My girlfriend and I will be heading to Europe this November/December for 17 nights. Typically, we wouldn't go in November but we got a great deal on flights and couldn't pass up.
We've done some preliminary planning and are trying to plan out our route. She wants to try and hit as many of the major cities as we can, to get a brief but full and wide variety of experiences. We think we have a basic idea of where we would go and have this determined so far:
Nov 20 -- Arrive in Milan at 7:45am from NYC. Depart immediately to Zermatt
Nov 21 - Day in Zermatt, night train (8:00pm) from Zermatt to Rome via Milan.
Nov 22 - Rome
Nov 23 - Rome
Nov 24 - Rome
Nov 25 - Venice (would take train overnight on the 24th from Rome)
Nov 26 - Berlin/Barcelona (fly to Berlin around Noon from Venice)
Nov 27 - Berlin/Barcelona
Nov 28 - Berlin/Barcelona
Nov 29 - Amsterdam
Nov 30 - Amsterdam
Dec 1 - London
Dec 2 - London
Dec 3 - London
Dec 4 - Paris
Dec 5 - Paris
Dec 6 - Paris
Dec 7 - Home.
Any input on if we should do Berlin or Barcelona? That section of our proposal still seems up in the air and we can't really decide. The above route is based on going to Berlin, if we did Barcelona instead we would likely swap the route around a bit (Zermatt-Venice-Rome-Barcelona-Paris-Amsterdam-London).
Any thoughts, feedback, and recommendations are welcome. I realize this is probably going to seem rushed, just trying to squeeze in as much as we can.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Cooking Secrets
- 2 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 3 CDG much improved
- 4 London tour and theatre ideas
- 5 BEWARE of EUROCAR
- 6 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 7 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 8 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 9 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 10 England and Wales by public transport
- 11 Italy's central lakes!
- 12 Travel vs. Babies
- 13 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 14 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 15 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 16 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 17 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 18 Travel help
- 19 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 20 20 Days in Europe
- 21 Live music or Theater over Christmas and New Years?
- 22 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 23 Europe in late January
- 24 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 25 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?