or Barcelona? That section of our proposal still seems up in the air and we can't really decide. The above route is based on going to Berlin, if we did Barcelona instead we would likely swap the route around a bit (Zermatt-Venice-Rome-Barcelona-Paris-Amsterdam-London).
Any thoughts, feedback, and recommendations are welcome. I realize this is probably going to seem rushed, just trying to squeeze in as much as we can.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 2 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 3 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 4 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 5 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 6 Help required with Itinerary
- 7 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 8 advance tickets?
- 9 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 10 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 11 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 12 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 14 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 15 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 16 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 17 Trip to Rome
- 18 Greek Islands (small)
- 19 Spain in December
- 20 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 21 cheap food in london
- 22 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 23 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 24 Eating Indian In London
- 25 Crete/Athens June 2017